The Plan

Under False Pretenses ♥;

“I just want to know how on Earth an intelligent girl like you ended up here, cross-dressing as a boy in an exclusive all-boys school.”

It felt as if all hell broke loose as Ji Yoo heard those words. She was frozen in place. Hyori looked at her with a grin playing on her glossy pink lips. “Is it because of a boy? Yeoleum Academy does have the reputation of having oh-so good looking students.”

Ji Yoo swallowed a lump in . She forced herself to say something, anything…

“S-sonsaengnim, w-what are you talking about?” She croaked in her deepest voice yet, even letting out a forced chuckle. “I’m not a girl. I, I think I just look like one but, t-trust me, sonsaengnim, I-I am not.” Ji Yoo grinned but mentally slapping herself for saying it idiotically.

Hyori merely raised an eyebrow. “Oh? But my senses are never wrong.”

“Sonsaengnim, no offense, but I really am a boy.” Ji Yoo persisted.

The teacher made a soft, disappointed face before letting out a sigh. “Fine. If you say so.” She said, although her tone told Ji Yoo she was still not convinced. “You may go. I’m sorry for all the trouble.”

Without any hesitation, Ji Yoo quickly turned around and walked out of the room.

Hyori still stood on her spot. She stared at the closed door from where Ji Yoo had exited earlier and raised an eyebrow. “I’ll be keeping an eye on you, Kim Ji Yoo.” She said to herself. “There’s no need to hide. I know you and your parents too well.”


-♥-♥-♥-


Ji Yoo kept on running until she reached the far end of the academy. She clutched her chest tightly. She could feel her heart hammering, both from the dash and from panic. Lee Hyori sonsaengnim was beyond scary, indeed. As to how Hyori sonsaengnim realized her real gender, Ji Yoo had no clue and she hoped to the high heavens that the teacher won’t do anything like report her to the headmaster.

With shaking hands, Ji Yoo quickly took her phone out of her pocket. She dialed the number of the one person she knows she can help her in this dilemma.


-♥-♥-♥-


Su Ae’s eyes widened at what her best friend told her over the phone.

Someone knew.

Someone knew about or, at least, had a clue about Ji Yoo’s true gender and it would be hell if ever it goes out.

“What should we do now?” She asked.

There was a sigh on the other line before she heard an answer. “I… I don’t know. I was hoping you could come up with something.” Ji Yoo said.

Su Ae rested her head on her hand. She racked her brain with anything, anything at all that can help her best friend at this. “Well,” she said. “I don’t think the teacher can still report you or not. She needs to have hard evidence about you being a girl and since you two just met earlier, I doubt she has anything but you looks.”

“Yeah, but I think she’ll do anything and everything to get proof.”

“Then you just have to do something to stop her from becoming suspicious.”

“How?” Ji Yoo asked.

“I have an idea.” Su Ae said. “Don’t you watch the dramas? I’ll just have to go there frequently and pretend to be your girlfriend.”

“Be my what?” Ji Yoo’s mouth fell open. “Yah! I’m not a lesbian!”

Su Ae rolled her eyes. “Pabo! That’s why I said, ‘pretend’. We’re going to pretend! We’re going to act all lovey-dovey in front of that teacher, hoping that she’ll realize you really are a boy.”

“Oh, now I get it.” Ji Yoo said.

“Good, I’ll drop by after classes and see how it works. I gotta go now. My next class will start soon.”

“Sure. Thanks, Su-yah. I owe you one.”

“Oh, you really do owe me one.” Su Ae answered before hanging up.


-♥-♥-♥-


Jaejoong slung his bag over his shoulders as he walked out of his classroom. Classes are done but he still had to make a stop for Student Council Office. He headed toward the football field, the shortest possible way to the offices since it was just across from it.

