bad liar

Defining Love, Again (a Sequel)

Suho cleaned the livingroom, sweeping up everything that came in his way while Haerim followed behind him with her mop.

 
Miyoung fought out a laugh, "haha!"
"What's so funny?", Kai asked.
"Look", Miyoung pointed, "Don't they work so well together as a team? They should come clean my apartment too!"
Kai looked at her confusedly, "huh?"
"Ugh", Miyoung groaned, "Never mind."
 
"Yah!" Suho rested his hands at his hips, "if you two are just going to sit there laughing, how about you guys start cleaning that other room?"
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Miyoung entered the other room, "Why did we have to clean the messy room? It's going to take forever!", she complained, "And most importantly, my nails are going to chip!"
Kai stepped in after her, "Did you know that you complain alot? even more than me."
 
Miyoung nodded innocently, "Of course I know. After all, I'm Miyoung!", she smiled.
Kai chuckled and sat down on the bed.
 
 
Miyoung kneeled down onto the floor and started tidying up, "Woah," she pinched her nose, "When did you last do your laundry?"
 
"I don't know," Kai shrugged.
She threw him a pokerface and sighed, "It's funny how I keep forgetting that you forgot everything," she laughed at herself. "Oh well," she sighed and went back to work.
 
Miyoung gathered up all the clothes and threw them into the basket. At the same time, her long blonde hair kept on falling into her eyes. 
"Ugh!", she groaned and repetitively curled her hair behind her ears, "Kai, can you help me carry the basket downstairs in a bit."
 
Kai wasn't paying attention to what she was saying. He observed and saw her struggling, *Aish, this girl doesn't know how to take care of herself one bit.*
Without a word, he ran out of the room.
 
Miyoung heard the door close and gasped affendidly, "How dare he leave! Ugh, whatever. You got this Miyoung," she scoffed and went back to cleaning.
 
 
 
She carried the big basket of dirty laundry downstairs carefully, making sure she doesn't miss a step. 
"Almost there," she breathed out in relief.
 
At the last plight of stairs, her footing went off and she ended up falling.
"Woah," Kai ran over and caught her in time, "you okay?"
 
The laundry was now scattered all over the floor and she groaned, "Ugh, no I'm not okay. Look!"
Miyoung made a face to herself, *I have to do this all over again, how pathetic Miyoung!*
 
She curled her hair behind her ear and began to work.
Kai stopped her by grabbing her hand, "Miyoung, I-"
 
"Hey!" She pulled her hand back, "Watch where you're touching me. I'm a taken woman!" she warned him.
Kai held his hands up innocently, "I wasn't trying to touch you!" 
"Then why were you holding my hand?" She questioned. She was stressed with her hair running everywhere and her long sleeves making her extra sweaty and at the fact that Kai didn't want to help her. Therefore, she was letting it all out on him.
 
"Miyoung, I was only trying to give you this," Kai said innocently and placed it in her hand.
Kai went down on his knees and gathered up the clothes into the laundry basket. 
Miyoung glanced down at her hand and gasped. It was a hairband! Just what she needed.
 
Her lips curled up into a smile. She gathered up her long hair and tied it up into a ponytail. Her mood changed drastically.
"Thank you Kai!" she yelled as she threw her arms around Kai's waist, "You're my life savior!" She exclaimed.
 
"Hey!" Kai pushed her away, "You're hurting me!"
 
 
 
 
 
After washing all the clothes, Miyoung and Kai hung them up on a clothesline to dry.
"We're done!" Miyoung cheered. 
Kai rested his arm on Miyoung's shoulder, "finally!" he breathed out in relief.
 
Kai and Miyoung sat down on the couch to rest.
They were so worn out from the whole day.
 
Kai wearily glanced over at Miyoung and he couldn't help but stare at her. She looked so familiar to him. "Hey Miyoung", Kai said out of the blue, "Have we ever met before?"
 
Miyoung sighed, "Yes you fool. Shouldn't you have caught on by now?"
Kai furrowed his eyebrows even more, "It's weird, it's like I've seen you somewhere," he whispered to himself.
Miyoung stood up and stretched, "I'll be back, I'm going to the bathroom", she told him and left.
 
