Chapter ONE : WWVD

Sheila's Kwon

 

allkpopfever

News of Jiyong Kwon leaving YG has been on the kpop rumor mill ever since reports of Kwon Leader having a fall out with 2ne1 ladylove Sandara Park circulated. Reasons for the DARAGON split is what is plaguing VIPs both local and global. The rumors of a third party has been accounted to the least likely person, long-time friend and co-Big Bang member, Yongbae Dong. Fancams of Dara and Taeyang coming out of Cafe Yumi, an underground cafe popular in Japan that has opened their first branch in Seoul, has been circulating the net. The FOOD PHOTOGRAPHY ONLY policy of Cafe Yumi made it a haven for local and international celebrities. But coming out together from the cafe has caused a scandal or two. Dara has explained that she was there to talk to her dongsaeng in private and nothing else. Jiyong has been known to go to Cafe Yumi in Japan and was instrumental in getting the branch in Seoul put together. It was assumed that the reason why Dara and Yongbae frequented the place was because of their mutual support to the Big Bang leader. Applers hearts were broken over a fancam of Dara coming out of the cafe with Yongbae following her out and shots of them hugging were documented. Rumors of a love triangle buzzed as Jiyong's world tour did not include a "attending noona" unlike the last Big Bang Tour. Taeyang was frequently questioned because of IG and Twitter posts that included him with Dara and other people. To this he said he was just updating his brother of things happening in Korea.

Jiyong reportedly took a sabbatical to get his mind cleared. Activities for the leader of the most successful five-some to date have been cancelled. YG claims that this was just a routine vacation that the members deserved after a major event, in this case it was Jiyong's world tour. The other members were slated to do their solo activities while Jiyong is on vacation and Seung Hyun is in the military. Daesung has taken on a new soap and Seungri was preparing for his own concert. Taeyang is slated to release an album soon.

But to date no one, not YG, not the Netizens, not the previously active YG and Twitter account of Kwon leader could show where he has chosen to take this so-called vacation.

 

Sheila looked at the update from allkpopfever like it was news that North Korea actually bombed South Korea. It was bad enough she heard that MBLAQ's concert was cancelled due to some technical problems, but now this. She was floored. News of this caliber broke bands. She didn't care if they were forced apart by ambition or their labels, she hated disbandings to the core. She didn't mind the other ones but this was Big Bang.

In her opinion her life was divided into B.B. and A.B. Before Big Bang and After Big Bang became a part of her life. She had learned Korean, loved Korea and ate Kimchi ever since. She had been taken in by Jiyong's agyeo and his swag. Then his out of this world fashion sense hooked her. She had gone to that concert in SM MOA where she almost missed the beginning because the crowd and schedule control of the stupid company that produced the concert were abysmal. Hundreds of VIPs ragged because of missing the part where Big Bang emerged form their capsules. She didn't miss it. She had her light stick and was there spazzing from start to finish. She had gotten the best seat she could afford and brought a mini-stand for her camera and clicked record. Her battery could handle it and she placed a clean high memory on her camera. She was not going to take any pictures. She brought three concealed cameras, one was for the before the concert, one was for during and the last one was back up in case one ran out of space. She had a bag of merch at her feet that she tied to her leg for safekeeping. Her fanvidoes would get thousands of hits, others she kept for her own spazzing.

For her Kwon Leader was it. She was not the fair-weathered kind of VIP. She was there from the time they debuted and through the time he had a scandal that almost threatened his career. Big Bang without him was unthinkable. It was an unparalleled disaster! She prayed to the KPOP Muses that they not let something like that happen. And this was the worst time for her to go somewhere where she could not be a click way from learning about what was up with her beloved bias.

"Why, why did my mom have to ask me to man the retreat now?" she banged on her wheel. She was not a business manager. It baffled her that she was the one her mom asked to cater to the needs of their latest client.

"You will know once you get here. So just go there. Now." Sarah P did not use exclamation points on her sms' but Sheila knew that her mom's Now. was more than enough to whip even her brother into shape.

"I don't care if that new client is royalty. If I don't get a decent internet signal over there, I AM LEAVING." She got a call right there and then. She pressed the speaker option when she saw it was Sammie. Sammie was her manager for Happy7Days, their joint project cafe. Sammie was a barista by day and writer by night. Trusted friend and co-kerfag (they called each other that because of their extreme love for all KPOP), they fell in mutual obsession with Big Bang. She became fast friends with Sammie when the latter rapped in Korean in front of a class. They were asked to say something about themselves that they thought other people would not know about them just by looking. Sammie's ghetto English and her reggae outfit with her Bob Marley sling bag and bohemian dress misdirected them in her choice of music genre.

"Hey there Faithful Leader lover!" Sammie's voice blared from Sheila's S3. Loving Kwon Leader eased the NBSBness of her heart. Sammie was in lust with Seung Hyun Choi. But now she was going to a retreat and have to gather all her happy thoughts because it was likely she would be with some weirdo artist with weird quirks like the one who would not talk to women and the ones who barely bathe.

"Hey Mrs. Choi! How's the store?" she had to ask.

"I burned it down trying to bake a cookie." Sammie could not cook for the life of her. She didn't even know the difference between a spatula and a spoon.

"Sammie!" one day a guy would inspire her friend to make Sanchai - Dao Ming cookies and she hoped that Sammie would not make them in the kitchen of Happy7Days.

"Just kidding. I wouldn't know flour from baking powder." Sammie would not call if it was not important. "I have breaking news." her friend made drum roll noises. "His Royal Leader is rumored to be in the Philippines!"

Sheila snorted. "Oh please, he would not go here. This is Dara's turf. She gets the Philippines in the divorce. All netizens know this. Whoever wrote this was just doing wishful thinking."

"Jiyong updated his IG with a sunset." Sammie said mysteriously. "And it looks fraking familiar."

"All sunsets are sunsets. It's pretty hard to figure out where it is just by looking at it." she was irked by the useless report.

"I just know I have seen that sunset somewhere. You would know it when you see it." was what Sammie said.

"Well, I can't because my signal is sooo bad here it would take me a month loading that picture." she sighed. She would love to live in a country or century when the internet was hyperspeed.

"I can send it to you." Sammie said hopeful still that she'd know where that place was.

"Don't bother. I am sure it's some secluded place where no one would be able to find him." she parked the car in front of the retreat and bid her friend goodbye.

She got off the car and wished her parents had chosen to build a retreat in Baguio or somewhere closer to Kimchi people traffic. The old politician's home on top of a hill near the sea was not her style at all. She felt like she was a stranded motorist in a storm that chanced up on a haunted mansion. Her dad chose to buy and restore the summer home into a retreat during one of his moods. Her father the engineer and her mother the hotel heiress were a match made in real estate heaven. The two were hopeful her stint in Happy7Days as a pastry chef would lead to her running the hotels in the future. But she was going to leave that to her brother. Her passion was sweets and not hotels.

She loved her family but she was hopeful that her family are not around when she spazzes out over Kpop. They had blamed her love for kpop for her being single. It was just her luck that her brother's wife just gave birth. They would be too distracted with Jyong (she had a hand with naming the kid) to ask her why she was still single in her late twenties.

It was not by choice. It just so happened that the man she wanted to marry was all the way in Korea. But if the rumors were to be believed, he had fallen from the face of the earth and no one, not a single VIP knew where that sunset was located.

She pushed the large narra door and saw someone sipping from a china cup in the receiving area of the retreat.

"An yong ha seyo." her guest was not only a Korean but HER Korean.

 

 

++++ 

This is where you can find Pinaywriter's Filipino novels. *click on the picture*

 

http://tagalogonlinepocketbook.com/read/feature/genre/fanfic/sheilas-kwon

LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK! UPVOTE AND COMMENT PLEASE!