Chapter 8

Sixteenth Note

I walked weakly back to where Lay was.

 

One or two days. He'll die in one or two days. Lay... he'll be gone. Gone from my sight. Gone from my arms. And when that thing happened, I'll never see him again. I can never be with him again. Never again.

 

I was lost in my thoughts, I didn't notice Lay was walking behind me. I was very shocked when someone covered my eyes.

 

"Hey what were you thinking?" He said as he removed his hands from my eyes and gave me a backhug putting his chin on my right shoulder.

 

"I-It's nothing."

"You can tell me."

"It's really nothing."

 

Lay made me look at him. He looked me intensely in the eyes. That look was telling me to to say whatever secret I was hiding.

 

 

I saw him bowing his head.

 

 

"My time was running out..."

 

 

"I'm fated to die."

 

 

"Don't say that thing." I can felt my throat burning because of holding back the tears.

 

 

I don't want Lay to see me crying again. I want to be as strong as possible. I want to give him strength. And I can't do that if I was not strong, myself.

 

I hugged him. "Please... don't think of it that way. You're not going to die. You'll live forever... here in my heart."

 

 

"I want to be with you. I want to take care of you." He told me.

"Lay..." I buried my face on his shoulder.

 

"Just this day. Please let me take care of you." He tighten his hug.

 

 

We remained like that for a while. Then, Lay moved away and held my hand. He dragged me gently towards the old building.

I hate it when Lay dragged me somewhere and he'll never tell where it was or why we were there. I hate how he surprises me with whatever he set on that place. I hate how I love Lay. And I hate how he made me sad to the fact that I can't be with him any longer.

 

 

The old building as I never seen it before was very dark. All the windows are closed. The big door was open but only a crack.

 

When we went inside, the building glowed with so many lights. From the ceiling to the wall, everything was full of lights. Then in the middle of all of that, the piano stood.

 

 

 

Lay guide me, he was still holding my hand.

 

 

"You know I really don't know why He chose me to have this illness. But whatever his reasons are, I should be greatful. Because this disease made me realized something that I never noticed before... Your everlasting love. How willing you are to take care of me. And how much you really mean to me."

 

 

"I know I haven't said such thing to you before..." I heard him say.

 

The next thing I know, he was telling me the thing I badly wants to hear from him. The sweetest words I ever heard.

 

 

"I love you."

 

He let go of my hand and kissed me on the lips.

 

It was a long sweet silence.

 

 

When our lips parted, it was now my turn to tell him what I really feel.

 

 

"I love you too."

 

After that, he held my hand again and dragged me towards the piano.