SEVEN

Like A Star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SEVEN

 

What would you do when you know that you can do nothing to change the fate of the person who means the world to you?

 

Would you continue to fight against all odds?

 

Would you push everyone to their limits if it meant having that slim chance that she could be saved?

 

Would you push her to fight when you know what you know? And see what you see?

 

And witness her pain?

 

I sat beside Dara’s bed with these thoughts running amok in my head. It has been 8 hours when the end of my world began. 24 hours of practically no sleep. But no matter how tired I was. I couldn’t bring myself to close my eyes and rest even for a short while.

 

I’m scared of missing anything.

 

Terrified of waking up only to find her gone.

 

She was transferred to a bigger hospital that was 3 hours away from the clinic. She did not want to go but I begged her. It was better for her to be confined with full time care from her doctors and a team of experts.

 

I have contacted my father & her dad to tell them about my decision. My dad was supportive.

 

Dara’s dad was quiet for a long time, if not for the background noise I would have thought that he dropped the call. But then he sighed deeply and gave his consent.

 

We are not ready to lose her.

 

We will never be ready.

She looked so fragile that it was scary to touch her and disturb her sleep. It was only in her sleep that she can escape the pain. Her temporary reprieve.

 

But I can’t help it, slowly I reached over and gently held her hand.

 

Please let her live longer. Don’t take her away.

 

I often find myself talking to God. I was never religious  but now I can only ask for his help. Beg for his mercy.

 

Don’t take her away. Please let he live longer.

 

Don’t take her away, not like this.

 

Not so soon.

 

The mere thought of losing her is making me weak. It was so hard, I can’t even imagine a life without her by myside.

 

“Jae” she called my name, her voice a soft whisper. She blinked her eyes to adjust to the light. “Where am I”

 

I smiled at her. “How are you feeling? Would you like an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter