[Chapter 2]

Because of the War

 

North Korea

 

*alarm blares loudly*

 

"Usual training session starts in 5 minutes. 5 minutes everyone. I repeat, 5 minutes," the speaker from Eunhyuk's dorm announced monotonously.

 

"Aish, I hate my life," everyone murmured. 

 

Eunhyuk is basically used to all the crap that has been going through his life, ever since he joined at the age of 18. They do that everyday so what else do you expect? 

 

Since they have 5 minutes to get ready, Eunhyuk quickly sauntered over to the shared bathroom, washed his face carelessly, brushed his teeth, and changed his clothes hastily in a rush. He was one of the first people who got finished early standing outside in the cold. This time however, it was not one of their usual training sessions because North Korea's leader, Kim Jong Un came out standing there in the clearing, waiting patiently for the rest to go out. 

 

Once everyone arrived into the opening, Kim Jong Un called out that the first five people who got out early, would receive an extra meal, which included Eunhyuk. The rest of the soldiers sighed and muttered profanities under their breath.

 

The leader then continued and said,"We are going to strike! Beat the weaker Korea up and finish it for good! We will unleash an ocean of fire on the country, and no one will have a clue when it'll hit! We will strive for victory today! North Korea will stand strong forever 

 

"LONG LIVE NORTH KOREA!" The Korean soldiers chanted.

 

Ugh...this is gonna cause trouble...

 

South Korea

 

Being the early bird he always is, Donghae took his daily morning walk in the woods. Before all this dilly-dally training starts, his double happy life appears in front of him when he gets his alone time in the forest. Not that his life in the army is bad, only if the war started again.

 

*Alarm blares loudly 

 

Donghae hurried back to his base camp where all the soldiers lined up. Appeared in front of the troops, were their general or the captain of the South Korean army. 

 

"Today, is a very important week. It's not just a training day. It's an intense training day. If you want to get through this week, then you gotta put your game face on. Hardship opens the door for you. Laziness keeps you inside. Again, if you want to get through this week,  then you gotta give all you've got. Intense training starts today. Thank you." 

 

The captain bowed and walked away in silence while the troops went to their training center to get their instructions. 

 

"First, we're gonna crawl under the barbed wires within 15 seconds. If you don't get there in time, you get to do more of it until you get it right. Then you're gonna climb this rope within 10 seconds. Again, if you don't succeed, then you're doing it again understand? Each of you do this 10 times. I'll give you the rest the instructions later. Okay, start." 

 

Everyone jogged towards their obstacle courses and each did what they were told. Some had to redo the first obstacle and some had to redo the second. By time Donghae got to the second one, a bomb exploded near their base. 

 

"EVERYONE RUN!!!!!" Yelled the captain. 

 

Donghae was so shocked that he couldn't move. Suddenly, he spotted a man hidden in the bushes. Donghae thought that the man looked so...intriguing with his beautiful facial features. They both locked eyes on each other and smiled. Donghae didn't know who the man was nor where he's from. Donghae then snapped out of it and waved a small goodbye and ran away. 

 

"Who is he?"