 
On the way to the bathroom, she tripped over a red sweater. "oh, I must have dropped this earlier," she said while picking it up.
 
She held it up and soon recognized it...
Miyoung looked at it disgustingly and threw it to the corner, "I remember crying so much because of this ugly sweater. Aish, good riddance."
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Flashback: Junior year of high school
 
"Miyoung, who are you making yours for?" Haerim asked her.
Miyoung, who was so focused, didn't pay any attention to her.
"Miyoung?" Haerim called again, "Hello? Miiiiiyoung?"
 
"Huh?" Miyoung asked as she looked up "Did you call me?"
Haerim nodded, "Yea I've been calling you for the past minute now."
"oh, Sorry about that," Miyoung smiled cheerily.
 
 
 
 
~the next day~
Miyoung carried her bag and made her way out of class. She was smiling like crazy, she just couldn't wait. Two more days untill Christmas!
 
She knitted a sweater especially for the one and only person she liked, Kai.
Love and Care was put into every stitch and not just that but it was also his favorite color (green).
 
She clutched the wrapped gift closely to her and walked over to the busstop and waited for Kai patiently. 
 
 
 
~1 hour later~
"!", Kai ran over to the bus stop, "she better still be there!"
 
Thankfully she was.
"Miyoung!" Kai called out, "I'm sorry Im late!"
Miyoung's eyes lit up, "It's okay."
 
Kai panted and tried catching his breath.
Miyoung looked at him curiously, "Where have you been?"
Kai answered her question and struck her straight in the heart, "I was with Haerim."
 
Miyoung's heart broke.
She fought out a smile, "oh yea? You look like you had fun."
"mmhmm", Kai nodded, "Look at what she made me!" he ed his uniform jacket, revealing a red sweater underneath.
 
"Wow", Miyoung forced a smiled, "It looks very nice! Jjang!" she raised up a thumb.
"Hey", Kai pointed at what Miyoung was holding, "What's that?"
 
Miyoung's fingers curled up and she held the gift to her even closer, "its nothing", she lied.
Kai's eyes widened, "you're lieing to me. Who did you make that for?"
 
"uhh", Miyoung stuttered, "just someone."
Kai took a step closer towards her, "Is it someone I know?"
 
Miyoung nodded, "sort of."
"Is it for Siwan?" Kai demanded an answer.
Miyoung shook her head, "nope."
"Is it for Minho?" Kai demanded.
Miyoung shook her head again, "nope."
"is it...for me?" Kai's eyes twinkled.
Miyoung gulped and bursted out a fake laugh, "ahhahaaha! That one's the funniest one I've heard today!" she bluffed.
 
Kai raised an eyebrow, "You sure it's not for me?"
Miyoung smiled her sweetest, "it's for my dad."
 
"oh, is that so?" Kai's face fell.
Miyoung breathed out in relief, *phew, that sounds reasonable! He'll get off my back now.*
 
Kai made a face and scolded himself, *Stupid Kai! What made you think she would make that for you? You're just her friend....nothing else.*
"The bus is here", Miyoung broke the silence, "Let's go!" she said as she got on the bus.
 
They settled in the back seat like always.
"Good thing we made it!" Kai sat back and relaxed, "I cant wait for Christmas! We should do something, just you and me."
 
Miyoung ignored him and set her gaze out the window. She didn't want to see him right now. She was hurt and she couldn't yell, she couldn't fight it back, she could'nt do anything but bury her pain.*The gift I made is nothing compared to Haerim's. Of course it was Kai's favorite color but Haerim's red sweater is better. Why? Because it's from the person that Kai likes. And that person is Shin Haerim.....not me.*
 
 
 
 
 
 
That night, Miyoung took the package to the park and tossed it. Tears of anger and jealousy boiled out of her eyes. "Ugh," she scolded herself, "Stupid Miyoung!"
 
Kai picked up the package from the trashcan, "That girl was a bad liar from the start", he smirked.
On the corner of the package, you could clearly see his name printed there neatly.
Merry Christmas Kim Jongin !
From: Lee Miyoung