remember?

Defining Love, Again (a Sequel)

 

Miyoung paced around in circles.
She was back at Suho's house,...in Korea.
"I can't believe I'm doing this," she pouted.
 
Miyoung has decided to stay in Korea. 
 
If she had left, Haerim's words will follow her and haunt her everywhere she goes for the rest of her life.
 
 
 
 
 
Flashback

"No, I don't love Kai," Miyoung talked back without thinking twice, "In fact, I don't even know anything about love, so dont be bullting about it to me!"

 
Haerim sighed and blew her bangs, "Okay fine, I see what you mean. I know you may not love Kai anymore," Haerim said understandingly, "But Kai loves you. I don't care if you love Kai or not..what's important is that Kai Loves You," she said with emphasis, "I've told you this at least 10 millions times today.
 I know you hate me, I know you hate Kai too. But we aren't perfect! 
I know I have messed up big time, I've thrown away your friendship for me for a mere boy and in fact, I took him, knowing that you liked him too! 
Kai has never been there for you either because he was with me and never cared to choose you over me. 
So what if I took the boy you liked? I was only a teenager! I didn't know what to do. 
And so what if Kai didn't know how to break it off with me and confess his feelings towards you?
It isn't his fault! Would it have been easy for you? 
We both have messed up greatly towards you, and here's the thing, we are willing to fix it. Why? Because we care about you Miyoung. We're here regretting it everyday! I'm trying so hard to get you to notice us and see our intentions! Even Kai loosing his memory wasn't enough....should he have died in order for you to finally notice us?!
I don't know what to do to please you! I know you have gone through a hard time, I know you're like this because of us, and I'm sorry.
But as much as this has affected you, it has also affected us too. Kai getting into an accident is my fault. I made you leave, I made him this. Can you please, just at least help me undo that?
I never intended this relationship to get so out of hand. But I'm willing to try and fix this... 9 months ago, I told you to run away. Today, what are you going to do, runaway too?"
End of flashback
 
 
 
 
Now if you weren't human, you would've left already. 
Miyoung seeing Haerim like this broke her heart. This was her old friend, her friend who was always innocent and fragile.
 
Miyoung has never hurted anyone, never! So just by seeing what she put her friend through, she finally noticed that she isn't perfect either.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Miyoung took a deep breath, "Come on Miyoung. Nobody's perfect, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't try at all."
 
She stepped out of her room and barged into Suho and Kai's room.
"Yah!" Suho hid behind the closet door, "I'm changing here!"
"Nobody wants to see you anyways!" Miyoung talked back. She walked over to the bed and pulled all the blankets off, "RISE AND SHINE!"
 
Kai sleepily sat up and rubbed his eyes, "What's going on?"
Miyoung grabbed Kai's hand, "We're going to get your memory back, come on!"
 
 
Miyoung was eager to help Kai regain his memory because:
One, She feels bad towards Haerim and wanted to help her not to feel as if everything was her fault.
Two, She wants Kai to remember so she can scold him for loosing his memory in the first place!
Three, She wanted to go back to London ASAP!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Miyoung and Kai waited at the bus stop.
"Okay, here comes bus 72," Miyoung pointed out, "Let's go."
 
Kai followed her obediently.
"See here," Miyoung pointed then sat down in the seat by the window, "In high school, everyday we would always sit in these two seats on this bus after you have basketball practice, remember?"
 
Kai shook his head, "I dont know."
Miyoung groaned and sank down into her seat, "great!" she said sarcastically yet loudly for everyone to hear on the bus.
 
Kai embarrassedly looked around, "I can't believe I have to stick with you."
Miyoung heard and scoffed, "tsk! That's what I should  be saying."
"What did you say?" Kai furrowed his eyebrows.
Miyoung blinked innocently, "I didn't say anything, absolutely nothing."
 
 
 
The bus came to a stop and Miyoung and Kai got off.
"Woah!" Miyoung looked around, "This place has changed so much, they even built a playground!"
 
Kai stuffed his hands into his pockets and looked around uninterested.
 
"This was our neighborhood!" Miyoung pointed, "Gosh, I wished they built a playground here back then! That would've been so much easier, remember when....oh yea, you don't."
"Remember what?" Kai asked.
"Nothing," Miyoung straightened her bag, "Come on, let's go," she continued walking.
 
