Chapter EIGHT : Jiyong's First Promise

Sheila's Kwon

 

 

SUNLIGHT hit her face and she felt it before she even saw it go through the window. She covered her eyes with one hand and wondered what time it was. She saw the delicate window treatment get hit by the bright light and knew why her mom chose the sheer material. It looked like soft angel wings too bright to look at and made her smile. She had a wonderful dream last night. She was being kissed by the man she has admired since 2008 and until just a few days ago realized she could really love in real life. She giggled at the memory of the all too real kiss and his words, "Until you." It was beyond fan fiction, it was beyond her best fantasy. She could still feel his arms around her waist and his warmth. She closed her eyes again and wanted to go back to her dream. If she could only dream forever, she would be content.

 That was when she felt someone move behind her. More precisely, someone pull her towards that someone. Lanky yet strong arms pulled her back that she opened her eyes and screamed, or tried to. "Sheila." shut her up, a voice filled with both sleepiness and hoarse for some other reason she can't quite understand. "Don't move. I'm too awake for you to wake me up some more." there was humor in his voice, a naughtiness she has heard all too often. I am still dreaming. She moved to face towards the voice. All that time not being freed by the arms that were around her waist. She realized that her head was pillowed on that person's arms. "Aww...my arm fell asleep." he chuckled when he moved it away and pulled her with it towards him.

 Breathe to breathe now, she felt like she was holding in hers. His eyes were holding her and she felt like she had Stockholm syndrome. Loving every moment of being captured. "Ji-yong...op...pa."

 "De?" his eyes were smiling at her. She was sure it was all a dream. His free hand caressed her face then suddenly pinched her check. "Just to make sure you know that it's not a dream." then he moved her to him, no longer breathe to breathe but once again lips to lips. Her eyes were wide for a moment but once that kiss drew her in, she closed them again and was swept away by the emotions he awakened in her.

"HYUNG!" the voice was not the one he thought he would hear in the middle of a kiss. It was there again, breaking through the whirpool of emotions that was sweeping him and Sheila. "Jiyong hyung!" piercing, irritating voice. Seungri. He suddenly recognized the voice and remember the email from last night that he sent. Three knocks followed the call that he heard then again, "This is Seungri, hyung! Rise and shine!" again with incessant knocking.

 Sheila's back straightened but he didn't let her go. "Shhh...it's fine." he wanted to wipe the worry from his face. "I'll take care of him." More likely murder him for his excellent timing is more like it. He sighed and thanked the heavens he was not yet fully aroused or he wouldn't know what to say to Seungri let alone his Sheila. His Sheila. The words flowed from his mind and he didn't feel like it was either unnatural or unfamiliar.

 "I'm coming!" he called out and pulled the shirt that he had hanging near his bed. Nothing happened that required clothing optional last night. They had fallen asleep and had not gone beyond kissing each other senseless, talking about how beautiful the night was and their childhood. He had not had that kind of conversation in a long time. He shared with Sheila things that no ordinary fangirl would know about the struggle that he and Yongbae went through to get to where they were now. They talked even of Sandara and how he wanted to have her in his life. She asked him questions like a close friend. She didn't give off a hint, not even an ounce of jealousy. She was hungry for his kisses and for his memories. She wanted to know as much as she could tell him as well. She had a relatively simple life, drama free and had been relatively well-off because of the businesses her family had. She had a hard time with making friends though and had shared horror stories of people just wanting to be friends with her because of her family. They found out that they had that in common, making new friends were harder now that he had fame and she had her family's wealth increasing. He told her about how he made songs. She told him about Happy7Days. He had wanted more nights of those conversations. But this morning proved that happy moments are often shorter than one could ever wish for.

 "Hyung!" Seungri all but leaped into his arms. Jiyong held him close. He saw Daesung and Yongbae was behind the weeping Seungri.

 "I was gone a few days and you are already like this?" he laughed when Seungri's embrace became tighter. "You told him didn't you?" He directed it to Yongbae. "How I was stupid enough to think that it was you and Dara who got caught by that fake fancam?"

 Yongbae nodded and smiled. "Yeah. But someone is here to tell you something." Daesung and Yongbae moved away as if on que.

 "Sandara..." he couldn't walk forward. She walked towards him instead. "How are you?"

 "I'm doing good." she smiled wider when she saw something from behind him. "You seem to be doing better than I thought you would." she gave him an accusatory lift of an eyebrow.

