This is why I love you ~KAI~

Defining Love, Again (a Sequel)

Junior Year of High School...

 
Miyoung wiped her tears and headed inside her house after disposing her gift. 
"Yah!!!" Her dad screamed at her, "Why are you home so late?!!"
 
Miyoung jumped from his loud tone.
Her father was drunk and at it again. 
"Appa", she said calmly, "Go rest. It's late."
 
"What were you doing out this late? Were you cheating on me again?!!" his voice rang.
Miyoung's father was hallucinating again.
Through Miyoung, he saw her mother (his ex-wife).
She left him after giving birth to Miyoung. She dropped the baby and left. Sometimes he even wandered if that baby was even his. But he'll never know because she's long gone.
 
 Without her, he wasn't happy. He then turned to alcohol to cheer him up but Alcohol wasn't made to heal a person's heart. It only makes him re-live that horrible night over and over.
 
Miyoung started crying again, but this time it wasnt because of her jealousy over Haerim or because of Kai not feeling the same way for her. It was because of her father. She hated seeing him cry for her mother. Her poor poor father. So....she lets him take it out on her.
 
 
"Its okay, I'll never leave you Appa", she says comfortingly and pats his back.
"That's a lie MiSun!" he yells again, "You already left. Your heart is with him. You left long ago!"
 
Miyoung bit her lips so her cries wouldn't be heard. She cried silently and still patted his back.
"Yah!!" her father flung her off violently, "Get away from me!"
 
Miyoung landed on the floor. She couldn't help but cry even more. She picked herself up and sighed, *it's going to be okay Miyoung*, she tells herself, *it will be over soon*.
 
"Leave!!!" he yells.
Miyoung shakes her head, "I won't"
"Right now!!!" he threw a glass bottle at her.
 
"ahh!" she yelled. She dodged it as it hit the wall, shattering into pieces.
She covered her ears and cried even more, *Help me! Please. Somebody, please.*
 
"I told you to leave!" he yelled again.
He looked around for another bottle and reached for it, "Leave!!!"
 
Miyoung was too scared to move. She was shaking with fear all over, "save me..." she begged silently.
 
 Miyoung covered her face and didn't have the power to dodge it anymore. Her father lifted his arm up and threw the beer bottle at her.
 
Miyoung heard the sounds of glass shattering, but she didn't feel any pain. Instead, she felt someone's warm embrace, protecting and shielding her. But still, she was too scared to look up, *who could it be?*
 
 
 
The person grabbed her hand and dragged her out of the house. Miyoung looked down at her hand and noticed the other muscular hand. She gasped and flung the hand off, "Kai!"
 
She turned back to return, "Why did you bring me out? I can't leave him like that!"
He grabbed onto her, "Don't go."
"No!" she squirmed, "I can't leave him all alone. Mother left him, I can't do that to him too! He needs me!"
 
 He turned her around and scolded at her, "How can you be so foolish? You should've left him alone! You're only going to hurt yourself! He could've killed you! Miyoung, you-"
 
Kai saw her tears and stopped lecturing her. 
She was pulling at his heart strings...again.
 
She was crying hard and trembling like a scared child, yet she still wanted to go back there. She was a stubborn and stupid girl but she cared about others so very much. Seeing someone in pain, pains her just the same. This was why he secretly fell for her. She was such an angel.
 
Kai groaned and rubbed his forehead, "Ugh, you crybaby", he smiled at her, "Come here."
He enveloped his arms around her and hugged her.
 
She pushed him away lightly, only resulting him into holding onto her even tighter, "You don't have to do this alone. I'm here for you", he whispered in reassurance.
 
She stopped fidgeting as soon as she heard those words. Miyoung cried even more, "Kai...I'm so scared. I-I don't know what to do. My father is suffering, and I'm just there, I-I can't do anything."
 
Kai patted her back and hushed, "shhh, don't cry."
She nodded into his shoulder yet couldn't stop crying.  She felt useless.
 
 
 
 
 
 
The next morning, Kai bandaged his arm. When he blocked Miyoung, he used his arm to shield his face, resulting in his injury.  But it's okay....everything is okay. 
 
He's been observing her lately and she looks troubled.
She wouldn't tell him things as usual. She didn't smile much. She was just.....expressionless.
But he knew, he knew she wasn't alright.

As long as he was able to take away at least some pain away from her, then everything is okay.

 
He slipped on his uniform jacket and smiled widely to himself in the mirror, "FIGHTING LEE MIYOUNG!" he pumped his fist.
"Oww", he slowly let his arm down, "I shouldn't do that."
 
 
 

 
 
 
 Miyoung woke up with a smile on her face. She walked out of her room and found the house clean. *Appa, must've sobered up and cleaned everything up,* she thought and smiled to herself.
 
"You're up so early today Miyoung", her father said to her as he walked out of his room.
Miyoung smiled, "Good morning Appa."
 
He looked at her concernedly, "Are you okay? Your eyes look puffy."
He apparently doesnt remember anything while he was in his drunken state.
Miyoung smiled, "I'm fine."
 
"Bye Appa!" she left without giving him a chance to ask anything more, "I've got to go."
 
This was why she didn't blame her father. She knew he loved her. He just has his moments where he needs to let his pain out. When he was in his conscious mind, he loved her right just like any father would.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Miyoung held onto her backpack strings and walked happily to the busstop.
"Well, you sure look happy today", Kai commented her as she walked over to him.
"Of course," she smiled.
He smiled back at her and........his heart skipped a beat.