Chapter THREE: Must Heart Gaho

Sheila's Kwon

LOUNGING on the chair next to him, Jiyong looked at his Gaho and had to smile. It has gotten so big and loves to sit whenever they were in an air-conditioned room. It was still playful when he wanted to be but most of these days, it looked like Gaho was waiting for him to spring back into action. Other dog-loving friends said that one’s pet starts to resemble their master over time. Though they couldn't look alike because he was constantly changing the way he looked, he found that his mood affected his dear Gaho’s mood.

 

He decided that he would bring him on his trip because he didn't want to be alone. If he was plagued by any dire thoughts all he needed to think about was his family and Gaho. Right now they are the only ones who matter to him. Somehow he didn't want to think of the VIPs who were surely wondering where he was. He did check with their chief regarding the official statement that YG would be releasing. He may be a lot of things but he was Kwon Leader first and foremost. What happened doesn't take president to what he professionally must do. His brothers are all also given the same information. But Taeyang knows. He was sure Sandara knew what was the real reason for the news blackout. T.O.P. had his suspicions and had demanded that Jiyong fess up about where he was going.

 

'I know I am in the middle of a possible war zone. But I have a feeling that you are in a more dangerous situation. Let me comfort you too like you always do me. Tell me at least where you are going.' he felt guilty when he saw that KaoKaoTalk message and had felt the obligation of trying to make Seung Hyun understand.

 

'It's somewhere none of us have been to. But I will be ok. My mom recommended the place. She's been here once or twice.' there was no way he would tell anyone where he was. He was sure as the hyung Seung Hyun would demand their dongsaengs to make sure he came back to YG after his break. Not a good scenario given the consequences. He would have to reveal why he might consider extending his vacation.

 

Gaho got down from the chair it was on and walked towards his feet. He touched Gaho's head lovingly and Gaho got on his lap. He groaned because it was so heavy yet still acted like it was the tiny puppy that it was before. He hugged the great big lump and felt tears come to his eyes without meaning to be emotional. He let them go because no one was there to see them. He didn't want his mother to see him crying, he didn't want his sister to see it nor his friends and co-workers. He would have to explain to his sister, who was extremely close to Dara what happened. He didn't want his mother to worry about who he would date next. And he didn't want the other Big Bang members to choose sides between him and Yongbae. Yongbae...my best chingu...He held Gaho closer. Gaho struggled so he loosened his hold on it. Gaho saw his tears and as if understanding it tried to his cheeks. That made him laugh a short laugh of pure innocent pleasure. At least there is one loyal friend in my life whose loyalty I would never question.

"Gaho-ya. You would never leave me alone, right? When you grow older, you'll have puppies for me to love right? That way we would be together for the rest of our lives, right?" he chuckled at how pathetic he sounded. "Ah..." he massaged his chest where he physically hurt every time sad thoughts passed his mind.

There was a knock on the door that made him look up. He slowly stood up and Gaho went to the balcony. It was safe for it to be there since it would not be able to jump off or fit in the intricate grills there. He looked at the peephole and saw Sheila-ssi. He practiced a smile before he opened the door. No reason to be rude while he was here. He still needed to manage his image after all.

"Anyong ha seyo." he bowed a little bit to greet her. He noticed the breakfast set that she was carrying. "Is that for me?" he was not hungry but it was part of the retreat's package. Meals could be pre-chosen in order for the guests to not have to worry about what to have.

Sheila bowed in response. She was blushing a bit and looked like she was looking for what to say. "Come in." he invited her inside instead of letting her be embarrassed in the hallway.

"Do you want to have it here or in the balcony?" she asked shyly.

"Where do you think would it be best?" he tried to smile at her again. He gave her a sly teasing smile this time.

"I-it's mo-more re-freshing outside...the view is g-great." she answered, her blush brighter this time.

"Thank you for the suggestion. Please set it down there." he gestured for her to go to the balcony. She started to walk towards it when he remembered Gaho. "Cha-ka-man!"

Gaho barked at her when it saw her. She set down the try on the table without even loosing her grip then walked towards the barking Gaho. "Gaho-ssi, I am Sheila. Nice to meet you." she offered him a dog cookie with a closed-mouth smile. So she knew how to approach dogs, huh. Gaho sniffed the cookie then looked away. She placed it on the ground, not even afraid to expose her neck to a dog. Reckless or just stupid, this one. "Here you go." She placed two more and got up. She looked at him with a smile so bright and unprecedented that he was taken aback by it. "I'm sorry if it's taking me to serve your breakfast. But I heard you brought your dog so I figured he would like the cookies that my Taiga likes."

"Who's Taiga?" he almost stuttered, still reeling from her bright smile.

"She's my pug." it wasn't possible but her smile got brighter, her eyes twinkled when talking about her dog. He felt a tightening in his chest. This time it was not the kind that was caused by pain but by a kindred kind of love. It was a feeling he gets when talking about Gaho to other people.

