A whole new world

MORTAL

 

Once at Qingdao’s Leader Plaza they head for one of the stores, Lay couldn’t stop looking around him, “look for something you like then we will buy it” Lian told him heading for men’s section, “I like this one” Lay said making Lian turn back and look, she laughed really hard when she saw Lay holding a tinny pink blouse, “that’s for women” she managed to said while taking the piece off his hands and taking him to the right section, “It’s nice” Lay said “Yes it is but it’s not for you” she answered him “I am talking about your smile” Lay said making her stop “what did you said?” she asked him, she couldn’t believe what she heard “I said your laugh is nice, you should do it more frequently”, Lian decided just ignored him and kept walking, when they reaches the section Lian did everything because Lay didn’t know what to do.

After a tired shopping session both of then bought an ice cream, Lay copied what Lian, that thing was delicious he couldn’t handle it and ate it in a second which gave him a temporal headache and fully stained, Lian laughed again before cleaning his face, “Really is all of this new for you or you just can’t remember anything?” Lian asked “both, all this is new for my because I can’t remember anything” he answered, “But if it’s this way how can you remember your name?” the girl was really smart “I didn’t it was written in my stuffs” he lied “Aren’t you worried about knowing who are you or where do you came from or how did you arrived here?” the girl was doing questions even more difficult “No because there should be a reason I forgot everything, maybe it’s better not to remember”, “You are weird” , “been weird is bad for you?”, “No, actually I like it”, “then I like it too”, both looked each other for almost a minute “We should go I’m so hungry that I am dying”  Lian said while she was standing “Are you dying?!, don’t worry I would find some fodd for you!” Lay said distressed trying to find something to feed her, everyone around them looked at him surprised including Lian “easy Yi Xing, don’t worry I am not dying” she eased him holding his elbow “Then why did you said you were about to die?” he asked curious “So to speak, you say that when you are hungry” Lay looked at her trying to understand “and you say I am weird”.

 The way back they took the bus once more but this time he didn’t argued, he just enjoyed the landscape and examined where he should search the mortality. Lay was completely mature, despite all the distractions around him he didn’t forget the reason he was in that place.

Once at home Lian helped him taking all the bags to his room, “Did you have fun today?”, “Yes I did, but could you help me with something?”, “Sure what is it?”, “It’s just that I can’t understand how should I put all this things on me, it’s kind of difficult” he said taking some garments, Lian didn’t stop getting surprised about Lay’s disbelief.

Since that day the next ones were better for Lay, who learned something new every day, Lian and her family felt happy with him it was like teaching a child who marveled even with the most simple thing and because of his simplicity and innocence now unknown for humans.