1 ★

Constant as the stars above

 

This trip led me back to Busan; the place where everything started. It was where every day felt like spring since all your eyes could see was green. The air you inhaled was fresh, unlike the air in the city which was polluted by industrial smoke, making you a possible candidate for lung cancer. In this place, I didn’t need to worry about being kidnapped which made me feel at peace for the first time in 8 years.

At last, I was finally home.

This place witness the best days of my life but this was also the same place where those days ended.

“So much for being positive” I thought upon recalling that certain memory, the day of our separation.

A few days ago, a friend of mine delivered the news that the orphanage was being reopened and that it needed funding. Without hesitation, I sent a check to the charity’s bank account and told myself that I would personally visit it when I had the time so here I was, headed towards my home.  The butterflies in my stomach wouldn’t leave me alone which made me feel uneasy and nauseous on the way. Travelling there from the airport took a few hours which didn’t really help me at all.

“Are you alright?” My best friend Yoona seemed to notice that I wasn’t myself. “You look paler than usual.”

“Neh” I replied, reassuring her that I was alright even though I wasn’t. Pressing a button to open the window, I inhaled some fresh air which made me feel slightly better.

After a few hours of sitting in the car which made my numb, we finally arrived at the location which didn’t really change, making me remember my childhood days even more. Stepping out of the car, I approached the oak tree where our tree house used to be, caressing the wood as I remembered all the times I hid there during Kris and I’s game of hide and seek. As I was standing there, I heard someone calling for me from behind and upon turning around, I saw that it was our old care taker, Mrs. Song.

“Mrs. Song?” I asked, a few tears forming in my eyes. “Is that you?”

Confused of what was happening, Mrs. Song grabbed her specs from her shirt pocket, wearing it to get a better look of me. Walking closer, she cupped my face and I’m guessing that she’s trying to figure out who I was since she’s clearly forgotten.

“Yuri my dear? . . . Is that you?” She asked, making me speechless.

Without saying a word, I wrapped my arms around her waist, hugging her tight and if I could, I wouldn’t let her go. She was like a mother to me and after all I’ve been through, I really needed to do this. I was unaware that tears were already rolling down my cheeks, ruining the make-up that took me an hour to perfect but I didn’t care, I was now in the arms of my mother and it made me happy.

Entering the establishment, it looked more like a haunted house rather than an orphanage. Spider webs occupied almost every corner of the house while the furniture was covered with white cloth. Following Mrs. Song, We headed towards the kitchen and upon arriving there; I leaned on the countertop, waiting for her as she poured some tea into 3 teacups.

“So dear, how’s your life?” She asked, handing Yoona and I our cups of tea.

I shed a few tears as I told her my story. I talked about all the hardships I experienced before I was able to make my life better and before I reached the top of the ladder. I really appreciated how she was all ears as I was telling my story and also appreciated the advices she gave to me. As we were drinking our tea, Mrs. Song grabbed my wrist, intently analyzing the bracelet that Kris made for me.

“I know this bracelet” She said, taking the bracelet off my wrist to take a closer look.

“It was given to me by Kris.”
 

“Yes, I do remember” She said, chuckling afterwards. “Speaking of him . . . He’s-“

Before Mrs. Song could even continue what she was saying, someone rudely interrupted her by bursting into the kitchen, carrying several blue prints in his hands.

“Mrs. Song, I have the –“

Upon looking into his eyes, I felt like I knew this man. I didn’t think it was possible because I don’t recall meeting someone this freakishly tall and handsome. Yes, I admit he’s handsome. Studying his face, I realized that he looked really familiar. He reminded me of someone from my childhood; someone who played a huge part in my life.

He reminded me of Kris.

“Kris?"

----

Okay guys to be honest, I was so stressed last night in making this chapter because I might not live to your expectations and I'm even more stressed now. . . like really, 12 subscribers in a day?!?!?!? It might not be much to you XD but it is to me. /mindblowwwnnnn .. so If I failed you, I am so sorry ; . ; I hope you enjoy though ♥ KRISYUL.

/crosses fingers/