complete opposites

Defining Love, Again (a Sequel)

"NO!" Haerim screamed and shook her head, "HE LOVES ME! ME!" Haerim repeatedly denied everything.
Haerim sunk to the ground and continued with her crying, "he loves me," she sobbed quietly.

Miyoung shook her head and disagreed, "You don't know what love is..."

Haerim clung onto Miyoungs legs and wept even more, "Please Miyoung, please just go.
I really love Kai. He's mine! He's the only thing I need."


*No Miyoung! Don't cry,* but she fought them for too long. Tears started rolling down Miyoung's cheeks.
*I cant handle this anymore..... It's too painful watching myself destroy both of my friend's happiness.*


"Miyoung-ah, you're my best friend," Haerim continually shook her legs, "Miyoung, please...I beg you."

 


Miyoung wiped her tears and croaked, "Fine....I'll leave."
Haerim looked up questionably at Miyoung "Really? Are you lieing?"
Miyoung bent down to her level, "Haerim-ah, I won't fight with you over Kai."
Miyoung stood up and lent out her hand to help Haerim up, "Get up Haerim, your dress will get dirty."

Haerim frowned and looked at Miyoung questionably, *Why isn't she fighting back? I thought it would've been harder to convince her... I guess not.*

Miyoung looked her in the eyes and answered her question, "I will not fight
with you over Kai, as if he's an object. Cause he's not."


Ever since they were young, Miyoung was always able to read Haerim's face.
From the slightest glance, she could always tell what was wrong.

Haerim's eyes widened, "I wasnt trying to say that he's an object."
"Then why are you claiming he's yours, as if he was your object," Miyoung questioned.
Haerim hesitated, "I-I"
"I love Kai," Miyoung said again, "My love for him is different from yours."

Miyoung opened up the passport and stared at it sadly, "To me, Kai's happiness is my priority, my happiness and my desires are my second...I love Kai enough to give him up. I'm never giving him up for you."

Haerim gasped and started crying even more, "Miyoung.....thank you."


"Don't thank me," Miyoung pursed her lips into a line, "Let's stop being friends."
"W-What?" Haerim's eyes widened.
Miyoung held up her passport, "When I leave, I will have no relationship with you or even Kai... We no longer have a reason for seeing each other."
Haerim shook her head, "Miyong, I don't mean that!"

"Hmm. London?" Miyoung read out loud and laughed, "You must've really wanted to get rid of me since you're sending me out this far."



 

 

 





Kai pounded on her door, "Miyoung!" he knocked excitedly, "I called off the wedding!"

No one came to the door. He frowned, "What the?"
Kai sat down on the steps and called Miyoung's cell phone.

 


~ring~ring~ring~ the number you are calling is no longer in service~
 


He hung up his phone and soon grew scared.
*Where can that girl be?*

"Excuse me," An elderly woman said as she was trying to get down the steps.
"Oh sorry," Kai bowed and moved out of the way.
The women went down the steps and stopped at the last plight of stairs, "Are you by chance, Kim Jongin?"

Kai perked up at her question and nodded, "yes, I am."


"Oh, you're Miyoung's friend!" She acknowledged, "....well here," she handed him a magazine from her bag.


"What's this?", Kai stared at it questionably.


"I'm not sure," she shrugged, "but Miyoung told me to give this to you. She said it was really important."
"Thank you," Kai bowed respectfully to her  as she left.


Kai's hands shivered as he opened the magazine.
"What's this?", he asked himself.
He flipped to the first page and his eyes widened and his heart sank.




"What is Love....."
                         -Article by Lee Miyoung


My friend once asked me, "What is love?"
Now, want to guess what I answered? I told him,  "I dont know."

Through the years, I've never told him what it meant.
But today is his wedding day, I guess I should give it to him now, shouldnt I?


Love? I see it everywhere.
It's what makes us exist...Love.
Without it, your parents wouldn't have ever made you.
Some may hate love, they curse it, they avoid it.
.................But Love is such a beautiful thing.

And, I love him. He was the one who taught me love.
From the deepest part of my heart, I swear I do.
So why aren't I stopping him from marrying someone else?
Because I love him.

His happiness is worth more than a million cars, more than a million rings!
Keeping him by my side is my happiness,...but I cant do that.
I will not hold him back, I am letting him go, letting him find his happiness.
Wherever he may be, as long as he's happy, then I'm happy.

Love is not greedy. Love is Beautiful.
But most of all, Love is Happiness.

 

 




 

 

 

 





4 months later....

Kai stood at the edge of the roof singing at the top of his lungs, with a beer in his hand,
"Careless, careless. Shoot anonymous, anonymous. Heartless, mindless. No one. who care about me!!!!!"


"Yah!" Baekhyun yelled at him from underneath, "Stop that!"
Chen hissed, "Get down, you're waking up the neighbors."
"ANIYAAA!" Kai shouted and sipped on his alcohol.

Suho then strode out of the apartment complex and joined Chen and Baekhyun, "Kai, stop this and go to sleep! It's 3 in the morning."

Kai shook his head and refused to get down.
Baekhyun, Chen, and Suho sighed. Since they couldn't get him down, they joined him.

Suho sat on Kai's left side, while Chen and Baekhyun sat on his right.
"Give it here," Suho grabbed the beer from Kai and drank it down.
Kai growled, "That was mines."
"Woah, Calm down," Chen joked around.

Baekhyun sighed, "Just give it to him. He needs it to fall asleep."

Ever since Miyoung left Kai, Kai wouldn't sleep, in fact he COULDN'T.
He would just sit on his bed and stare into space. For him, Alcohol made sleep easier to obtain.

Chen handed him another one, which calmed Kai down for a bit.

 


...Kai was the most unhappiest person of all.



 

 

 

 



Meanwhile, in London...

Miyoung curled a strand of her "blonde" hair out of her face and typed furiously on her laptop.

"Miyoung!" A voice called and distracted her from her work.
Miyoung turned around to see who it was, "Henry! What are you doing here? I'm working."

He smiled and took out what he was hiding behind his back, a bouqette of roses, "I missed you."
Miyoung chuckled at her boyfriend and took it from him. "I missed you too."


Henry was the most down to earth guy you could ever meet,
he had dirty blonde hair and was a very handsome "white" guy. He was the ideal boyfriend!

Miyoung had forgotten everything that happened in Korea. She changed her hair to blonde,
wore branded clothes everyday, got a job as a Magazine Writer at a new fashion magazine,
and her life was perfect! London was the place that got Miyoung back on her feet again.
London breathed life back into hers.

...Miyoung was the most happiest person of all.