Say Something

Begin Again

It was a lazy Sunday afternoon and I was walking around the streets of Myeong Dong. The place was chirpy, crowded and made me feel a different kind of happy. I was supposed to meet Yoona at a Cafe here.

Even though it was a Sunday, Yifan had come to Seoul for some work so I just came along with him. I found it surprising that he didn't refuse and offered to drop me to the Cafe too. 

But of course, I wasn't a kid to be dropped off so I told him I would go there myself. I sighed and put the city map I had been holding for so long inside my bag. I walked into the Cafe in front of me and found Yoona sitting in one of the booths.

"Hi!" I said with a smile and sat down in front of her.

She looked up from her phone and smiled. "Oh you're here! Did you come alone? Don't tell me WuFan is watching us from outside."

"Um..." I hesitated a bit. "Yifan and I haven't been talking to each other a lot for the past few days."

Yoona stared at me with her deer-like eyes. "What?"

I bit my lip. "Uh, He has a lot of work, right? So he's always in Seoul and he comes back really late so we don't get to talk much." I fumbled.

It was a lie. Yifan hadn't been talking to me at all. He never came home late and he ate dinner in his room. He saw me everyday yet, only talked to me when he needed something.

I could hear him yelling at someone on the phone every night. It was strange...he never told me a thing about it.

"Ah I see." Yoona said doubtfully. "So, What do you wanna eat?"

"Whatever you're eating." 

Yoona eyed me as I fidgeted with the glass of water on the table. I didn't want to make eye contact with her.

She closed the menu with a sigh. "Did you find out?"

I looked up immediately. "Find out what?"

Yoona closed her eyes . "Tch. That idiot. He should have told you."

"Yoona, Please tell me what is going on." 

"Look...I..." She sighed heavily. "Alright...Taeyeon, I know you're not Yifan's girlfriend."

My mouth ran dry. I should have known. Nothing can be hidden from Yoona...

 I gulped.

"You knew? S-since when?" I asked her with a shaky voice.

"Since the day I met you. I just...you're still my best friend, Okay? But please don't...don't leave Yifan." It almost sounded like she was begging me.

What is she trying to say?

"Yoona...I don't-"

"H-he didn't...I s-swear he didn't want to kill them...It just happened" Yoona couldn't even speak properly.

Kill them?

"K-kill who?" I asked her. I was stoked.

Yoona breathed. "H-his parents...He didn't mean to kill them, Taeyeon."

It hit me like thunder.

Yifan killed his own parents?! 

"You...You mean to say that he killed his parents...Yifan did?" My voice was barely a whisper.

I knew it. I knew Yifan was hiding things from me. But this?! The person who told me the importance of parents..Is a murderer?

"I..." I got up from my place. "I need to go."

"Taeyeon!" Yoona yelled after me, "Please, Taeyeon! You're his only hope. Please, don't leave him!"

I heard her but I couldn't understand anything.

***
I was inside the gates of Galaxy enterprise 2 hours before I was supposed to. I needed to know what the hell was going on. And there was only one person who could tell me

He was a criminal. I'm living with a criminal. I thought he wasn't related to that mafia...but I was wrong. That room in the house...was he keeping dead bodies there?

I shuddered at the thought. 

 Good thing I didn't....we didn't...

I hurried into the reception and took the elevator.

60th floor.

The elevator doors opened and I stormed out. There was a door not far away and a lady dressed formally was standing outside it. Yifan's Personal Assistant. I ignored and tried to walk past her but she stopped me.

"Excuse me, ma'am. Mr. Wu is busy right now." She said with a ever-so-fake smile.

"I need to see him." I tried to push past her but she sure was strong.

"I'm sorry, ma'am. I can't let you go. Mr. Wu does not wish to see anyone right now." She said again.

"Yeah, I bet he's killing more people inside there." I hissed. "Let me go!" 

I tried to tackle her but she didn't even flinch.

"Fine." I huffed. "I'll scream then."

