BestFriend 003

I Fell In-Love with my BESTFRIEND

 

 

“Hey Amby, what do you think about my scarf?” Hyun Ah asked Amber’s opinion. Key suddenly popped behind her.

“Why are you asking Amber… I’m the one expert on the things like that… and It’s not yet winter, why are you already wearing a scarf.”

“Aishhh…” She hissed at Key and walk away from them.

“Why are you like that, she’s your cousin.”

“Whatever!” Key said and moved his chair near to hers.

Jonghyun rushed to them and sat on Amber’s table. “Yo, have you heard the news? There is a transfer student from California.”

“So?”

“And… I’m sure you gonna like her…” Jonghyun said directly to Key.

“How can you be sure that he will like her?” Amber asked.

“She’s pretty. I saw her this morning at the faculty… Wae, are you jealous?” Jonghyun .

“Amber? Jealous? No way.” Key said.

“Yeah… How can I be jealous? We’re buddies.”

They we’re busy chatting when Mr. Park entered the classroom with a new student next to him. Jonghyun excuses himself and go to his class. Key moved his chair back to its position turned to listen to their position, while Amber, she’s not in the mood so she’s just looking outside the window.

“Class you have a new classmate. Ms. Jung, please introduce yourself.” Mr. Park said to the new student.

“Uhm… Hello everyone, my name is Nicole Jung, please treat me well.” The girl said to the class.

“Whoah… Jjong is telling the truth…” Key said as his eyes fixed on the new student.

“Wae?” Amber asked.

“She’s pretty.” Key whispered.

“Okay.” The only word that came out from as she was busy thinking of something.

+++mybestfriend+++

Aishhh… What’s happening to me? Why I’m so nervous? Why I’m afraid to look at the new girl? Why I’m so disappointed when Key said that she’s pretty. If Key said so, then the girl really is, pretty. Ani… I’m not jealous right? I’m not jealous. I’m only like this because he’s my bestfriend. Just that.

“Okay, you may take your seat next to Mr. Kim.”

“Thank you Sir. But, who’s Mr. Kim.”

“Here!”

Oh shoot… Why next to Key. I feel like my world goes upside down. This feeling is so strange.

“Hey, Amber right?” Huh? Somebody said my name. I looked at her. She seems familiar.

“Nae?” I looked at her like ‘how do you know my name’. Did I meet her before? Key and Jjong is right, she’s pretty. Ottokhae. I thought I will never feel that what they called ‘Insecurities’ but that’s what I exactly feel right now.

“It’s me Nicole. We already met, at the coffee shop, remember?” oh right, that girl.

“Ahh, right.”

“Ms. Liu, pay attention on what I was discussing, you still have a chance to get to know her later. Okay?”

“Sorry Sir.”

I looked at Key who is sitting between me and Nicole. He seems like he want to say something. I gave him a ‘What’ look. He wrote something on his notebook and passed it to me.

‘Why you didn’t tell me that you knew her? You need to introduce me to her okay?’

+++mybestfriend+++

“Cole, over here.” Key shouted. Three weeks already had pass since they meet Nicole. Nicole already became friend with the crew. They we’re eating their lunch at the cafeteria and planning on how they spent their week end.

“What we have here?” Nicole asked to them.

“We’re planning for a sleep over at my house, tomorrow.” Luna answered.

“That sounds interesting.”

“So, are you in?” Key seeks for assurance.

“Of course.”

“Someone’s blushing right now.” Jonghyun teased Key. Amber just silently watched them.

“Shut up!”

“Unnie, you’re so silent. Is there something bothering you?” Luna asked her. She was silent since she got there, and seems like nobody noticed her presence.

“Uh-uhm. Ani… I’m fine. Just a little bit lost in thought.” She said to them.

“Are you sure? I’ll take you home if you’re not feeling well.” Key said in concern.

“Seriously. I’m fine. I guess I’m just tired. Don’t worry about me.”

+++mybestfriend+++

“Hey, Amber.” Nicole was running towards Amber that afternoon. Amber was already at the gate. Key was not able to send her home because he promised to meet his sister after school.

“Unnie. What’s up?”

“Let’s walk home together.”

Amber just smile and nodded at her. She was silent along the way and just listening to Nicole.

“So, do you like him?”

“Huh? Who?”

“Key. You guys we’re so closed. I thought you like each other.”

“He’s my bestfriend…” Amber said silently.

“Just bestfriend?”

“Yeah…”

“So, you’re not going to be mad at me if I like him?” Nicole’s sentence startled Amber.

“M-mwo?” She tried to clarify if she heard it right.

“I like Key.” Nicole said shyly while blushing. Amber feels like her heart are going to explode that time. They just bestfriend but she’s still not ready to face this kind of situation, she didn’t prepared for this moment. She never thought that she will feel like this when somebody will like her bestfriend.

“Yah, Amber.”

“Huh?”

“What do you think? Will Key like me back?”

“Y-you’re pretty. Why he would not?” As she said that, Nicole pulled her into an embrace.

“Oh thank you Amby.”

+++mybestfriend+++

Ottokhae? I want to sleep but I can’t sleep because I keep on thinking on what Nicole said. She likes him. She freaking likes my bestfriend. Why am I like this, I should be happy because someone like my bestfriend. I should be happy for him.

“Aishhh… What’s happening to me?”

+++mybestfriend+++

To be continued...

 

Chapter four coming up next...