In Your Arms

Begin Again

It had been a week and a few days since I last went to Seoul. The last time being the day I tried to run away.
Yifan never held it against me. And now we're back to normal...I guess.

I was dusting all the rooms in the mansion. Yifan had gone to work so I was all alone in the house. I had cleaned almost all the rooms except the one with the closed door.

I felt really suspicious about it as I stood infront of it. It was never open and I'd never seen Yifan inside it.

Finally, I decided to go inside. My hand clasped around the doorknob and turned it, slowly. I heard a click sound when it unlocked. I pushed it open slightly but before I could push it any further, I felt a hand on my shoulder. 

My hand retracted from the doorknob and I turned around in surprise.

"That room is off-limits." Yifan said, closing the door again. "You really don't want to go there."

I ran my tongue over my lips. "I just...wanted to clean."

A small smile escaped his lips. "Not this room. I make time to clean it myself."

Strange...I've never even seen him in here before

"Besides, didn't I tell you not to do the housework alone?" Yifan grabbed my hand and pulled me along with him.

"You weren't even here! And I was bored..." I complained.

Then I noticed that we were walking towards my room.

"I've never heard of any woman doing chores when she's bored. Really Taeyeon, you are one in a million." Yifan chuckled slightly.

I smiled unknowingly at his statement.

When we finally reached my room I noticed two boxes kept on my bed. 

"What are these?" I asked him, pointing at the two boxes.

Yifan leaned against the door frame with his hands in his pockets. "Find out for yourself."

I narrowed my eyes at him and then the boxes. He eyed me closely as I pulled off the cover of one box.

"Oh..." I said, taking the fabric out of the box. "It's a dress!"

I was holding a beautiful, strawberry-colored, sleeveless dress.

I can't believe Yifan got this for me

"Open the other box." Yifan instructed me.

I gently put the dress on the bed and began to open the other box. There were a pair of heels inside it.

"Wow!" I exclaimed. "Are these for me?!" 

Yifan smiled. "They're for you to keep but I've bought them for a reason."

He walked towards me.

"For what?" I asked him when he was only inches away from me.

When he was close enough, he took my hand in his and looked into my eyes. It was kind of embarrassing so I looked away.

"Look at me, Taeyeon." 

I sighed and looked at him. 

"I want you to be my wife."

SAY WHAAT?!

I  coughed, "Bwo?"

"You heard me right. I want you to be my wife."

I jerked my hand out of his. "Yifan, I'm sorry but I think you've lost your mind. I am not-"

Suddenly, Yifan burst into laughter.

"W-what?" I knitted my eyebrows together.

"God..." He said in between his laughs. "You should have seen the look on your face."

Then he imitating my dumb-struck expression.

I hit his forearm. "It's not funny, okay?"

His laughter died down. "It wasn't supposed to be funny. I'm serious. I need you to be my Fiance."

"Get out of my room, Yifan."

"What? This is my house. And I'm not joking. I need you to act as my Fiance today."

I sighed. "For what reason?"

"My cousin sister's pre-wedding party is today. She's been pestering me to get a girlfriend for the past few months. If you show up as my Fiance then she'll stop nagging me all the time." Yifan explained to me.

"Ah, so I just have to pretend to be your Fiance for today...okay I agree!" I smiled, looking at the gown.

"Tch. It's not like you had a choice." He crossed his arms and walked out of my room. "Get ready by 7 PM."

I smiled to myself. It had been so long since I went to a party. "Alright!"

***

It was almost 7 o'clock and I had finished dressing up and was going downstairs to see Yifan. He was sitting in the living room. 

"I'm ready! " I announced, stepping into the room.

Yifan got up from the couch lazily. "You made me wait so long. I was ready half an hour ago."

I stared at him unknowingly.It wasn't the first time I saw him in a suit and tie but he looked more formal than before.

"Who am I kidding...He looks gorgeous"

"Come on then. Let's go." He walked past me with his hands in his pockets.

While I just stood there with my mouth slightly open. Normally, It's the boy who's in this position...

But of course, Wu Yifan cannot be compared to a normal person.

"Taeyeon!" He called out to me from the foyer.

"Yes yes, I'm coming!" I quickly regained my senses and went to the foyer. 

He was waiting there for me. I couldn't help but notice that his right hand had turned into a tight fist.

"What is it, Yifan?" I asked him.

He sighed once, grabbed my left hand and then held it up.

"What are you-"

Before I had the chance to complete, he slipped a silver band onto my ring finger. It was a very simple ring.

 His face was expressionless as always but his eyes...his eyes could not hide the flicker of pain in them. "It was my mother's. Consider it as a borrowed gift."

I looked at the ring again. "I-I can't possibly-"

"No one will believe you if you don't wear a ring." He left my hand. "It's a sign of our engagement."

"A one-day engagement" I chuckled. 

"Yeah, whatever. Come let's go now. We're already late because of you" Yifan walked out of the main door. "And for the record, you look gorgeous too."