"Ma'am are you-"

"WU YIFAN!" I screamed as loud as I could. "WU YIFAN I KNOW YOU'RE IN THERE!" 

Yifan's Assistant grabbed my arm and pulled me towards the elevator. "Who even let you inside here..."

 "Let me go, ." I snapped and stamped her foot. She yelped and fell down  because of her heels.

Then I ran towards the door and banged it with my hand. "Open the door!" I yelled.

He's ignoring me. Of course he is.

I slammed myself on to the door but it didn't budge. I did it again but it didn't work.
Then I went a few steps back and rammed into to the door just as it opened.

I ran into Yifan and we both fell down on the ground. Me on top of him.

I got up quickly and dusted myself. 

My heartbeat...why is it so fast...

When I looked up, I saw Jung Hyobin sitting on Yifan's table. The first few buttons of her blouse were open and I could see a hint of her bra.

My mouth fell open slightly. Hyobin looked at me and just smirked. 

Yifan got up a moment later. "Damn it, Taeyeon. Why are you here?"

I swallowed hard when I saw that the first three buttons of Yifan's shirt were also undone and he had rolled up his sleeves.

It was obvious what was going on...

I bit my lip to stop the tears forming in my eyes.

"Why?" I sneered. "Did I disturb you?" 

Hyobin scoffed. "You sure did."

"Hyobin, please." Yifan said. " Taeyeon-"

"You can continue what you were doing." I turned around swiftly. "I'll be leaving now."

"Taeyeon" Yifan grabbed my arm "You can't just act like nothing-"

"Sorry." I said quietly. The tears threatened to spill any moment. " I'm going."

Hyobin scoffed. "Look at her! She just barged in, ruined the moment for us and now she's walking away like nothing happened!"

"Ah...That explains things." I said bitterly. "Sorry to ruin your moment."

I yanked my arm from Yifan's grip and ran to the elevator. The assistant didn't stop me.  I thought maybe Yifan would follow me.
He didn't.

I broke down when the elevator doors closed. I felt as though I was living through the same thing over again. Anger was such a strange emotion. It overcame sadness.

And to think that I was falling in love with him...No, Taeyeon...

The elevators suddenly opened at a floor. I wiped my tears briskly and looked away.

"Taeyeon?!" 

The voice was so familiar....

"K-Kai?" I couldn't say anything more than that. He looked surprised to see me there. 

"What are you..." He started but trailed off when the elevator doors began to close. He slipped his foot in between the doors and it opened again.

"I have a favor to ask you." I said when he entered the elevator.

He sighed. "I don't know what's going on between you and hyung...but sure. Whatever you want."

Was he being nice? or pitiful?

"Lend me your car." 

"What? My car?" He responded.

"Yes. Your car. Only for today." I said. "I'll drop it back at SNC."

"Ah..." He sounded as though he didn't want to agree. "Okay...Here are the keys." He handed me a car key from his pocket.

I mustered a "Thank you" and hurried to the car parking lot.

***

I was back at Yifan's house before sunset. Before I knew it, I found myself standing in front of the closed door. I had convinced myself that I would find something terrible there.

I turned the knob slowly and the door creaked open.

I was stunned. The room was full of dirt, dust and cobwebs. It didn't look like it had been cleaned for the past three or four years.

And he told me he 'made' time to clean this place...

There was an old bed and a dressing table round the corner. I took small steps and made my way into the dirty room. There was a large portrait on the wall behind the bed. It had three people on it. A tall middle-aged man looking proud as ever, a middle-aged woman who was probably his wife and then in the middle a small boy only about 10 years old.

It's Yifan's family...

I ran my fingers along the portrait and they were smeared with dirt.

I brushed it off and go to the dressing table. The mirror on it is broken. There were empty perfume bottles lying around and a hairbrush.

I pulled open the drawer and held my breath. There were letters inside it. Yellowing due to the age. I unfolded the letter and read it carefully.

My dear Tessa...

It was a love letter.It seemed to be one. At the end of the letter, a certain sentence caught my eye.

Give my love to Yifan. I miss him so much.

Yours lovingly,

James

"It's a letter from Yifan's father..." I said to myself. "Gosh, it's dated almost 15 years ago."

I read a few more letters. Most of them were from James. He often talked about how much he missed his wife and son. He also expressed a lot of love for Yifan.

Why would Yifan kill the people who loved him so much?

My heart pained to read the letters so I skipped over to the last one in my hand. It was dated about 8 years ago.


Dear Tessa,

        I am so glad that I'm going to be able to join you and Yifan. The business trip was okay. I can't wait to get back home. Yifan told me in his previous letter that he wanted to learn more about the business. I'm pretty sure he is the perfect heir for Galaxy Enterprise. 

      There are some troubles with the Anglo-Korean Mafia but that's okay. I'll manage it. Right now I can' t think of anything else but you and Yifan.


I skipped the other half of the letter and read the last few lines.


      I just want to say that I'm really proud of our son. He deserves to live without dealing with this mess. I hope can create that kind of future for him. But I hope I haven't spoiled him too much.

After all, We love the things that destroy us.

I remembered the silver ring that had been lying on my dressing table for the past few days. Neither did Yifan ask for it, nor did I give it back to him myself.

We love the things that destroy us

My heart felt as though it had drowned in my own blood. There were no more letters after that.
Yifan killed his parents when he was Fifteen...

Fifteen?!

My hands were trembling as I carefully kept the letters back inside the drawer. Yifan is a part of the mafia. That I knew for sure.

Suddenly, I heard the front door burst open. Yifan was back. 

Oh no! What do I do?

I could hear his footsteps. Angry footsteps that were closing towards this room.

He's gonna kill you, Taeyeon.

Without thinking of anything else, I slipped under the bed. The floor was so dirty and the space was really narrow but that was my last chance.

I held my breath and stayed still when I heard him enter the room. I was facing the wall attached to the bed so I could only look sideways.

He walked beside the bed and stopped in front of the wall.

Damn.

The portrait on the wall...there was a trail left by my fingers on it. 

He stood the for a while making me really nervous to watch him. I felt as though he knew I was under the bed.

After a while, he walked to the other side of the room. Towards the dressing table. I didn't shift anything there...maybe.

I heard him opening the drawer. He was probably looking at the letters.

Wait a minute...I don't think I kept them in order...

Yifan was smart. He would definitely figure that out. He closed the drawer loudly and then walked back. His footsteps were fading away. Maybe he went to look for me in my room.

I sighed softly. I should probably run out of the house before he realizes I'm not there.

Wow...I can't believe he didn't realize that I was here

Suddenly, I felt a hand wrapped around my ankle.
And then I screamed.

It was Yifan. He pulled me out in no time. . I was sure that there was no escaping this time.

"I told you not to enter this room." He said darkly. His expression was stone-hard and cold

He yanked me up and then threw me over his shoulder.

"Wh-what-" My hair clouded my vision and my head started to hurt because of all the blood rushing into it.

I closed my eyes and concentrated on my breathing.

He's going to kill me.

Suddenly, I was thrown onto a bed. My bed.

"You stay here." He ordered me. "Until I come back."

Then he walked out of the room and locked it from outside.

I took deep breaths to calm myself. There was no time to cry or to get angry. I promised not to run away but what was going on? I had no clue. I had so many questions but no answers.

And there was only one person who could answer my questions.

Kris

Leader of the SNC.

***

I opened the window in my room and climbed on to the tree branch in front of it. Then I slowly climbed down the tree and jumped to the ground.

I ran to the driveway of the house. Yifan's car wasn't there but Kai's was.

It was 7 o'clock in the evening. As far as I knew, the roads were closed off at around 10 PM.
And only SNC members could access the area.

I got into Kai's car and drove till the toll gate.

