Epilogue

Sixteenth Note

A tear fell as I remembered all the things that had happened.

 

It's been one year since Lay died and the things weren't as easy as it should be.

 

I'm still left in the past.

 

I'm still longing for his embraces and his kisses.

 

And the future, is nothing but a dark piece of moment.

 

 

I want to go back in the past.

 

 

I want to turn back the hands of time,

 

 

and make it stop.

 

 

If you'll give me a wish right now, I would just hope for one thing.

 

 

It is to press rewind and see those sweet memories flashing in front of me.

 

 

 

It is to get Lay from death and make him alive.

 

 

It is to feel his love again. Like how I felt it before.

 

 

I wanted to be with Lay again.

 

 

 

I wanted to be with him so badly...

 

 

 

I felt the wind comforting me.

 

 

Yes. It was supposed to be you, Lay. You're supposed to be the one who's comforting me.

 

 

 

I watched as my teardrops fell on the piano like rain on the pavement.

 

 

 

 

 

I am here again. Inside the old abandoned building that has been the witness in all our struggles and griefs and even happiness.

 

 

This place is the witness to our everlasting love.

 

 

 

I closed my eyes and feel the wind caressing me. Reliving all the memories that Lay and I shared.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

When suddenly, I felt someone touching my neck and putting a necklace around it. It was the same feeling I felt the day Lay put the sixteenth note necklace around my neck.

 

 

It was as if Lay resurrect and made me feel the same thing again.

 

No. Maybe it's just my imagination. Lay can't be here.

 

 

 

But I would really be happy if he was here.

 

 

"Lay?" I asked the someone as I touched my necklace.

 

 

 

"No. My name is Luhan." A different voice answered me. But it was as if I was listening to Lay's voice. It was the same tone and the same cheerful care. And the same secured feeling I felt whenever I hear Lay's voice echoing throughout the building.

 

 

I watched the person sit beside me and put his fingers on the piano keys.

 

He look at me before playing.

 

 

"You dropped your necklace a while ago. I supposed it was something important so I ran and catch you." He turned to the piano then...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=4QsnlSA6QII

 

 

 

I heard a music. It's the sweetest thing that my ears ever heard after a long time. It's the very familiar music that my mind has learned to know and love these past few years. It's the most enchanting sound that my heart has longed to hear for seems like forever.

 

 

I closed my eyes just like I always did when Lay plays his favorite piece.

 

 

 

I suddenly feel that this person sitting next to me was Lay. I suddenly find myself sitting on that same room, on that same piano. But this time, with Lay. With the person that I love. With the person that I never learned to forget even if many days had passed. With the person that always makes my heart stumble and would always make it.

 

 

 

With the person I longed for.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Baby don't cry. My love will protect you and never let go..."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

Author's Note: (Must Read!)

 

This is the end of Lay and Aya's journey but not their love story.

Because if a love is true, it shall always live forever. 

 

As everyone can see, Luhan has a part in this last chapter. It was because the Book Two of this story features Luhan and Aya.

 

 

Watch out for the Book Two. It is more dramatic. XD

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sixteenth Note Book Two

 

coming soon!

 

 

 

 

 

 

Date Completed: June 29, 2013 9:49 a.m.