Crossing Paths i

Under False Pretenses ♥;

Ji Yoo almost woke up late if it hadn’t been for Heechul waking her up just in time. She had overslept. Well, she couldn’t sleep much last night. Ji Yoo bolted up from her bed and arranged herself for the morning in just half an hour, half the time it usually takes her to get ready. She went down with Heechul to the cafeteria and had breakfast. Unfortunately for her, she somehow “captivated” the whole university, as most eyes were on her. When she got to class after breakfast, it wasn’t any different. Their eyes were still on her, the whispers were still about her. Ji Yoo tried her best to ignore them. The keyword there is “tried”.

“Okay class,” Park Sonsaengnim announced as soon as he got inside the classroom. “I’m giving back the test you all took yesterday.”

There was an almost unanimous sigh (only Ji Yoo and that ever silent Changmin on the far corner of the room didn’t react) among the class. The teacher paid them no heed and continued on with his speech.

“The results, as always, are horrible. But, thankfully, there are two people who got 100%.” Park Sonsaengnim paused as another round of whispers erupted from them. He continued only a moment or two later. “The first person to get a hundred is, of course, Shim Changmin.” He handed out the paper and the said boy stood up and got it. He went back to his seat without even looking at the others in the class.

“Pompous dickhead.” Ji Yoo heard Sungmin mutter.

“You really don’t like him, huh?” She asked.

“No one likes him.” Sungmin stated, turning towards her. “Even the guys with him in the student council don’t like him. That Shim Changmin is so smart he thinks he’s better than everyone else.”

Ji Yoo frowned. “If no one likes him, how did he become vice president of the student council?”

“No one else wanted the job in our year and they wanted him to suffer, simple as that. Besides, voting there is not like the voting in Flower Boys Official Ranking List. Everyone knows that the teachers mostly have the say as to who will be in the student council.”

“Oh, I see.”

“Kim Ji Yoo.” Park Sonsaengnim called and Ji Yoo instantly went to face front.

“Yes?”

“Your paper.” The teacher answered and Ji Yoo stood up and went in front to get it. “Congratulations, you’re the other one who got a hundred.”

Ji Yoo smiled as she got her paper. Right there at the top right was “100” written and encircled in red ink. She turned back and was about to head back to her seat when she noticed the whole class was staring at her with open mouths.

“Er, what’s the matter?” she asked no one in particular.

“Changmin-sshi always gets a perfect score in every test.” The chubby guy with the crew cut hair in front muttered. “You’re the first person other than him to get a hundred.”

“That sounds like it’s bad.”

“It’s bad.” The boy answered. He tilted his head back, trying to point to the guy sitting by the window. Ji Yoo turned her gaze there. Instantly, her eyes landed on a pair of angry eyes. Changmin had his gaze on her. And it wasn’t just a gaze. It was a glare. Ji Yoo swallowed in nervousness.

“Don’t listen to Youngwoon.” Park Sonsaengnim muttered from beside Ji Yoo. He took a thick book and hit the chubby boy on the head. “Getting a perfect score on tests is always a good thing, remember that Ji Yoo-sshi.”

Ji Yoo could only nod slowly.

-♥-♥-♥-

“Is it really bad to have the same grade as that Shim Changmin?” Ji Yoo asked as she suddenly appeared beside her cousin at lunch time. Heechul almost jumped on his seat but regained his composure in the next millisecond.

“Are you now a ghost? You kept popping up out of nowhere.”

“Sungmin-sshi and Hyukjae-sshi treated me like I was going to die or something earlier.” Ji Yoo mumbled gravely.

Heechul cocked an eyebrow. “And what exactly happened earlier?”

“Park sonsaengnim handed back the algebra tests we had yesterday. Changmin-sshi and I both got a hundred there.”

“Ooh, it’s bad.”

“And how? Why?”

“The king of geniuses is threatened. From what I’ve heard, Changmin hates to be outshone or be equal with anyone in anything.”

Ji Yoo frowned. “That’s just low.”

“But I could be wrong.” Heechul added. “They were just rumors. But if Changmin-sshi spared you a look, that meant something.”