This is where it all began...My second chance

I sighed and the air conditioner. It brought back memories from the first time I met Yifan.Then I looked for a weapon in Kai's car. I mean, He was also a part of the mafia so it was possible he would have a gun or something.

I found a pocket knife under the driver's seat. I didn't know how to wield it but I didn't want to die before meeting Kris.

I waited there till it was 10 and then I the engine. 

What if I hadn't met Yifan when I came here one month ago? Would I still be alive? Would I have vanished into thin air?

Well, It was time to find out.

I drove slowly down the road. I kept the headlights on so that I could attract attention. The night was deadly and silent. I was feeling scared for some reason.

When I saw the graffiti covered building, I knew there was no turning back. Two muscular guys came and stood in my way.

There were  holding guns pointed at me. I got out of the car and held my hands above my head.

"Sorry for trespassing!" I yelled sarcastically. "Lovely security you have here."
One of the buff guys came to me and then examined my face.

"You're going to regret this, young lady." He said hoarsely. In a swift movement, he tied my hands behind my back.

"Oh, Am I?" I scoffed. "And my name is not young lady."

"Whatever." He snapped and pushed me along with him. "Hey Axel! Take this one to the grey rooms."

...I hope this Axel doesn't remember me from last time. 

I tilted my head so that my hair fell on my face. He couldn't possibly see me now.

"One more? God, these girls are so desperate to get caught." Axel said, grabbing my arm and dragging me along with him. 

We were inside the nightclub. The music pounded inside my head. The scent of alcohol made me dizzy. People were pushed against me but Axel pulled me before I could push them back.

We were in front a different door. Not the one which said exclusive SNC members only.

Where is he taking me?

He pulled me inside and then walked behind me through the grey corridor. There were many doors there. 

There was a bench on the wall next to the last door. Two girls were sitting there. Axel made me sit next to them and untied my hands.

"Your turn is last." He told me. "You're free to go after that."

When he walked out, I noticed the girls sitting next to me. One of them looked frightened and afraid. The other one was seemingly calm.

"What's going on here?" I asked the calm one.

Suddenly, I heard a scream followed by heavy moans from the room across the corridor .

My blood went cold.

The frightened girl began to cry. "T-they're going to torture us!!"

The calm looking girl sighed, "If only someone had told us not to drive on this road at night..."

"I'm scared, Yura..." The girl wailed.

"It's okay. I'm here, Ana." 

"Could someone please tell me what's going one?!" I said rudely. I didn't want to be rude but I had to.

Yura sighed softly. "They're going to beat us up for trespassing...and then use us."

"What?!" I exclaimed

"Softly!" Yura cupped my mouth. "At least the one in our room is only gonna hit us. The one in the room across is making use of the girls."

We could hear the faint momentarily. 

"Is that even allowed?!" I whispered.

"This is a mafia. Of course they want to kill us." Ana cried.

"We're just gonna get slapped or something and then they'll let us go from there." Yura took Ana's hand. "I pity the girl that is inside the other room."

I shivered at the thought. This was how they were treating trespassers? Girls?

Suddenly, the door of the room across us burst open.

A man came out with a belt in his hand. All of us looked down. 

He laughed menacingly and came towards us. "Which one of you wants to come to me?"

None of us responded. "No one? But I sure do want one of you..."

He stopped in front of Ana who was crying silently. "You. Get up and follow me."

No!

Ana began to cry hysterically. 

The man just glared at her. "Did you not hear me? Get up and-"

"Take me." I said quietly. "Take me instead."

Yura stared at me in horror. "Don't-" she whispered.

"Desperate much?." He chuckled darkly. "Fine."

I took a deep breath and got up. Yura tugged the hem of my shirt and whispered a thank you.

I nodded and followed the man into the room. He closed the door after I was inside. The room was dimly lit and had a disgusting stench. There was only one couch on the corner of the room and another door that probably led outside.

"Well..." He came behind me. "You're a pretty one..." His hand my arm. I'd never felt so disgusted before.