 He turned around saw that Sheila was trying to go out of his room. He smiled at her to calm her down. She looked like she was about to jump of her skin but she was on tiptoes. "Ne sarang. Come meet my friends."

 He heard the collective gasping. He scratched the back of his head and reached out his hand to hold Sheila's hand. He put his arm around her waist and faced Sandara and the boys. "This is Sheila, they own the retreat."

 "Who is she...to you?" it was Dara who asked. Tears in the corner of her eyes. Yongbae quietly stood next to her. Reflex made Yongbae hold on to her shoulder.

 "She's with me." was all that he could say for sure. "I love her." was all that he could say to Dara that would not hurt as badly as the other things he possibly could.

 Dara burried her face in Yongbae's chest. The latter embraced him. Sheila pulled away from him. She did it too quickly that he was not able to stop her. "It's not what you think." He felt his back straightened at that sentence.

 "Then what is it?" Seungri asked her. Shielding the crying Dara from Sheila and him.

BROKEN, her Appler heart was broken. She broke DARAGON. She broke Sandara's heart. She made her cry. She was a home-wrecking fangirl. In a single night, she broke something that took years in the making. That she supported, believed in and fought other fans for.

 "Seungri..." he wanted to stop their maknae from trying to verbally attack Sheila. Seungri was the most loyal person he knew. And he has been close to him and Dara these past few years and Jiyong knew that Seungri would fight for Dara to the bitter end.

 "Stay out of this, hyung. You were probably bewitched by this girl. It wouldn't be the first time. You think that it was you that's been cleaning up after me? I have been shielding you from fangirls like this. Charming them, distracting them from trying to get their hands on you. One Big Bang was much like the next one to them. I hugged, kissed and had put myself within their reach to prevent them from coming to attack you and the other hyungs. Fan service is my skill. At some cases, I was the clean-up crew too. If President Yang knew this fangirl got to you to the point that you would leave Dara noona, he would be disappointed in you...and in me." it was a different Seungri that he was seeing. Not the maknae but the big brother that he really was for most of his life. Ready to protect, ready to attack and defend all that he held dear.

 Sheila faced him. Suddenly there was steel in his beloved's gaze. She stood straighter and faced Seungri squarely. "I am not afraid of you, Seung Hyun." she used Seungri's real name. Her voice lost her sweet tone. She raised her chin and smiled at him, a smile that was neither evil nor was it condescending. It was full of understanding and confidence. "I didn't seduce anyone. I am not trying to keep anyone here. He is free to leave. He is free to go back to the one who he loves. I am not a witch, nor would I want to keep anyone under any spell you might think I am capable of doing. All I wanted was to see him smile again. And I have. I didn't make him love me. Though that doesn't mean I don't love him. I loved him as my bias for many years. I love him now as he is." She wiped a rouge tear. "You may never believe it because you may never experience a love that can turn your world from fantasy to reality to a surreal version of both happening at the same time. But I have."

HER heart was bursting in both pain and the growing knowledge that it was over, her dream. I have to let him go. He doesn't belong here."You need to go home. I am." she walked past Seungri, Daesung and the embracing Dara and Yongbae.

 She didn't want to but she stopped on her tracks when she heard him call for her. "Sheila! Ne sarang!" she closed her eyes and pressed both hands on her chest wishing that was enough to make the pain stop. It wasn't. He caught up with her and had her in an embrace now all too familiar. "Please...don't let me go...too." he begged. She took a deep breath. One last sniff of him and I'll be good. She knew she was lying to herself but she struggled free from his embrace.

 "I am not your beloved. I am not Dara, or did you get that wrong too?" she tried to sound angry. To make him feel guilt that he was holding her and not the one he said was the love of his life. "Are you so afraid of being alone, of failing that you could not wait for her to tell you that you made a mistake and that she is going to give a chance to make up for it." she punched him in the chest. "You are a selfish, lazy and inconsiderate fool if you think that I would fall for the shell of a man that you actually are." she wiped the tear that slipped past her guard. "Don't worry, I won't tell your fans who Jiyong really is." She looked at Seungri then said. "I'm still G-Dragon's fan. That won't change." then faced Jiyong, pain in his beautiful face, "But this...vacation from reality is over. Wake up, Kwon-ssi and go back home."