“Er… he was looking at me earlier. Actually, it was more of a glare.”

“Really now?” Heechul asked in a tone that was half of shock and half of interest. “And that absolutely means something.”

Ji Yoo raised an eyebrow. “And how could you be sure?”

“Changmin doesn’t even give a look at people he has no business with.”

“Then I’m doomed?” Ji Yoo asked incredulously.

Heechul nodded. “You’re doomed.”

“Great.” She said sarcastically. Her stay in Yeoleum Academy keeps getting better and better.

-♥-♥-♥-

Classes were finished and all Ji Yoo wanted was just to rush to her dorm and lock herself there for a year. She walked lazily down the hallway towards her and Heechul’s room. She reached for the doorknob and tried to open it, only, it was locked. Ji Yoo glanced at her watch. It was almost 6 in the evening. Heechul must have been busy with who knows what. She groaned as she lazily rummaged in her bag for the key. With a number of things strewn around and pushed against their will inside her bag, Ji Yoo was having a hard time finding her key.

“Stupid.” She muttered to herself. “Where the hell did I put that thing?”

Ji Yoo was too absorbed in fumbling silly that she didn’t notice another presence in the hallway. She backed a few steps away from her door and suddenly bumped into the person.

“Yah! Watch where you’re going.” The voice was so cold that it almost made Ji Yoo shiver. She turned around and, to her horror, she saw Shim Changmin glaring at her… again.

“Shim-sshi!” Ji Yoo gasped. Seeing the fierce look on him, she bowed apologetically. “Mianhe, I didn’t see you there.”

“You have eyes.” He said, still glaring at her. “Use it sometime.” Changmin scoffed then turned around. He got a key out of his pocket and opened the door of the room right across Ji Yoo’s. It took a few seconds before it got to her.

“Omo!” she gasped, almost in a whisper. “His… His room’s just across mine?!”

-♥-♥-♥-

“His room’s just across ours?!”

Heechul rolled his eyes. “Yes. Apparently so.”

“Why didn’t you tell me?” Ji Yoo whined in a panicked state.

“I just keep forgetting.” He answered, getting a small mirror and admiring his reflection there. “Besides, it’s not the most important information in the world that you could die if ever I didn’t tell you.”

Ji Yoo pouted and slumped down on her bed. “But still, you could have given me heads up, oppa. He’s someone who wants to have my head on a plate. He’s scary. You should’ve seen the look he gave me earlier. The freaking guy wants to kill me, and I’ve only been here just two days.”

“Changmin-sshi is just like that to anyone and everyone.” Her cousin said lazily as he took a comb and began brushing his hair. “You’ll get used to it after a while.”

Ji Yoo pouted. “Easy for you to say. You’re not in the same class with him.”

Heechul looked up at her and gave her a weird look. “You know, you’re actually right. It must be worse for those people he shares classes with.” He muttered. He then went back to admire himself in the small mirror again.

Ji Yoo rolled her eyes. “You are very helpful, oppa, as always.”

-♥-♥-♥-

The early morning started off normally at Yeoleum Academy, that is until the clock struck half-past 9. A number of students gathered at the corridors. They were all excited as they were seeing a rare sight. A wave of auburn brown hair fluttered in the breeze as she walked around the campus. The rather small, sleeveless dark blue blouse and tight jeans fit her slim figure perfectly. All the boys’ thought of her as a model strutting down the catwalk, especially with those black stilettos on. They all had their mouths idiotically opened wide as they gawked at her. She paid them no attention.

The girl let out a frustrated sigh as she hastily got her phone from her handbag. She dialed the number and placed the phone next to her ear. She heard a few rings for a few moments then the line went dead. Another frustrated sigh escaped her lips as she placed her phone back inside her bag. She looked around the campus, hopelessly. She had no choice but to actually walk around and look for that person.

“Aigoo.” She said angrily to herself. “That Kim Ji Yoo is so dead the minute I see her!”

 

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------;♥
Comments are always loved :D
Okay, I know it's not much of an encounter. teehee. the exciting part will come soon... The other important characters just needed to be introduced too. lol

Next Chapter: Crossing Paths ii (Jaejoong chap, I think. lol)