Omo...Did I say that out loud?

***

"Ah! My dear brother! It's been so long." A beautiful lady wrapped her slender arms around Yifan.

We were at a hotel in Seoul. It was a very grand one and very well decorated. The party hall was quite huge and there were a large number of guests. 
Yifan wanted to introduce me to his sister before anything else.

"Cut with the drama, Victoria. We met day before yesterday." Yifan rolled his eyes.

Victoria pulled away from him. "You have that effect on people, Yifan." She said sarcastically.

Then her eyes flickered to me. I looked down immediately.

"This is Taeyeon?" Victoria asked him. "She is so beautiful! Wu Yifan, You're not worthy of her."

Victoria hugged me. I returned the hug as lightly as possible.

"Nice to meet you, Victoria." I greeted her. 

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Taeyeon. I've heard a lot about you from my brother." Victoria smiled.

Yifan glared at her viciously. I giggled slightly.

"Go away, Yifan. I want to talk to my future sister-in law!" Victoria shooed him.

"The hell?!" Yifan objected. "Wait I need to speak to my Fiance."

Yifan grabbed my arm and pulled me close.

"She's going to ask you stupid questions about how we met and all. Try to make it sound as natural as possible, okay?" He whispered. Hid breath tickled my ear.

I nodded quickly, hoping that he couldn't hear my racing heartbeat.

"I'll be keeping an eye on you. Tug your ear if you need any help." Then he let go of me.

"Come on, Taeyeon." Victoria grabbed my arm. "We have a lot of talking to do."

I looked back at Yifan as she dragged me away. He nodded slightly and then disappeared into the crowd.

"So," Victoria made me sit on a couch with her. "On which unfortunate day did you meet my brother?"

I chuckled. "On a very unfortunate day indeed. He gave me a ride back home during a hailstorm."

"Ah..." She picked up two champagne glasses from a waiter and then handed me one. "Sounds interesting...how did you two start dating?"

"Well..." I started

Damn...I don't know what to say!

"They started dating when they unexpectedly met each other again." I heard a familiar voice say. "Nice party, Vic."

In a flash, Yoona was sitting beside me. She smiled widely and clinked her glass with mine. "Hey Taeng"

I took a deep breath in and smiled. 

"Yoona! where have you been all these days? " I half-hugged her.

"Busy with work." She shook her head. 

"You've already met Taeyeon?" Victoria asked Yoona.

"Are you kidding? We're best friends! " Yoona entwined her free hand with mine. 

"I feel so left out." Victoria said.

"Aw, Don't worry Vic." Yoona chuckled. "Honestly speaking, WuFan doesn't want to share his precious Taeyeon with anyone." 

"As if!" Victoria laughed. "He must be such a pain in the ."

"He sure is." I agreed wholeheartedly.

All of us laughed softly.

"By the way Taeyeon, How long have you guys been together?" Victoria asked me.

"Yeah, even I wanted to know!" Yoona said.

I gulped. 

Yoona thinks I'm his girlfriend and Victoria thinks I'm his Fiance...
Yoona probably knows that it can't be more than a month but Victoria would think it's more than that...

What do I say?!

I tugged my ear gently.

"Well, you see, we actually-"

"Excuse me, Ladies. But I need to introduce Taeyeon to a few of my friends too."

I smiled secretly. He had been watching me after all.

"You're such a brat, Wu Yifan" Victoria sneered as I got up.

"Sorry, I'll talk to you guys later! " I waved as Yifan dragged me across the room.

"What happened?" He asked me when were at a far distance away from them.

"They asked me how long...we've been together. Yoona still thinks I'm your girlfriend. If I said about a month, Victoria would've found it suspicious."

Yifan sighed, "Why do they want to poke their nose so much."

"They care for you." I chuckled. "Victoria does."

He rolled his eyes. "Anyway, some of my friends did want to meet you."

He guided me to the corner of the room where there was a small group of guys. About 5 of them.

"Okay." Yifan interrupted their conversation by butting in. "Everyone, This is Taeyeon. Taeyeon, This is everyone."

"Yah, Wu Yifan! Intoduce us properly!" One of the guys yelled.

"Taeyeon Jie?! " Tao exclaimed. I didn't even realise that he was there. "Taeyeon Jie, you okay?"

He sounded so concerned. I felt a pang of guilt in my heart.

"Oh Tao...Sorry for that day..." I apologized.

"It's okay Taeyeon Jie!" He smiled and patted my back. "I should have been faster."

"What?! She already knows Tao?" another guy exclaimed.

"It's not like that, Yixing." Yifan said. "That idiot barged into my house."

"Whatever" Tao rolled his eyes. "Gege didn't plan on introducing us to her, anyway."

The other four looked at Yifan angrily while Yifan gave Tao the stink eye.

"Leaving all that behind...Hello, Taeyeon. I'm Luhan." Luhan held his hand out to me.

"Hello, Luhan." I gave his hand a slight shake.