The afternoon sun felt warm on his shoulders as Jaejoong continued to tread along the grass. He passed along the football players who were all getting ready for their practice. A flutter of something red caught his eye and Jaejoong turned towards it out of curiosity. He felt his jaw practically drop at what he saw. There she was in all her gorgeous glory. Her auburn hair fluttered gracefully behind her as she walked. She was wearing a school uniform, a white blouse and a red skirt yet she still looked like a model strutting down a catwalk. Jaejoong saw her smile, captivatingly so that his heart fluttered just by seeing it. He could swear that he was seeing little sparkling diamonds all around her, just like when a guy in the movies sees the love of his life.

And then… THUD!

Nothing could ruin a moment more than having a ball hit you square on the face.

“Aww!” Jaejoong mumbled as he felt pain pulsating through his nose, eyes and cheeks, but mostly on his nose.

“Councilor-sshi!” One of the players ran towards him. “Kwaenchannayo?”

“Er, yeah, yeah. I’m fine… I, uh, guess.” Jaejoong answered, quickly turning around so that Su Ae wouldn’t see him.

“Your face looks red. Do you want to go to the clinic?”

“Oh, no. I’ll be fine.”

“Okay. Sorry about the ball but you should stay clear out of the field. We’re starting our practice.”

“Sure. I will.” Jaejoong replied before dashing quickly towards the building in front of him. As soon as he got inside the Student Council Office, he quickly shut the door and peeked through the blinds. His eyes desperately searched for that beautiful creature he knew as Hwang Su Ae.

“Er, what’s happening to Jaejoong-hyung?” Junsu said as he looked at a red-faced Jaejoong who almost had his face pressed against the glass window.

“Beats me.” Yunho answered, looking for a second at Jaejoong then back again at the papers he was holding.

“Er, hyung?” Junsu asked, gently tapping the guy on the shoulder.

“What?!” It came out as a growl, almost. Jaejoong looked up at him for a second before his eyes went back outside. Curious, Junsu also took a peek through the window. Just a few feet from the football field were two figures walking side by side. One was the new guy, Kim Ji Yoo, while the other one, who was clearly not a student at this academy because she’s obviously a girl, Hwang Su Ae.

“Oh. So that’s why.” Junsu said, eyeing Su Ae then at Jaejoong again. “If I didn’t know any better, hyung, I’d say you’re in love.”

Jaejoong felt his cheeks get hot. “I’m not.” He said in a tone that sounded more of a question than a statement.

Junsu raised an eyebrow. “We can see it, hyung. But, sadly, I don’t think you’re meant to be together.”

“What? Why not?!” Jaejoong looked annoyed, almost angry at Junsu. The latter merely pointed towards the two and gave the former a look that said “That’s why.”

Jaejoong returned his gaze and saw Su Ae hugging Ji Yoo with the latter’s arm slung over her shoulders. He felt his heart sank.

“Damn that Kim Ji Yoo.”


-♥-♥-♥-


“Damn that Kim Ji Yoo.”

Changmin heard Jaejoong mutter as soon as he opened the door to the Student Council Office. He raised an eyebrow at the guy glaring at something through the window. Curious, Changmin turned around. Sure enough, he saw Ji Yoo walking around the field hugging some girl from a different school. They looked like they were whispering sweet nothings in each other’s in ear. Changmin pursed his lips. He quickly turned back around and slammed the door shut behind him.


-♥-♥-♥-


“Are you sure we’re in front of the faculty office?” Su Ae said through gritted teeth as she felt Ji Yoo’s arm rest just above her shoulders.

“Yes.” Ji Yoo answered, also through gritted teeth. “This building is where the offices are. Classes are finished so I’m guessing Lee sonsaengnim should be here.”

“Well, we can’t see her so we’re not sure if she can see us. I think we should just do this when we know she’s watching or else our efforts will be wasted.”

Ji Yoo thought for a moment, and then sighed. “Yeah, you’re right.”

 

 

 

 

------------------------;♥

Sorry for not updating this sooner. :D

Comments are much appreciated! ^^