Crossing Paths ii

Under False Pretenses ♥;

Hwang Su Ae had heard and even experienced of a number of ridiculous things. Like one time, her cousin Jaebeom had actually been excused for a day at school when his teacher believed his story about him having a mission of some kind involving North Korea and infiltrating its walls. Then there was the other time when she bought a fortune cookie and the fortune she got said “You will buy another fortune cookie for this one will not satisfy you.” But none of those memorable and weirdly ridiculous things can compare to what she had just learned… That her best friend had actually gone completely and utterly crazy.

Su Ae knew Ji Yoo can be very impulsive. Experience had told her a lot about it but never in her lifetime would she think her best friend would actually agree to pose as a boy and go into an all boys’ school and to STAY there for a year. The idea was more ridiculous than Jaebeom the bum’s alleged mission to North Korea.

Su Ae would have never believed it until Ji Yoo’s dad (reluctantly) confirmed it last night when she came to visit the Kim Mansion.

“Excuse me,” a gentle albeit squeaky voice woke Su Ae up from her daze. She turned around and saw an adorable guy smiling charmingly at her. He was very charismatic, with those twinkling almond-shaped eyes and that shining smile. Behind the guy with a smile to die for was another equally good looking guy with feminine features. He was slightly taller than the first guy and his posture was like that of a prince in Su Ae’s opinion.

“You seem lost.” The adorable guy continued. “Can we help you with anything?”

“Ah, yes.” Su Ae quickly said, closing her gaping mouth slightly. Damn, she thought. The rumors about Yeoleum Academy having good looking students were proved to be false. The students here are not good-looking. They are freaking GORGEOUS. “I’m looking for someone.” She continued, trying her best not to ogle at the two very attractive boys. “Do you know Kim Ji Yoo? S—I mean, HE just transferred here.” She said in a gasp. Luckily for her the two (gorgeous) boys didn’t notice her slip up.

“Oh, the new guy!” The adorable boy answered with a unique and hearty chuckle that Su Ae thought to be very charming. “Yes, we know him, right, Jaejoong-hyung?”

“Yes.” The taller guy said with a gently smile that still made Su Ae’s heart scream like a maniac. “You could just follow us. We’ll take you to him.”

“Oh, thank you.” She answered, almost breathlessly as oxygen seemed to thin around these two very hot guys. Su Ae followed them, biting her bottom lip to stop herself from actually fangirling right then and there.

“I’m Kim Junsu, by the way.” The charismatic boy with the high-pitched voice introduced. “And this is Kim Jaejoong.”

“Hi.” The taller guy turned to her and smiled.

“Oh, nice to meet you.” She said, bowing slightly. “I’m Su Ae. Hwang Su Ae. I’m a, er, friend of Ji Yoo’s.”

“It’s nice to meet you, Su Ae-sshi.” The one named Jaejoong said, slowing down his steps so that he could walk in the same pace as her. Junsu remained the one walking in front of them. “It’s kind of random but, you know, your friend is already popular here at school and he’s just been here a few days.”

“Huh? Really?” Su Ae stopped for a moment, shocked. “H-how popular?”

“Well, to be honest, he looks like a girl and the guys here are just plain crazy about those kinds.” Jaejoong answered casually.

Su Ae gasped in shock. She covered with her hand but when Jaejoong looked questioningly at her, Su Ae let out a rather awkward laugh. “Aish, that Ji Yoo!” she said, pretending she found this idiotic predicament funny. “Really, and I thought only girls go gaga for him. It turns out I’m wrong.”

An awkward moment passed as both Junsu and Jaejoong stared curiously at her. Su Ae stopped her laughing and coughed a few times. It was only a moment after that that Jaejoong chuckled lightly. He went on to have small talk with her—very small talk like, the weather and all that rubbish—until they reached the classrooms.

“Here you are, Su Ae-sshi.” Junsu announced. “This is Kim Ji Yoo’s classroom. I think he’s here already but let me just look.”

Junsu went near the classroom and when he found the person he’s looking for, he screamed “Kim Ji Yoo-sshi, someone’s here to see you!” The said person jogged his—or her—way outside.

Ji Yoo had woken up to a rather good mood earlier that morning. She had been smiling since this morning but when she went out of that classroom at that moment, her smile faded. It was replaced by a scared frown as she was met by the fiery, angry eyes of one Hwang Su Ae.

-♥-♥-♥-

“WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING?!” Su Ae screamed too loud for comfort. She had almost caused a commotion earlier when she screamed Ji Yoo’s name loudly earlier that the cross dresser had to drag her to somewhere private to escape the inquiring eyes of the other guys.

