The Flying Beast

Into Another World

3/30/12

Another update for you guys :) Mainly a daragon and bombae chapter!

Enjoy~~ Comments and criticisms are always welcome, hehe


            The sun went down in the Land of Gin, and Dara and Jiyong set off to the tallest hill they could find.

“This place is a desert,” Dara said as she surveyed the area. “I don’t think there actually is elevated land.”

            “Hmm, then I guess there’s no use trying to search any longer,” Jiyong responded. “Let’s just go to a remote area so we don’t disturb anyone.”

            Dara nodded. Reaching a place with no landmarks in a two mile radius, the two stopped and looked up at the sky.

            “Alright, here goes nothing,” Dara took a deep breath and raised her arm. Right when she did so, she heard a roar.

            “Did you hear that?!” Jiyong asked, looking frightened.

            “Yeah,” Dara replied as she looked up at the sky again, searching for the source of the sound. It came again, with its volume amplified.

             Dara’s stomach dropped as she saw a huge dragon fly through the clouds and straight toward them.

            “Stand back!” Jiyong shouted to Dara as he stepped in front of her. “Damn, I should have let the others come with us.”

            He shot bolts of lightning at the dragon, but it was hard to aim with the dragon flying around. Dara’s heartbeat became even faster than before. This isn’t good. I have to help him out. Maybe the dragon is being controlled by magic. If I can dispel the magic…

            Taking a risk and stepping in front of Jiyong, Dara raised her hand and released a waft of dispelling charm on the dragon. The charm reached the dragon, but it had no effect on it. Instead, it attracted the dragon’s attention to Dara.

            Shoot, Dara thought as the dragon changed its course and headed right toward her.

            “Dara!” Jiyong reached forward, but he was too late. The dragon had scooped Dara up and flew back towards the sky. No! I have to save her!

            His mind flashed through all of the memories that he had with her, and he felt a pressure behind his throat when he realized what will happen if he let the dragon took Dara away. But no matter how much he wanted to save her, he could not stand up against a flying creature.

            The dragon is too far! Jiyong thought in vain. If only I could fly.

            Suddenly, his pendant glowed bright yellow, like how it usually does when he releases a lightning attack. But unlike the small glow it usually radiates, the light coming from the pendant enveloped his whole body. What is happening?

            Right after that thought, he felt his pain in between his scapulas.

            Dara, being held in between the dragon’s claws, squinted to see what was happening to Jiyong. After the light surrounding Jiyong dissipated, she noticed something yellow coming out of Jiyong’s back. Wings?

            Her heart sang with delight as she saw Jiyong fly toward her with his newfound wings. Thankfully, the dragon was oblivious to what was happening behind him. When he was a close enough distance to the dragon, Jiyong released a lightning bolt and directed it at the dragon’s head.

            Shocked, the dragon turned around to face the source of the attack, and right when it turned around, it received another lightning attack. This time, it was aimed right at its eyes. Reeling from the shock of the attack, the dragon let go of Dara.

            Dara had never felt so much fear in her life. Not only being so high up away from the ground, she was in mid-air, helplessly falling to what would very much likely be her death.

            Thankfully, she felt a pair of arms catch her and let out the breath that she had been holding. Wrapping her arms around Jiyong’s neck, she buried her face in his chest. “I’m never going skydiving.”

            Jiyong laughed. “How can you make a joke at this time?!”

            “I’m serious!” Dara replied, his smile slowly infecting her. She couldn’t believe what just happened. Dara thought that it was the end. She could not affect the dragon in any way with her magic, and Jiyong was too far away to do anything. Thankfully, the pendants helped out once again. “Your wings are beautiful.”

            “The surprises just never end, do they?” Jiyong smiled as he landed on the ground.

            “Oh, thank goodness!” Dara shouted as her feet touched the floor. She was back in her element. Earth.

            “Watch out!” a voice came from behind them.

           Quickly turning around, Dara and Jiyong saw the dragon, recovered from Jiyong’s previous attack, flying towards them and breathing out fire.

            Just when the fire was about to hit them, a wall of ice separated the fire from Dara and Jiyong.

            Turning to the right, the two looked for their savior.

            “Bom!” Dara shouted. “You’re here!”

            “Yeah, so is everyone else. Chaerin, Seungri, and Youngbae are almost here. Youngbae sensed that there was something wrong, so we decided to check up on you guys,” Bom smiled while keeping her eye on the dragon up above. She then narrowed her eyes. “Wait… Is that Youngbae?”

            Looking up, Dara gasped. Instead of the one dragon that they were fighting, there were now two dragons, battling it out with fire. “Did he shape-shift?”

            “Yeah, he did!”

            The three friends turned and saw Chaerin and Seungri walking towards them. Seungri was grinning from ear to ear. “Awesome, isn’t it?”