"They're amazing aren't they?" he took the cookies from the floored tile and gave one to Gaho. This time Gaho took it willingly. "They are loyal and very loving. Though they grow up to be so big so soon and there is not enough time for them to be small and cute."

That was when he heard it, the clearest laughter he has ever heard in his life. Sheila laughed openly. It was neither vulgar nor was too restrained. There was a melody in her laugh that made his chest swell with more of the feelings he had before. This is because of Gaho too, right?

"I say the same about my Taiga. She's moody now. She'll all grown up. But there are still days when she is very chummy. She gets along with most dogs and my cat, Luna. She's a black cat." she looked up dreamily. "I wonder how they are doing now?"

"You don't have them here?" he had to ask. A dog and cat lover in one person? Must be an I love all animals kind of person.Unusual. It's usually one or the other.

She nodded then looked shy again. "Sorry, I forgot to serve your breakfast. You have to eat it while it's still hot." She started taking the bowls and plates off the try and placed them on the ceramic table. "You chose chocolate porridge and milk, right? I would have suggested salted fish but that might be too much too soon so I just added some fried anchovies for you. They go together well." she rambled on. She placed the small pitcher of water and the flipped the empty glass to pour water.

"That's fine. I can manage from here." He got up and sat on the chair. He gestured to the empty chair beside him. "Do you mind if I ask you to join me?"

She shook her head and bowed. "Sorry but I have to take care of the other guests' breakfasts. We have a group of old ladies staying with us and they want their breakfast hot and early. I'll go ahead." she turned to Gaho and waved. "See you later, Gaho!"

"Sheila-ssi." he saw him stiffen as she stopped on her tracks.

"De?" she turned around that made her apron swished.

He titled his head, the way he always does when he makes an aegyo request. "Could you bring something for Gaho later and with my breakfast next time? He's an Alpo kid. Roastbeef, like I mentioned in my request list."

She blushed when she realized she forgot something. She took out something from her apron pocket and wrote down his request. "Sumimasen! I'll ask someone to bring it back at once."

"It's okay if you are delayed. I just want you to be the one to bring it back." Another fake smile for a possible fan.

She bowed. "I'll bring it back as soon as I can."

He chuckled. "You don't have to bow every time you know. You are making me feel old."

She straightened and smiled shyly. "De, Kwon-ssi."

"No need to be too formal too." he again. "How old are you anyway?"

"I'm twenty-two." she answered.

"Your age is close to mine. We can talk like friends then, right?" he tried to make his smile reach his eyes but to no avail.

"I guess so." she looked pensive as if she wanted to tell him something. "Can...what should I call you then?"

"You can call me Joon." he didn't want to tell her his real name. He placed Joon Kwon as his English name. If she wasn't a Big Bang fan she wouldn't know he was Ji Yong Kwon. Joon was a safe enough name. They used it as his code name when they were out.

"Joon?" she looked surprised. "You look a lot like someone I've seen on television. I guess I was wrong." she scratched her head with a finger and then shook her head. "I guess I just think of him too often." she laughed.

"I hope you don't mean Jiyong Kwon?" he asked hoping she wouldn't say yes.

"De." Darn it, I've been found out.

"He's my hyung. We kinda look alike so I try to copy his image. But some of his style are a little out there. We are pretty much the same age. I also like music. But I am in a band not in an idol group. He gave me Gaho Jr here." Lie, lie some more, Jiyong-pabo.

"So desu ka." he noticed she knew foreign languages; Japanese, Korean and of course English which she used a lot when talking to him.

"Are you a language major?" he had to ask. "You speak Nihonggo, Korean and English."

She blushed more, "No, it's from liking anime and kdramas so much. I don't really know a whole lot just a few words and phrases."

"I see. But your English is amazing. I wonder if we could talk more so I can practice mine." He knew his English was very good but talking to her made him feel less lonesome for some reason.

"Your English is flawless. I was actually worried about it in the beginning. I don't have someone who can interpret for me so I thought I would have to use body language most of the time. Or my phone's Korean translator app." she smiled again this time. Less shy but still exceptionally bright.

"You flatter me too much." he scratched his head and looked at her again.

She had her pensive look again then slowly said. "That is the first real smile you gave me today." She bowed then started to leave after saying. "Have a great breakfast. I'll come back with Gaho's meal as soon as I can."

She walked away and he was left with his hand in mid-air wondering how someone he just met less than twenty-four hours ago could read him so well. He placed his hand on his chest and wondered what this tightening meant this time.

 

 

++++ 

This is where you can find Pinaywriter's Filipino novels. *click on the picture*

 

http://tagalogonlinepocketbook.com/read/feature/genre/fanfic/sheilas-kwon