Chapter 8

Candidus Academy: Angel Tainted

 

                Taemin woke up and had to take a few seconds to remember that he was in the hospital. His hands went to his stomach and his eyes burned with tears again, he didn’t even get to say ‘I love you’ to his baby before he had to say good bye. A doctor came in and looked over Taemin’s vital before telling him that he can leave whenever he feels ready. He was handed the bill and his eyes widen, the total with the minor surgery and the cost of staying one night was $875, he didn’t even know where he was going to get that kind of money.  There was no way they were going to let him leave no matter how sympathetic they were, so the only choice Taemin had was to use Changmin’s card.  By the time he got home, it was near lunch time. He looked through the fridge and made himself a simple sandwich and salad; the doctor said that since he just had a miscarriage, it’s better to eat healthier to regain his energy.

                Taemin started to feel lonely, he would love it if Key and Luna were here, but seeing them would probably remind him of Minho. He began to think about his times with Minho, how he would gently caress his skin, light kisses, passionate kisses and how would feel inside him. Taemin felt his cheeks get warm and tried to stop thinking about it.

                “Taemin, stop thinking about him, he doesn’t love you. He probably got tired of you and is on to the next toy” Taemin began to cry, he didn’t want to share Minho with anyone else. He knew that Minho would never love him back; it was just his childish thinking. Taemin dried his tears and went to clean up; he stayed in the hospital and didn’t have a chance to shower. After he finished dressing, he left the apartment to get a little walk; some fresh air would clear his mind.

                Back at Minho’s house, it was silent despite Minho being home. He had stayed at home and was sitting in his room. Changmin tried to talk to him but all he said was to give him some time alone. Key and Jonghyun came over to see if they could do anything.

                “He’s been like this ever since he found out that Taemin had left, if only he had told Taemin his true feelings then it wouldn’t have come to this” Changmin sighed, he thought back to how Minho was crying. The first time he saw him cry was when he found out his parents had died, ever since then, he hadn’t cried for anything. Taemin must mean a lot to him to make him break down like that.

                “So my baby really has feelings for that stupid frog, why couldn’t he just live with umma? Why did he have to run away from home? Who knows where he is right now?” Jonghyun tried to comfort Key, ever since that incident, he wanted to protect Taemin as much as Key did and it made him worry about his health and safety.

                “Key, I think Taemin’s fine. If something did happen to him, I’m sure the police would’ve contacted us already” just then the phone rang and Key’s face turned pale, he gripped Jonghyun’s hand as Changmin went to answer it.

                “Hello? Yes this is Shim Changmin. You said there was an amount taken today that was unfamiliar? What was it for? I understand, I lent my card to a friend and he got into an accident so that’s where the bill came from. Thank you for notifying me” Changmin hung up and turned around only to see Key glaring at him.

                “I know you are hiding something. You never lend out your card to anyone and suddenly you get a call from the credit card company? I know it has something to do with my baby!” Key grabbed Chang min’s collar and pulled him close. He gulped; he had never seen Key this angry before. It didn’t even come close to when Key drove to his favourite outlet and found that it was forever closed, he thought that was the scariest but nothing could compare to the fear that he had now. Changmin knew that Key was always sharp but not this sharp.

                “Hyung, I think it’s better if you tell Key what happened, when he gets into a certain mode, even I can’t stop him” Jonghyun patted Key’s back and tried to calm him down. He always found it really y when his Key gets pissed, it was like those times when he was dominating in bed and it would always bring Jonghyun intense pleasure.

                “Okay, okay, just don’t tell Minho and Jongin what I’m about to tell you. I actually know where Taemin is. The night he left, I offered him a place to live and gave him my card so he wouldn’t have to worry about money problems. Just now, I got a call from credit card Company stating that there was approximately an $800 bill from the hospital; it was from the card that I gave to Taemin. He lives across town in one of the building that I own; it was the safest place and easily accessible place for me to contact him. I might as well bring you guys there since you guys are probably going to follow me anyways” Key finally had a smile on his face and Jonghyun entwined their fingers again before following Changmin out to the car. They didn’t even notice someone was standing at the top of the stairs, listening to every word that was said.

                Taemin had just gotten back from his walk and decided to take a little nap, maybe it was because of the incident, and he felt tired even though he had just woken up four hours ago. He was about to walk into the bedroom when he heard a knock on the door. No one knows he’s here except for Changmin so he didn’t even check who it was before opening the door, Taemin froze when he saw who it was.

10 minutes ago

                Minho knew about this building that Changmin owns, he was the one who lent Changmin a portion of the money to have it constructed in the first place. The drive should’ve taken 30 minutes, but with the way he ignored the lights and speed limit, he was there in less than 20 minutes. Minho stepped into the elevator and was about the press the floor when he realized he didn’t know which floor Taemin was living in.

                “Think, Minho! Think! What floor would Taemin pick?!” Minho stood there for a few seconds before realizing something; he quickly pressed a button and felt the elevator moving. Once the door opened, Minho ran down the hallway and looked for the right number.

718

                How could Minho forget the birthday of the person that he loves? It was the first few information he saw when he looked over Taemin’s papers. Minho raised his hand and was about to knock when he stopped. What if Taemin didn’t want to see him? What if Taemin had hated him for cheating on him? Minho decided to take a leap of faith, even if Taemin did hate him, he would try his best to win his heart back. Minho’s knuckles connected with the hard surface of the door and the sounds echoed throughout the whole hallway. He waited a few seconds which felt like an eternity when he finally heard the door crack open.