"I'm Yixing! But I prefer to be called Lay." The dimpled one said.

"Lay..." I smiled.

"Xiumin here! Nice meeting you!" Xiumin smiled.

I nodded. "Same here, Xiumin."

"Honestly speaking, I wanted to see Hyung rot alone for the rest of his life." the last guy chuckled. "Taeyeon, if you change your mind, Kim Jongdae is always there." He winked

I giggled as Yifan fumed beside me. 

"Ah, Suho is calling you." Luhan pointed to another group of guys. I noticed that Kai was among the guys too.

"Maybe they want to meet Jie too." Lay told Yifan.

"Yeah, I told Sehun about Jie earlier. Kai already knew I guess." Tao said.

"Then they must have told D.O, Baekhyun and Chanyeol too." Xiumin said.

"Not now." Yifan took hold of my arm again. "See you guys later."

I wanted to meet those other guys. And I also wanted to apologize to Suho.

They looked at me helplessly as I was being dragged away.

Finally, Yifan stopped at a balcony. No one was there except us. When he let go of me, I walked to the railing and looked down at the bright city lights.

Seoul looks so pretty at night...

Yifan came and stood next to me. We didn't say anything to each other and just admired to scene.

"I want to meet all of your friends..." I said, out of the blue.

"I don't want you to meet them." He said.

"But why? They seem so nice." I asked him.

"Nice?" Yifan spat. "Did you even realise that Chen was hitting on you?"

"It was a joke, Yifan. I'm sure he didn't mean it seriously. Also, I'm not your real Fiance." I  pointed out.

His lips pressed into a firm line.

"Just admit that you're jealous." I smiled. 

"I am not jealous." He looked away.

"You look so cute when you're jealous." I chuckled.

"I said I'm not jealous!" 

"Aww no need to be so jealous, FanFan!"

"That's it." Suddenly, He grabbed my waist and pulled me closer to him. I held his upper arms because of the sudden movement.

"Guess what? You're right. I'm jealous." He whispered softly into my ear. "Maybe I don't want this to be only a one-day engagement after all..."

He leaned down till our lips were only centimeters apart. 

I swallowed hard. 

Maybe I don't want this to be only a one-day engagement too...

"Hyung!!!" 

We broke apart instantly. 

When I looked at Yifan, He was pale as white. Then I looked at the person who yelled at us. He was smirking wildly.

"Chanyeol, take your whiny away from here" Yifan yelled at him 

Chanyeol pouted. "Hyung is so mean! You didn't even introduce us to Taeyeon noona because you wanted to make out with her!"

Yifan's face grew paler and paler...

Yifan glared at him. "Do you want me to kick you out or will you just walk away like nothing happened?"

Chanyeol gulped. "Okay bye Taeyeon noona!" and then quickly walked away.

Yifan didn't dare meet my eyes.

I chuckled. "You shouldn't have yelled at him like that."

He looked at me with blazing eyes. "I just-"

Suddenly, his phone began to ring. He took it out and stared at the caller ID.

"What happened?" I asked him. His face had become stern after seeing the caller ID.

"Excuse me please." He walked off, leaving me alone on the balcony.

I could only stare after him. I stood there alone on the balcony for I don't know how long.

"Taeyeon?"

"Huh" I looked around to see Victoria next to me.

"Where did my brother go?" She asked me.

"Important phone call... I guess" I sighed.

She smiled kindly. "I'm so happy that Yifan found a girl like you. You seem like the person who can actually comfort him and calm him down." Victoria sighed. "It would be a lie to say that he hasn't... done a lot of girls. But I've never seen him so...happy before."

I bit my lip. 

"And that ring he's given you...His mother's ring." Victoria looked up at the sky . " I'm glad that you've accepted him and his past."

What past?

"He loves you, Taeyeon. I can see it in his eyes." 

Tao walked into the balcony in a hurry.

"Taeyeon Jie?" He called out to me .

Victoria nodded and I walked over to Tao.

"What is it?" I asked him.

"Gege had some important work so he left the party. He told me to drop you home."

***

It was  3 AM and Yifan still hadn't come back. I was sitting in the living room waiting for him to come home. I had been fiddling with the ring he gave me. When I took it out, I realized that it had an engraving inside it.

Suddenly, I heard the door open. I ran out to the foyer. Yifan was there. He looked tired and stressed.

"Why didn't you go to sleep?" He asked me quietly.

"I was waiting for you" I said.

Yifan stormed past me. "Go to sleep, Kim Taeyeon."

Is he angry?

"Yifan! Take your ring back!" I said, following him.

"Keep it with you for now. I'll take it back in the morning." He slammed the door on my face.

I sighed. 

Yifan is hiding something from me...I have to find out what.

I looked at the ring in my hand and the ring's engraving flashed into my mind.

We love the things that destroy us

~


Author's Note:

Yay! one more chapter :D
lol maybe I should just bring them together now ^^'
Thanks to all of my subscribers and commentors! 
I love you all 

xoxo, Dani~