Mysterious Friend

Begin Again

It's time to get some answers.

"Hey Tae!" Yumi called out me as I walked out of the gates of Seoul Kindergarten. I stopped when I heard her call. Classes for the day were already over.

"Yeah?" I looked around to see Yumi jogging up to me. "What happened, Yumi?"

When Yumi was near me, I saw the fear in her eyes. I wondered what had happened.

"It's Eunji." Yumi panted. "Her Grandmother had a and is currently in a hospital. Her father has gone to the hospital to take care of her."

"Oh no..." I felt weak all of a sudden. "Is her grandmother okay?"

Why must an innocent child suffer? The world is so cruel.

"I don't know!" Yumi said. "The principal just told me and I came to call you because there is no one to take Eunji home and her father said that he couldn't come before 7 PM."

"Really I'm so mad at her father..." I tried to suppress my anger. "So, should I drop Eunji to the hospital?"

"No!!" Yumi waved her hands in denial. "See, Eunji likes you a lot, So we thought it would be better if you could stay with her for a while..." Yumi scanned my face.

"Ah..." I said, thoughtfully. "It's not a problem for me at all. But, could I take her to my house instead?"

"Why don't I go check with the principal?" Yumi then dashed back into the school.

Suddenly, I felt a pair of strong arms wrap around me from my back.

My heartbeat almost stopped!

But the familiar scent of Cinnamon and mint made me relax.

"Jesus Christ..." I muttered softly. "Don't scare me like this, Yifan!"

"Why are you standing here?" He said. "Come lets go home."

"I'm waiting for my friend. She'll come out in about 5 minutes." I told him.

"I've been waiting here for so long." Kris hugged me tightly.

"Not my problem. I wanted to buy a cycle." I said. "But you disagreed."

"Can you imagine CEO Wu's Fiance riding a cycle? Sorry, but I cannot."

"There's a name for people like you. They're called conceited jerks." I said.

"There's a name for people like you, too. " He said. "They're called potty-mouthed midgets."

"You did not!" I tried to get out of his grip to hit him but to no avail. 

"I'm just kidding, babe." He kissed my temple. I felt heat rising in my cheeks.

"Stop with the PDA" I mumbled with a blush. 

"Then why don't we continue in my suite?" Yifan whispered.

My cheeks grew redder but then I spotted Yumi coming towards me and I immediately separated from him.

"Why you gotta be so rude?" He said. "Wait till we reach Galaxy Enterprise."

I ignored Kris and called out to Yumi "Hey Yumi! What did Mr. Lee say?" 

It was only then that I realised that Eunji was there with Yumi too. The moment Eunji saw me, she ran and hugged my legs. I patted her small head.

Yumi came next to me and whispered into my ear. "Mr. Lee talked to her father and he says it's okay if you take her to your house. I'll send you Mr. Kang's number in a while. Just give him your address. By the way, is it me or has your boyfriend become hotter?"

Yumi smiled sweetly at Yifan who awkwardly smiled back.

"Okay, i understand." I whispered back to Yumi. I looked at Kris and pointed at Eunji.

Kris understood what I was trying to say.

"Ah, Eunji, Why don't you come and see Miss Kim's nice big car!!" Kris picked up Eunji from the ground. 

"Miss Kim!!" Eunji called out. She didn't really mind Kris carrying her. And Kris looked happy too.

"Don't worry,Eunji. I'm coming with you!" I smiled 

When both Kris and Eunji were out of sight, I sighed and looked at Yumi.

"You guys didn't tell her that her grandma is in the hospital, right?" I asked her.

Yumi bit her lip. "It would have been so heart breaking for her, Tae. None of us could do it. We just told her that her grandma and dad are busy so you're going to look after her for the day."

"Alright." I said taking in the words. "I'll call Mr. Kang and tell him my address."

Yumi quickly gave me Mr. Kang's phone number. Then I walked back to Kris' car.

I wish I could adopt Eunji. Why have children if you can't take care of them?

***

"Wow...." Eunji said in awe as we arrived at Galaxy Enterprise.

"You like it?" Yifan asked her. "This is Miss. Kim's home!"

"Oh please." I rolled my eyes. "This is the most boring place ever."

"That's why it's Miss Kim's home." Yifan smirked. 

I pinched his arm. "Shut your mouth, Wu Yifan."

He pinched me back! "I will not. not today." He laughed evilly. "Today I can irritate you as much as I want. but you won't be able to bad-mouth me."

My mouth fell open. "You!!!!" I didn't say anything else because there was a child in the car with us.

We got out of the car and headed inside. I took Eunji to Yoona's office because that was the only place which had a nice big TV.

"Nice spending day with Miss Kim" Eunji giggled as we went up in the elevator.

Kris went to his floor while me and Eunji got off at Yoona's floor.

Yoona totally adored Eunji! The minute we stepped into her office she was hugging and kissing Eunji. I figured that this was the best time to make a move.

"Ah, Yoon. I need to talk to Yifan so I'll be back in a bit." I lied to her.

