Hello and Goodbye

MORTAL

 

During the next week the elder unicorns dedicate their time only to teach Lay about how to cross both universes and how to find the mortality.

“At the universe you are going could not be able to use your normal form as an unicorn, all the time you will be on your human form, you will also lose some of your powers but you will have the necessary to defend yourself and open the portal to come back but is very important to remember not to open it until you have the fount with you already, the energy of the portal could advertise the dragons about our plan” an elder told him. “You must be as quiet as possible, take human costumes, became in one of them the success of this mission depend of that” SuHo told him.

“I understand the importance of the situation and I will take the responsibility as is said to comply my commitment or else I will die trying it”.

 “Not just your life is in risk but our specie life therefore you cannot fail”.

 Before finishing his last session SuHo gave Lay a little bag, “These are algae from Ghan river eat one of these and you will be able to understand and repeat any human language you hear, use them well do not waste them”. “Yes, Sir”.

“You will departure when the sun rise at the horizon the energy it radiates will cover a little bit the portal’s energy. Go and prepare yourself and arrive early at the place we already told you”. Obediently he got out SuHo’s place and went to the town with his family, he wanted to see his family but not as much as he wanted to find Kai, he hasn’t seen him in a week, he needed to tell him a lot of things and he wanted to know how Kai is feeling about the situation Lay doesn’t wanted to leave without a smile and support of his beloved friend.

First he went to his house, his father and younger brother Baekhyun were waiting for him, their mother left them years ago. He didn’t stay long time he didn’t wanted that emotions began dominating him. When he was walking out the town Baekhyun reached him. “I know who are you looking for hehas been at the forest near of the old bridge he hasn’t moved from there in days” he told him “Thankyou Baekhyun take care of yourself and from father”, Lay told him before continuing his way but Baekhyun called him again “Good Luck brother!”, Lay jus nod his head smiling at his little brother before keep walking to the place he knew that place he and Kai used to play there when they were younger.

 


arriving at the place he could perfectly appreciate the dark shadow of his friend sat at the edge of the river shined by Moons’s light , Lay sat beside him “somebody told me you wasn’t moved from here, tell me about the pain inside you that doesn’t let you eat or sleep””go away I don’t want to talk with you””fine then just listen; I have no idea what have I done to make you move me away in the moment I need you the most but please forgive me I don’t want to leave knowing that you are mad with me”. “it’s just, you don’t understand, I’m not mad with you could never be even if I wanted, it’s with me with which I can’t  live, I made my best trying to win against you in that competition but you are so good to be beat by someone like me” he explained spitting words full of feelings “I didn’t know you wanted to win this hard, why you didn’t tell me?” “because I didn’t even knew it, it wasn’t until the moment I had to compete against you that I noticed that I hadn’t any chance, I knew you will be the chosen one, that was when I feared for you I noticed I don’t wanted you leave because I feared losing you” Lay looked Kai amazed nobody has never worried about him, then he understood that he would feel the same if Kai will be the chosen one “Stop worrying about me, I promise you I will be back not just alive but with the fountain of mortality”, without discussion Kai just smiled and nodded without been completely convinced. It didn’t pass too much time before the time of breaking down reached, Lay said goodbye to Kai before leaving the place to meet with the elder to open the portal they gave him a bag with stuffs he could need on his journey. Right when the sun came out to show the first sunshine, the portal was open, Lay was about to get in there when Kai shout him suddenly  making him stop “Lay be careful” Lay nodded and smiled before finally leaving his home to find another universe completely new for him. Lay found himself been pulled quickly to somewhere he couldn’t describe he was feeling very weird he could felt how he was loosing his natural form even more to convert into a human just before arriving to the other side of the portal and notice he was about to fall from a very high place so he couldn’t avoid hitting with the ground extremely har so he lost his mind without position nor knowledge of his own body or mind.