2 ★

Constant as the stars above

 

Closing my eyes, I took deep breaths to clear my mind before taking another look at the man. Seeing him sent me into a whirlwind of confusion which made my knees go weak but upon getting a better look of this man who was standing a few feet away, I snapped back into reality, realizing that this man wasn’t Kris. I actually think that I was already starting to lose my mind and order to be sane again; I had to stop searching for Kris. Well, At least I had to stop for the mean time and enjoy my stay here.  Slightly bowing, I apologized to the man for my innocent mistake and followed Mrs. Song who led us to the back door which directly leads to the beach behind the orphanage.

“I see that you still haven’t forgotten about that boy” Said Mrs. Song who was walking right beside me and smiling back at her, I didn’t dare say another word since I’ve decided to make this trip “Kris free”. Mrs. Song brought us to a nipa hut where Kris and I used to spend out nights, watching the stars in the night sky since the hut didn’t have a roof but they seemed to have fixed that problem now.

“Oh Shizz” I thought, mentally facepalming myself “I thought about him again.”

Walking inside the hut, I took a seat on one of its benches and directed my attention towards the body of water behind it. A few minutes after we’ve arrived, the same man whom we bumped into at the kitchen came rushing towards us.

“Mrs. Song . . .” The man paused, trying to catch his breath. “He’s here.”

Immediately gussying up, Mrs. Song stood up from her seat and bid us goodbye.

“Girls, I just have some business to take care of. I’ll be back in a few.” She said and brisk walked towards the house.

“Well . . . She’s in a rush. Who came? Was it the president?” Yoona teased, making me laugh out of the blue but I can’t help but wonder. “Who could that man be?”

Yoona and I had been talking for about an hour now as we waited for Mrs. Song’s return and I secretly hoped that she would come back with the mystery man to relieve me of my curiosity. Getting bored, We decided to take a dip in the water but as we were about to leave the hut, we caught sight of Mrs. Song on her way to approach us but sadly, the mystery man was nowhere in sight.

“I’m sorry if I took so long” said Mrs. Song, wiping drops of sweat on her forehead.

“So . . .” Yoona and I asked simultaneously which made Mrs. Song sigh.

“I already know what you girls want to ask and the answer is yes. The man’s still here and he’s at the mansion.”

Yoona and I chuckled and headed out of the hut. Stepping into the clear water, I gasped in awe upon seeing a school of fish circling my body. “This is amazing” I said, pointing at the fishes which made Mrs. Song chuckle. “You still haven’t changed.” She said.

After spending a few hours enjoying ourselves at the beach, we headed back to the house and followed Mrs. Song as she led us towards our room. “All of the toiletries are in the closet. Towels, Shampoos, everything but if you need anything, my room’s just across the hall.” Before shutting the door, Mrs. Song smiled at us and added

“Good night girls.”

The bedroom wasn’t really spacious but what did I expect? In a place like this, there was no such thing as personal space. Literally. It was a good thing that I was used to living in an environment like this but I slightly felt bad for Yoona. Before going to bed, I took a quick shower which wasn’t really meant to be quick because I liked singing while I bathe. The water was just too cold for me to bear, making me want to cover myself with anything in reach right away. Preparing to go to sleep, I sat on my bed, combing my mermaid hair as I hummed my lullaby. My voice was the only thing I could hear in the room since Yoona was already knocked out on her bed, exhausted from this long day. Everything was silent until I heard that melody. It sounded like it came from a music box which was placed directly adjacent to the wall beside my bed. Leaning my ear against the wall, I wasn’t mistaken. The music box was playing the same melody that I was humming. It was playing the melody of my lullaby which made me stand up on my feet, leaving our room to see who was staying at the room next door.

Knocking at the door, I impatiently tapped my foot on the hardwood floor, eager to see the person who owned this music box. As far as I knew, this lullaby was composed by Kris only for me which meant that it was our own little secret.

Nobody knew about it but us.

The noise of my knocking seemed to have awoken a few other people in the house and one of them was Mrs. Song who quickly approached me, pulling me away from the door and brought me back to my room.

“YURI! DON’T YOU EVER DO THAT AGAIN.” She said, her voice slightly higher than usual which indicated that she was furious. “You can disturb anybody in the house . . . ANYBODY . . . except that man. Do you understand?”

I nodded and watched her tug on her hair as she left the room, with a certain question in my head

“Who could that man be?” 

----

i AM SERIOUSLY IN LOVE WITH THIS MELODY <3 LISTEN HERE YES GUYS, I'M A 16 YEAR OLD WHO STILL LOVES BARBIE ♥ ANYWAYS, ENJOY