 
They soon reached these old houses, "Does this place look familiar to you?"
Kai looked around and shook his head, "I don't know."
Miyoung's face fell, "how can you not remember this place?" she muttered under her breath.
 
"Anyways," Miyoung reached out and ran her fingers across the wall, "This was where you used to live with your grandma. She just passed away 3 years ago...remember her?"
 
Kai quickly shook his head, "nope, I don't know."
 
Miyoung hung her head low and sighed to herself, "Well then, do you remember this house?" she said pointing to the small house next to it, "this was my house. We were neighbors since we were around 5 years old. I lived with my father and you lived with your grandmother... Remember?"
 
Kai stared hard and tried to think yet....
"nope, I don't know", he said.
 
Miyoung crossed her arms, "I don't know, I don't know, is that all you can say?! Sheesh."
Kai chuckled at her having a hard time over this while he was just being laid back and chill about everything.
 
The way she smiled when she talked about things.
The way her sweet voice explained things easily for him to understand.
The way she saddened everytime he didn't remember something.
He loved it. He couldn't keep his eyes off her and just kept playing around with her with his "I don't knows" 
 
Something about her just made him feel happy, annoyed, yet comfortable...it was as if he knew her.
Kai shook his head, "Naw, that's impossible."
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


 
Flashback:  Junior Year, High School
 
Kai and Miyoung got off of bus 72.
"Miyoung, I was so good, wasn't I?" Kai asked for the thousandth time, "When I scored that last point, all I heard was people shouting my name! Oh, I can still hear it!"
 
"Yes, yes," Miyoung nodded, "We all know. It was so amazing," she said with sarcasm and rolled her eyes.
 
Kai stopped in his tracks, "Hey, let's go celebrate at the usual place! Just like how we used to when we were little."
"What?" Miyoung gasped, "no, it's late! My dad will be wondering where I'm at."
 
"Why do you care so much about your dad anyways?" Kai talked back, "He's just an alcoholic!"
 
Miyoung socked his arm, "Dont say that about him! You know he loves me," she dusted off her uniform and smiled to herself.
 
"Awe come on," Kai nudged her shoulder, "It'll be fun!"
Miyoung looked the direction where her house was at and sighed, "okay then, since you had your big win today."
"Yes! Now we're talking!", Kai pumped his fist in the air, "Let's go."
 
 
 
It was 8 o'clock and dark. Yet, the two of them walked a long mile to reach to the playground. There was no playground near their neighborhood, so they always came to this one despite the long distance.
 
Miyoung was flying high in her swing.
Kai was drained out of energy due to his basketball game and the long walk, "I'm so tired, I feel like doing nothing."
Miyoung came to a stop and smacked him in the head, "Pabo! You made us come all the way here and now what?"
 
Kai whined, "Hey! I ran all over the court today to score points for my team. I'm tired."
 
Miyoung chuckled at his sleepy face.
 "Jongin Oppa," she called him by his real name. Her tone sounded serious and important, "Since you're tired, let's just talk. I have something to ask you anyways."
 
His eyes widened and he sat up straight.
"What is it?" he asked, "Did something bad happen?"
"What, bad? No," Miyoung chuckled, "Not even close."
"Well, what is it?" Kai gave her his whole attention.
 
"Today Doojoon asked me out-", Miyoung admitted.
"HE WHAT!" Kai blurted.
"Well," Miyoung played with her thumbs, "I don't... I don't know what to say to him."
 
"You haven't answered him yet?" Kai asked in relief.
Miyoung shook her head, "I told him to let me think about it. What do you think I should say?"
 
Kai shrugged the thought off his shoulder and just calmly said "Well, you should get with him then. He had all that courage to come ask you. From a guys point of view, you should just go for it!" He faked a smile. He looked away and saddened, "..or just do what you want," he mumbled.
 
"oh, okay then," Miyoung accepted his advice and flashed him a weak smile.
 
Miyoung leaned her head to the side on the swing and sighed to herself quietly.
*Kai doesn't even care if I go out and date other guys...I wish he rather just tell me to stay single than to send me off* she said to herself.
 
Kai kicked his feet up and started to swing. He looked up to the stars as he swung higher and higher, *please, don't say yes to him* he silently begged.





finally updated!!! ;D 
YESSSIREEEEE! ~June27,2013~