Into the new world

MORTAL

 

Lay woke up laid on a comfortable floor  inside of an unknown room but pretty warm, he tried to stand up then he felt a terrible headache when  he finally sat he noticed he was fully barely cover with a tiny blanket, he immediately stood up trying to find his stuffs, he finally found them in one of the corners of the room he took a seaweed that So Ho gave him and ate it to be able to communicate with the humans in this place, when suddenly he heard a Women scream at the same time the sound of a door closing was heard.

Lian was going to the room of the estrange guest her father had found laid in the middle of her family’s soy field to take him some old clothing from his father, the guy has been sleeping during almost a day that’s why she didn’t expected to find a skinny pale guy fully standing on the corner, he was giving the back to her so she only could see his back and a really nice , that scared her and she didn’t knew how to react against what she saw so she just screamed and closed the door she started feeling  her body burning with embarrassment, she covered her face with both hands trying to delete that picture off her mind, once she got loose she kneeled down and opened the door slowly pushing the clothes trough the tiny space she was opened, she closed again and walked away crawling slowly until she felt safety and go outside to help her mother, of course her parents didn’t need to know what just happened.

Lay stared how somebody was introducing something letting it on the floor near of the door before closing it once more, curious he approached to look what was that, he took a piece of that unfamiliar for him then he remember what elders told him about how humans protected from cold, the only drawback was that they didn’t tell him how top up it on those things   
that challenge took hi mover half an hour to finally wear them up properly.

From nowhere an elder woman entered the room when he was and smiled at him, “I can see you are already awake, I’m glad well come with me I’ll take you out to take some food, you have a lot of things to explain” she said while they were walking outside the house where he could see other people sitting on a wood scaffold eating, once sitting the woman gave him a cup with rice, it wasn’t unfamiliar to him what was really weird was the way they eaten it, he tried to copy what they were doing but he failed then the woman felt sorry for him and gave him a big spoon it was easier but not too much to feel proud about.

“Woa I’m really rude! I forgot introducing the family, my name is Song Chien, he is my husband Song Yuan and this is our only daughter Song Lian” she introduced all the family.

“What is your name?” the woman asked him. Lay was trying to remember the human name the elders gave him, “Yi Xing” vaguely remembered without being completely sure, “and where do you come from Yi Xing? How did you finished here without any clothe on top? Where is your family?” she interrogated him making him feel awkward “I don’t know, I can’t remember anything” he answered “Mother don’t make him feel awkward with lots of questions you are not a detective” Lian said saving him from the interrogating “I’m so sorry don’t worry you can stay with us until you remember everything unless you don’t like soy because we have a lot of that here every day” she said smiling at him, Lay didn’t know what to say “Woman stop scaring the boy? he has enough to think about until now, well it’s time to work” the elder man said standing up, “May I know where I am?” Lay asked “we are outside Qingdao” Lian answered him “Qingdao?” “Yes Qingdao China”.

“Lian come on it’s late!” a boy with a bike outside the bench screamed, “Chen I’m sorry, I’m coming” Lian answered standing up and rushing to meet her friend to go to school “Goodbye mom” “Goodbye have a nice day”. Well finally we are alone, do you know how to laundry? I’m needing some help you know I have not the same strength I have twenty years ago”.

Lay spent all the day helping the woman with housework, it wasn’t until the midnight when they were sleeping when he tried to find the mortality all over the house except n Lian’s room, for some reason he felt weird near of her, not because she was pretty, for him human looked all the same.

Next day everything happened the same way, he spent the morning helping Mrs. Song and he continued looking the mortality while she get distracted, the elders had opened the portal in this place, they had everything perfectly planned, the only thing they didn’t know was how the mortality fountain looks like. After noon Lian returned from school and when she was saying goodbye to Chen her mother call her attention “Lian so good you are already here, why don’t you take Yi Xing at the city and help him find some new clothes?”, Lay reached her and said “It is not necessary” while he was holding basket, “but what are you saying you are wearing trash and I’m afraid but that’s the things we have that can fit you, also you deserve it “. She looked back to Lian and wave her a credit card “Go ahead don’t lose time” she told them pushing them outside the house without letting them protest, both walked up to the bus station without saying a word, they stood there a few minutes but Lay couldn’t hold the curiosity “What are we doing?”, he asked looking at her, “We are waiting the bus” she answered “What is a bus?” he answered again but this time Lian looked at him surprised “I…it’s something that will take us to the city” Lian was trying to explain while the bus arrived, Lay got shocked by the huge steel thing in front of them while Lian was stepping up it  “Aren’t you coming?” Lay followed her inside, the bus start moving before they could reach their seats making Lay lose his balance so he almost fell down. “be careful buses used to move a lot” Lian said him a bit late. Once on their seats “Why don’t we walk?”, Lay asked, Lian looked at him surprised once more “because is far away from here it could have taken us a lot of time” “I would have preferred running” Lay said when he was starting feeling dizzy but this feeling disappeared when he finally saw the city he could appreciate all the thing he have never seen nor imagined   before, he was amazed with all around him as a child, Lian thought that it was cute and she couldn’t avoid smile.