            “Yes,” Bom said quietly, still looking up at the sky. But she saw that the dragon with the black scales, presumably Youngbae, was losing the battle. “Alright. Now that we’re all here, let’s show the dragon what we’re made of! Jiyong, since you somehow have wings right now, go fly up and help Youngbae with close range attacks. Attacking his eyes was a good idea. But any tender area is good. Seungri, manipulate the wind so that the dragon won’t get too close to Youngbae and Jiyong. Chaerin, try to put out the fire from the dragon’s breath if it gets too close to any of us. I’ll try and do that too, but my ice powers are still not fully back yet, so don’t count on me. Dara, work on dispelling the clouds. Hopefully, if the dragon has nothing to protect, it will give up and fly away.”

            “Got it, captain,” Jiyong flapped his wings and took off. The rest of the group went to their respective jobs.

            After a few minutes, Dara successfully dispelled the clouds, and the dragon, realizing this, roared and flew away.

            Collapsing on the floor, Dara breathed a sigh of relief. This outing turned out to be more than I bargained for.

            Looking back up at the sky, Dara could see Jiyong flying toward her. After he landed, he closed his eyes and his wings disappeared. Getting up, Dara ran up to him and gave him a hug, not minding the surprised gasps and the teasing whistles coming from her friends.

            “So what caused this sudden change?” Jiyong asked as he hugged her back. “I thought you didn’t like public displays of attention.”

            “I just wanted to let you know how I feel before anything else happens,” Dara quietly replied, her voice muffled by Jiyong’s shoulder.

            “Hmm, if that’s the case,” Jiyong began. He released Dara from his hold and used his free hands to cup her face. “You won’t mind me doing this.”

            He kissed her. In front of everyone, and she didn’t mind (well, she sort of did). Oh well, she thought. Better to be embarrassed now than to regret something later on.

            As she kissed him back, Dara felt a huge weight lift off her shoulders. I’m sorry Chaerin, but after today, I realized that life is too short. We must enjoy it while it lasts.

                                                            :::::::

            Walking back to the inn, the six teens were exhausted.

            “Gosh, the dragon was out of whack,” Jiyong commented.

            Dara laughed, “Running out of words to describe the monsters we fight, aren’t you?”

            “Hey, you try describing them,” Jiyong smiled back.

            “Maybe immoderate would be the best way to describe them,” Dara considered.

            Jiyong scoffed playfully and reached out to hold her hand, “Nerd.”

            Bom smiled at the interaction and looked toward Youngbae to see his reaction. It was at that moment that she realized that Youngbae was lagging behind. Walking over to him, she touched his arm and asked if he was okay.

            Oh, , she thought when she realized that he was burning. I guess he was still using his fire powers when he shape-shifted into a dragon. Whispering harshly at him, Bom said, “Why didn’t you say anything?!”

            “Well, you can’t do anything about it, can you?” he breathed out. His lips were parched.

            Bom made a face at him. Then, calling out to the rest of the group, she said, “You guys go on ahead. I’m just going to cool Youngbae down.”

            Knowing the regular routine between the two, they nodded and continued ahead. Bom waited until they were out of sight before she guided Youngbae to a rock to sit on. She then walked off to the side and tried to think of something cold. But no matter how hard she tried, water still came out. Looking back at Youngbae, who was having trouble breathing, she started to panic.

            “Gosh, Youngbae. I’m so sorry,” Bom voiced out as she continued trying to make ice. “Here, have some water before you pass out.”

            The water evaporated as soon as it touched his lips. Bom cried out in frustration. “If only you didn’t kiss me! Gosh! This is all because you transferred hea—“

            Youngbae looked up, “Transferred what?”

            He became even more confused when Bom was looking back at him, not saying anything. Finally, she took a deep breath and sighed, “I can’t believe I doing this.”

            She put her hands to the sides of his jaw and brought his lips to hers. Youngbae, astonished, tried to pull back, “What the f—“

            Bom stuck her tongue in his mouth, exploring his mouth with immediacy, just like the way Youngbae explored hers. His mouth was already hot, and now it was getting hotter. She tried to make ice, but it still came out as water. Then, he started kissing her back. Oh. Her heart beat twice as fast. She pulled back and lightly slapped his arm, “No kissing me back.”

            Deciding to kneel down, she pulled his head down to hers and continued kissing him with zeal. It was only after she was becoming light-headed did she pull back.

            A confused Youngbae opened his mouth to say something, but at that moment, a burst of ice surrounded both of them. After the ice melted off of Youngbae, he went to work on unfreezing Bom. Afterwards, performing their usual ritual, the two switched necklaces and soon after switched necklaces again. Finally able to breathe easily, Youngbae took in a big breath before he asked Bom what happened.

            “Well, I just returned what was rightfully yours,” she said with a smile.

            Bom made a mini ice spear, the one that she wanted to make after Youngbae kissed her, and she threw it at his heart. Instinctively, Youngbae caught the spear and melted it with his hands. He replayed her words, “You mean fire was transferred into your body?”

            “That’s what I’m guessing. And I guess kissing you back transferred the heat back to you.”

            Youngbae didn’t know what to say. He was still shocked that she kissed him.

            Bom smiled broadly, “You have no idea how glad I am to be able to create ice again.”


BigBang_VIP: Hmm, I'll think more about it. lol, I'm really liking these poll things though :P Maybe I'll make another one~~