“Have you completely lost your mind?!” Su Ae asked hysterically. “Do you know what you’ve gotten yourself into?! Have I been gone too long? I was only gone for two freaking weeks and when I went back home from France the first thing I heard about was you going off to an all-boys’ school!”

“Su Ae, please.” Ji Yoo answered in a hushed tone as she scanned the area for any passerby that might here them. “Keep your voice down. I can explain everything.”

“Ugh!” Su Ae exclaimed as she rolled her eyes. “Fine. I’ll keep it down but you better have a good explanation for this.”

Ji Yoo sighed. “Okay, first off, I know what I’m doing. And second, you’ve got to understand. Appa made this deal and you know how I am with him. If I can pass this up I can finally be free of him.”

Su Ae looked sternly at her best friend. “The keyword there is ‘if’. But haven’t you ever thought of what will happen if this goes off wrongly? Did you not consider the consequences? Seriously Ji Yoo I thought you had more sense than that!”

It took Ji Yoo a moment before she answered. “I’ve thought of that. I really did but I figured it’s worth it. I don’t like being controlled by appa. You of all people should know that.” Ji Yoo had her head bent down as she spoke. Her voice was sad and serious.

Su Ae sighed. “I know that very well. But still, there could have been other ways but this. This is downright ridiculous!”

Ji Yoo looked up to her best friend with pleading eyes. “Look, Su Ae, I know you came here to talk me out of this or to tell me I’m stupid and stuff. Believe me, I know I’m stupid for agreeing to this but I’m willing to take this risk. But, please, could you just support me on this?”

Su Ae rolled her eyes. She was silent for a moment before she let out sigh. “Fine, I will. I’m against this but what the hell can I do? You are freaking stubborn as a mule!”

Ji Yoo finally managed to smile widely. She ran closer to her best friend and gave her a big hug. “Aww, thank you thank you thank you! If this ends badly, you could be the first one to say ‘I told you so’ and I’ll be giving you a week to freely ridicule me.”

“Aish, Ji Yoo!” Su Ae muttered, chuckling. “You know I can’t do that. Only a day of ridicule can suffice.”

“Fine, fine. By the way, how did you find me? My first day here I almost got lost in the school grounds. Lucky I have Heechul-oppa with me.”

“Well,” Su Ae grinned, remembering the two cute guys she had met just earlier. “I saw two cute guys earlier and they helped me around.”

“Cute?” Ji Yoo asked with much interest.

“Yes. And damn this school. Every freaking guy I see is freaking cute. I don’t know how you can survive here without at least falling for, around 20 guys.” Su Ae joked.

“Er, well, to be honest, not all of them are guy-guys. So I’m pretty safe.” Ji Yoo said. “So, who’s those two guys you were talking about?”

“They said their names were Kim Junsu and Kim Jaejoong and, oh my gosh, are they good-looking or what! I’ve only been here a few hours and I already have two major crushes.” Su Ae giggled.

Ji Yoo frowned. “Kim Junsu and Kim Jaejoong?” she asked, remembering what her cousin said about those two who belong to the student council. “Er, Su Ae-yah, not to burst your bubble but I really think that you should know this.”

“Hm? Know what?”

“They’re actually gay.”

A few seconds passed before Su Ae came up with a reply. “Come again?” She asked, as if she just heard it wrong.

“They’re gay.” Ji Yoo said bluntly.

“They’re… what?!” Su Ae asked, mouth falling open out of shock. “No, no, no. They… They can’t be gay!”

“Heechul-oppa told me. And Junsu-sshi has a pretty good-looking boyfriend too. While Jaejoong-sshi, well, I’m not a hundred percent sure about him but rumor has it that he’s secretly dating the student council president, Jung Yunho. Oh, and they’re part of the student council, by the way.”

“They are?” Su Ae asked, her lips forming into a pout. “Pity. And they were so good-looking that I’m hoping they wouldn’t be. Aish, it’s so hard to believe!”

“Tell me about it. We had the same reaction when oppa told me about it.”

-♥-♥-♥-

“She’s really cute, don’t you think?” Jaejoong asked dreamily as they walked back to their own classrooms.

“Who? Su Ae-sshi?” Junsu asked.

“Yeah. Who else?”

“Hyung, you know I’m not really into girls” Junsu answered.

Jaejoong rolled his eyes. “I know that. You’re very much in love with Yoochun-ah, I know. But you’ve got to admit that she looks at least pretty, right?”

“Fine, fine. I do admit that she’s pretty.” Junsu answered. “You seem already smitten by her, hyung.” He added, noticing the wide smile playing on his friend’s lips.

“Er, no I’m not.” Jaejoong defended though the sudden reddening of his cheeks told Junsu otherwise. “I was just saying she’s pretty.”