"Where is Kris?" I asked him turning around and swatting his hand away. His hand didn't stop though. It was on my hip now slowly going upwards...

"Kris?" He scoffed "The leader doesn't deal with like you."

"So he let's the ty people deal with us?" I snapped and moved away from him.

The man got angry. "How dare you." He hissed and grabbed my shirt, ripping off the buttons. My bra was on display.

"What? Is it wrong to call you a pathetic, disgusting and cheap creature? " I yelled. "You can't deny that, mister."

He got so angry that he whipped me with the belt. My skin stung but I didn't bother. I slapped him hard. 

It enraged him and he leaped towards me with the belt. In a flash I took out the pocketknife from the back of my jeans and slashed his arm. He yelped in pain and the belt fell from his hand.

I grabbed the chance and dashed out of the door. Yura and Ana stared at me as I ran down the corridor. I could hear him running behind me.

I ran out of the corridor and was met by another security guard. Before he could react, I ran towards the exclusive SNC members' door.

I have to find Kris...

I pushed through the crowds with the pocketknife in my hand. I felt a hand groping along me and I in a breath.

What kind of people are these?!

I was there. I reached the door. 

Exclusive SNC members only.

I pushed open the door and ran down the corridor. Someone was still running behind me.

"Open the door!" I screamed when I reached the door. I don't even know why. Kris couldn't possible hear me or so I thought.  To my surprise, it opened.

The white door with the gold nameplate opened.

And behind it stood Wu Yifan. He din't even look surprised to see me

Then it all came to me like lightening. 

Wu Yifan IS Kris

My mouth fell open slightly.

I was living with the leader of a mafia? 

Suddenly, someone grabbed my hands from behind. It was the security guard.

"Let her go." Yifan ordered him sternly.

"But Sir-"

"I said let her go." 

The security guard let go of my hands. 

"Out of here. Now." He told the guard who walked out of the corridor.

I began to laugh. It was a sickening laugh. It dripped with sarcasm.

"You lying " I hissed. "You-"

He pulled me inside his room and closed the door. The room was dimly lit. There was an office table with a chair behind it. A couch was around the corner and a bookshelf near the window.

He pushed me against the door. Both his palms were against the door on each side of me. I was trapped. I could feel his gaze on me and his face was barely inches away from mine. He leaned down so that we were face to face.

"What are you going to do now huh?" I said bitterly. "Kill me because I know the truth?"

"I've been too nice to you." He said quietly.

"Oh yes!" I said sarcastically. "You're so nice to have people whipping me with a belt and trying to me!" 

His face stiffened.

"What happened, Yif-.... Kris" I finished. "Are you going to try to me too?"

He looked down at my torn shirt. His mouth opened slightly in an attempt to say something but closed quickly.

"So that was all a show?" I felt my voice rise. "You being kind to me...was all fake?"

He didn't respond.

"Kris, answer me? Was it all fake? When you said that you didn't want us to be a one-day engagement, were you lying to me?" I suppressed a sob.

"I guess that's why you were having with Hyobin in your room. Thanks for telling me loud and clear. I was the stupid one who didn't understand." My voice was trembling. 

He closed his eyes and let out a breath. His warm breath tickled my face. 

"Say something, Kris." I whispered quietly. 

When he didn't, I began to cry. 

"Guess what, Kris? I didn't fall in love with a mafia member. I fell in love with a mafia leader." I sobbed. "But you were right. There are no good things in him."

Suddenly, Kris grabbed my arm. It was the same place where the belt hit me so I yelped in pain.

He didn't bother. He pushed me over his table and was on top of me in an instant. My heart pounded in my chest when his face inched closer to mine. 

"You've troubled me enough, Kim Taeyeon." He whispered darkly. "You've only seen the good side of me till now. It's time to reveal my bad side."


~

Author's note:

Hello everyone! New chapter is up!
It's kind of a sad chapter tbh ^^'
But good things await...maybe?
Don't forget to subscribe and comment :D

xoxo,


Dani~