Yoona just nodded and continued playing a hand game with Eunji.

I walked into the elevator and pressed the button with 55 on it.

I had it all in my head. There were three guys who were really close to Kris. Tao, Kai and Luhan.

Now Tao and Kai, though really close to Yifan, weren't there when the three main incidents happened.

Incident 1 : When Yifan went to the hospital.

Incident 2 : When Hyobin was with Yifan.

Incident 3 : A few days ago when Yifan was being warned by Xiumin.

But Luhan was there. Luhan was always there.

I stepped out of the elevator when it reached the 55th floor.

The door to Luhan's cabin was slightly open. I knocked it twice.

"Yes?" 

"It's Yeon." I peeped into his cabin with a smile.

I couldn't ignore the fact that he gulped.

"Yes, Yeon?" Luhan kept aside the file which he was working on. "Something happened?"

"Do I need a reason to talk to my friend?" I went and sat in front of him.

"Of course not." Luhan said nervously.

I smiled "To be honest, I came here to talk about Yifan's past." I said.

"You don't know about it?" Luhan asked me.

"I do." I said. "Yifan was being targeted by the Anglo-Korean mafia, right?."

"Not exactly. His father had a dispute with a certain Anglo-Korean mafia." Luhan replied.

"You mean to say here are many Anglo-Korean mafias?"

Luhan sighed. "What do you want from me, Yeon?"

"Answers." I said.  "Who saved Yifan from being charged with murder?"

"Yeon..."

"You don't need to reveal the identity." I said

Luhan pressed his lips together. "Our friend's father."

I knew it. Even though Kai and Tao were close to Yifan, They weren't as close as Luhan.
Luhan had been there with Yifan even before it all began.

"Don't you think it's strange for an average man to negotiate with the police?" I pointed out.

"He was a part of another Anglo-Korean mafia." Luhan sighed. "He had a lot of influence in Korea as well as England."

"I see...And what about that friend of yours?" I asked.

"Well, he..." Luhan hesitated a bit. "Yifan was really indebted to him. But he shifted to England a few years ago."

"Oh..." I said thoughtfully. "What was his na--"

"Um, Yeon." Luhan interrupted me. "I'm really sorry but I have to do some work right now..."

Yeah, I guess I asked more than I should have. But Luhan is really gullible. I could come back tomorrow and ask him for more details.Sorry Luhan!

"Alright." I smiled and got up. "Thanks a lot, Luhan."

Luhan nodded as I walked out of the door.

When I entered the elevator to go to Yoona's floor, I saw Chanyeol in there.

"Hey noona!" He smiled playfully at me. "Where ya going?"

"Um, To Yifan's cabin." I lied. "I haven't seen him around for a while."

"Hyung? I think I saw Hyung walking out of the building with Hyobin a while ago." He answered.

Of. course.

"Oh thanks for telling me." I said. "I'll go and wait for him in his cabin."

I wanted to be angry at Yifan for going out with that Hyobin again but I couldn't because I had to find those papers.

Which papers? 

Kris' bail papers.

Why his bail papers?

Kris' bail papers would obviously have the name and signature of the person who bailed him out. If i found those papers, I would be one step closer to finding the real secret that Yifan was hiding.

The mysterious friend.

He isn't a part of SNC and Yifan only talked about him once. Luhan said that Yifan was indebted to him. But Yifan never expressed that sort of affection towards this mysterious friend.

It's obvious that they aren't on friendly terms anymore.

I unlocked the door to Kris' cabin and got in quietly. I closed the door behind me and got to work.

But There was a whole cabinet full of files! 

Oh no! I don't have enough time to go through all of these files.
Think Tae, Think.

Most of Kris' files were inside the cabinet or on his table.

I rummaged through some of the files but they were all related to some companies.

Wait a minute, If Kris is hiding that file from me, there's only one place he knows I wouldn't dare look.

His drawer.

My hand trembled as I pulled open Kris' drawer. 
There was a gun inside and a picture of Yifan when he was young. There was a boy of the same age standing next to Yifan in that picture. That boy looked so familiar for some reason...
Something was written below the picture.

Yifan and G.
Paris,2007


No files, no papers.

Then it means that Kris is hiding those papers from everyone.
Wait, everyone except Luhan. Luhan knows the mysterious friend...
Luhan has those papers.

I held a hand to my forehead. It was easy to get into Yifan's cabin because I had his keys...but Luhan? I'd have to make a proper plan for that.

I got out of Kris' cabin and locked it again. Then I took the elevator to go down.

"Hey, She fell asleep." Yoona informed me as I walked into her room.

"Hmm.." I couldn't help but smile looking at Eunji, who had dosed off on Yoona's couch.

"I played so many games with her! And we watched TV together! " Yoona giggled. "But she wanted to be with you."

I smiled. "I wish I could adopt her! Which reminds me, I have to call her idiot father."

"Who, Yifan?" Yoona teased.

"No, not that idiot." I sighed. "Where is he anyway?"

"Kai told me that he had a doctor's appointment today." Yoona told me.