“Look, lover boy, you don’t need to hide it.” Junsu said. “I can tell. But unfortunately for you, hyung, I think she’s taken.”

“Huh? Why so?” Jaejoong couldn’t hide the disappointment in his voice there.

“Simply because.” Junsu said, pointing to something to their left. Jaejoong followed his gaze and saw the pretty girl from earlier hugging the new guy tightly. Jaejoong couldn’t help but frown deeply.

“Better luck next time, hyung.”

-♥-♥-♥-

Ji yoo almost forgot about her classes because of Su Ae’s appearance. As soon as her best friend left, she ran towards her classroom as fast as she could. She wasn’t that fast though as she was around ten minutes late.

“Where have you been?” Sungmin asked as soon as Ji Yoo took her usual seat.

“Sorry, a friend of mine just dropped by.”

“You’re lucky Kwon-sonsaengnim isn’t the kind that punishes students for being late.”

“Don’t worry. I won’t do it again.” Ji Yoo assured. “Did he say what we’re going to do today?”

“Not yet.” Sungmin answered. “He just announced that he’ll be pairing us up before you came in.”

“Oh.” Ji Yoo muttered. Noticing the troubled look on, not just Sungmin but also everyone around her, Ji Yoo looked confused. “Er, why does everyone look so troubled?”

“Because of him.” Sungmin pointed to the guy sitting by the window. Shim Changmin. “Everyone is hoping they won’t get paired with him. It would be a nightmare to even just talk to him. Imagine what life would be like when he’s your partner.”

Ji Yoo remembered the cold glare the guy had given him just yesterday. She swallowed a lump in . “It would be hell.” She muttered and Sungmin nodded.

“Okay, class.” Kwon-sonsaengnim announced and everyone just shivered in their seats. “I’ll be pairing you now. This is random and, remember, this is permanent. Your partner now will be your partner for the whole year.”

“Oh that’s just great.” Ji yoo heard Sungmin mutter.

“First pair, Lee Donghae and Lee Hyukjae.”

Hyukjae let out a huge sigh of relief from beside Ji Yoo. “Phew!” He mumbled. “Safe.”

“Next up,” The teacher continued. “Shin Dong Hee and Kim Youngwoon.” Another breath of relief from the two who were called and Kwon-sonsaengnim continued on. “Lee Sungmin and Cho Kyuhyun.”

Sungmin finally breathed after holding his breath for about a minute. He winked at the skinny guy who was to be his partner before turning to Ji Yoo. “Thank goodness. I actually like the partner I got for once. I’ll be sorry for whoever soul gets to be Evil Shim’s partner.”

And as if Sungmin’s words were magic Kwon-sonsaengnim uttered the devil’s name. “Shim Changmin and…” There was obvious tension in the whole classroom as that was said. Some were even shaking in their seats while some were uttering silent prayers.

“Kim Ji Yoo.”

A wave of relieved sighs erupted from the whole class but the person whose name was just uttered was now frozen solid.

“D-did sonsaengnim just call my name?” Ji Yoo mumbled incredulously.

Sungmin gave her an apologetic look. “Ji Yoo-yah, I’m afraid… I’m afraid he did.”

“I’m… partnered with Changmin-sshi?”

Sungmin nodded.

“For a year?”

He nodded again.

“For one whole freaking year?”

“Should I call an exorcist now?” A somewhat concerned Hyukjae asked.

Sungmin glared at him. “Hyukkie, you’re not helping.”

“Oh, sorry.” The boy answered, bowing a little to Ji Yoo.

“Settle down, class.” Kwon-sonsaengnim announced after he had read al of the names on his list. “Now that you’re all paired up, go to sit next to your partners. There will be an activity that both of you would do and since it would be more convenient for our class, that seating arrangement would also be permanent.”

Ji Yoo almost fainted on her seat.

“Ji Yoo-yah, I suggest you move down to sit next to Changmin-sshi. He doesn’t like it when he moves out of his favorite spot.” Sungmin cautiously said.

“Right.” A silently panicking Ji Yoo answered.

“I’m sorry again.” Sungmin said before standing up from his seat.

Ji Yoo nodded as she too also stood up. “It’s okay. It’s not your fault anyway.”

Is this the punishment for cross-dressing? She asked herself as she made her way to the devil’s lair.

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------;♥
COMMENTS ARE LOVED~! *gives cookies to those who would comment*

Sorry, it's not really the Jaejoong chap I first thought of. teehee. :D

RANDOM: wah! it's already 2:45 in the morning here and I'm very much wide awake! T_T anyways, hope you guys like this chap! :)