 She turned around and made an effort to walk normally. If she ran, he would run after her. If she staggered or lost her composure, he would be tempted to help her up. She needed to be fine for him to be fine. It was her Appler's oath. He would leave her someday, today was just as good as tomorrow. Liar. She repremended the voice in her mind, the one who always wanted to speak for logic. She knew that he didn't belong in her world. He was on vacation after all.

V.I.P.s Guess who's back? Jiyong smiled at the picture that Seungri posted on his Twitter and IG. A similar picture was placed on Taeyang's twitter and IG. Daesung was smiling when he took a picture where Yongbae and GD was in a broembrace. Seungri insisted that he got a similar picture. Dara ended up taking a picture of all four of them their backs to the wonderful cliff view of the retreat. Sheila had been nowhere to be found when he said his goodbyes to the grannie club. He introduced the boys as his bandmates and he didn't clarify when they thought that they were some kind of band that played instruments. He didn't have enough energy to tell them that they were an idol group. He added them on his IG and they had been surprised at how beautiful Sandara had become. They knew her of course from the times she was still an actress in the Philippines. They had insisted on getting a picture with her. He obliged them and he posted a picture with them on his IG.

Love you, Lolas. #morefuninthephilippines He had more pictures that he kept on his phone and he didn't want to post a single one of those. They were taken last night.

 "Penny for your thoughts?" Dara was sitting next to him. He smiled at her and realized that the things that she told him on the drive to the airport made him a free man, trapped in yet another love that I had to leave behind.

 "I miss her." she had made him promise to stay friends with him. She had her hands entwinned with the man she now wanted to be with. Whom she realized had matched the love that she could give, beat per beat if not more.

 Yongbae squeezed her hand and took it to his lips. "Stop it. I might get nauseated." he teased. He didn't know that he would ever feel ok to see something like that happen. Right in front of him.

 "Imagine how I felt when you used to hold her ear in front of me." Dara elbowed Yongbae to silence him. "Awwww..." Dara smiled at him and he pouted. She gave him a quick kiss.

 He made a gagging sound then laughed. "If you keep making me miss my sarang I would jump off from this plane. Switch places with Seungri and Daesung. Pali, ka!" the couple ended up moving to the seats that Daesung and Seungri occupied.

 "Why did you made them move?" Daesung was in the middle. Seungri drew the short stick and got to sit next to the aisle.

 "They were too dazzling." he chuckled and Seungri sighed. "What's wrong, my dear dongsaeng? Wanna switch with me?" he asked. Seungri shook his head no. "Then why the long sigh?"

 "I don't know how to live in a world where Yongbae has a girlfriend and I don't." Daesung laughed outloud at Seungri's honest to goodness dilemma.

 "I am serious! He's the guy who can't talk to any girl without messing it up. How come he has Dara noona of all women in his arms being all lovey-dovey!" Seungri messed up his hair in frustration.

 "Because he was true to himself." Daesung's wisdom shone through on his statement. "He didn't show just his best side. He was himself at all times in front of her. And she accepted him for who he was. She was not happy with him all the time. They did clash once in a while. But he was able to grow on her." He faced Seungri. "You think of relationship as a game or an audition. You just want to dazzle the girl. But that means you never stop dancing like a chimp, performing on your highest level. And no one can handle that kind of pressure for a long time. Something is bound to give." then he faced Jiyong. "You are a taker. And forgot how to give back." short but lethal those words. "I am sure if you two both went to church more often, talk to a pastor once in a while and learned more about being true and sacrifices more, you'd know where you made a boo-boo. Now if you don't mind, I want to sleep before we get to Incheon." Daesung put on his headset and leaned back. Jiyong and Seungri looked at each other and grinned. They pulled on Daesung's headset and let it retract.

 The plane was filled with their once lost youthful laughter.

I'M BACK. He looked at the setting sun, the view at the airport vip area let him see the sun set. There would be a large number of VIPs waiting outside. They had decided to walk through the area and have the fans take pictures of them, an unprecedented moment. There would be no interviews and they would be whisked away at a vip exit later on. He just wanted to let the people see that things were okay between him and his brothers. Yongbae and Sandara said they would brave it if he could. President Yang gave them a go signal to do interviews about it later. But Yongbae holding Dara's hand in public was a big enough bomb to shock this side of the Korean peninsula.

++++ 

LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK! UPVOTE AND COMMENT PLEASE!

This is where you can find Pinaywriter's Filipino novels. *click on the picture*

 

http://tagalogonlinepocketbook.com/read/feature/genre/fanfic/sheilas-kwon