My eyes widened. "that idiot never told me!"

Yoona chuckled, "I guess he doesn't want you to worry about him!"

I knitted my eyebrows together. "Or maybe he just doesn't want me to know where he's going..."

Because Chanyeol saw him with Hyobin while Yoona's saying that he's gone to the hospital...

"Anyway," I changed the matter. "I better call Mr. Kang."

I called Mr. Kang a few minutes later. What an he was! He didn't even bother asking how his daughter was and just told me to give him the address.

"What? You live at Galaxy Enterprise?" Mr. Kang asked me.

"I do. I hope you know the address because all of Seoul knows the address of this multi-million company that belongs to MY FIANCE." I yelled and then cut the call.

"Whoa whoa whoa! Calm down, Tae!" Yoona laughed. 

"Gosh, I'm ready to even marry this idiot so that I can take better care of Eunji." I fumed. "Eunji deserves better. Much better."

"You're not getting married to anyone else except me. So, let's adopt her." 

I turned around and saw Wu Yifan leaning against the door frame of Yoona's room.

"As if I want to marry someone else..." I looked away from him. "Anyway, Mr. Kang is coming to pick up Eunji so I need to take her down."

"Hey WuFan!" Yoon chirped. "you shouldn't leave Tae alone for so long or else she'll go marry some random single father."

"Whatever." I hissed. I picked up the sleeping Eunji from Yoona's couch.  "I wish I could give you a better life, Eunji." I whispered into her little ear.

Yifan sighed and suddenly, took Eunji away from my arms. "I'll carry her. You get her school bag."

"Alright..." I sighed.

We went down to the reception and waited for Mr. Kang to arrive. 
Soon enough, a silver car rolled in and out came a very distracted looking Mr. Kang. He didn't look very old. Probably in his 30's.

"Thank you for taking care of my daughter." He told me. "Her grandmother's condition isn't too good. Would you do me a favor and let her come like this for a few days?"

Mr. Kang seemed nice in person.

"Alright...and sorry for yelling at you earlier." I mumbled.

Yifan handed over Eunji to Mr. Kang very carefully.

"Mr. Kang." Yifan nodded at Eunji's father.

"Nice meeting you again,Mr. Wu." Mr. Kang nodded. "Congratulations on your engagement."

"Thank you very much." Yifan smiled faintly as Mr. Kang went back to his car and drove away.

"You know him?" I asked Yifan curiously.

"Yeah, we were business partners." Yifan said. "His wife died while giving birth."

"And he doesn't even take care of his daughter." I said 

"He loves children, Tae. He loves his daughter a lot. You don't see it but I've seen it." Yifan stuffed his hands in his pockets. "The little girl used to follow him everywhere. Even to business meetings."

Suddenly, I felt guilty.

"He loved his wife a lot, too. It's true that he has a lot of work but I'm sure he always makes time for Eunji. That's why Eunji is a happy child."

I felt even more guilty.

"You were with Jung Hyobin today, weren't you?"

Yifan sighed. "Why do you have to bring that up now?"

"You're not denying it." I pointed out.

"Yeah, we're working on a...project together." Yifan mumbled.

"Oh really?" I asked. "Yoona told me that you were supposed to go to the hospital."

Yifan shut his mouth quickly.

"I'm asking you one last time, Kris. What's going on?" I told him. 

"I already told you that nothing's going on." Yifan was being stubborn. 

"Don't force me to find out on my own."

"You will not." Kris grabbed my arms roughly and shook me. "You will not do anything."

"Whose going to stop me? You?" I said bitterly. "I'm already destroying you, Yifan. You can't do anything about it."

Yifan's eyes widened as he realized what I just said. "You eavesdropped on us?!" He yelled in disbelief.

I yanked away from his grip. "I only heard the last bit." I lied. It was better to drop the topic.

"I see..." Yifan said suspiciously. "Anyway, I got Victoria's wedding invitation today. The wedding is day after tomorrow."

"Everyone's going to the wedding?" I asked him.

"Yes." Yifan replied.

"Even Kai, Lay, Tao...Luhan?"

"Yes yes all of them." Yifan said. 

Day after tomorrow is my chance to get into Luhan's office. I need to prepare for it.

"Even this time I'm not really your fiance." I pouted.

Yifan chuckled. "At least you're my girlfriend now."

I stood on my tippy toes and kissed the faint scar on his cheek where he had been hit a few days ago.

"I loathe you, Wu Yifan" I chuckled.

"Why is this our way of saying I love you?" Yifan shook his head but then grinned at me. "I loathe you too, Kim Taeyeon."

He cupped my face in his huge hands and kissed me.
 

I won't let anything happen to you, Yifan. I know it's GYK.
It's GYK who's hurting you. It's GYK who helped you so many years ago.

GYK is the mysterious friend.

I won't let him hurt you anymore.


~



A:N:

Did you guys like the new poster? ^^
Taeyeon's finally trying to find out Yifan's secret...
Now, Who is this GYK?

Subscribe & Comment ^^

Xoxo, Dani~