Chapter 20

Candidus Academy: Angel Tainted

A/N Hey guys, I am terribly sorry for disappearing for such a long time, almost 2 years I think! I lost my motivation to write after I found a new job and the job didn't really help. Finally I read all the comments all you guys left for the story and I realized that I should not give up and for 2min, I should continue writing the stories until the very end. Updates may be slow but I promise you, I will do my best to finish all my storeis that I have going on. Please be patient and I will try my best. Thank you for always supporting my stories and for still being there after 2 long years. The new chapter may not be the best but hopefullly you will enjoy reading it. 

 

As the sound of the ambulance rang out as they arrived at the hospital, there were already doctors lining up with a stretcher ready for Taemin to be brought into surgery. Minho wouldn’t let go of Taemin’s hand until they had to restrain him and Minho watched as his love one disappeared behind closed doors.

                “Hyung, would Minnie hyung be okay? Was it because of me that Minnie hyung got hurt?” Kyungsoo cried out as he tried to wipe his eyes.

                “Don’t be silly Kyungsoo. It was the bad guys that hurt Minnie hyung, not you. You are still a child, this had nothing to do with you” Kyungsoo continued to cry as Jongin held his hand.

                “Kyungie, don’t worry. Minnie hyung would be okay; he always is and will forever stay by Jongie’s side. He loves us, he wouldn’t leave us” Minho watched as Kyungsoo cried on Jongin’s shoulder. It appears that ever since Jongin had found someone he had cared for, he seems more mature and caring.

                After an hour or so, the doctor came out and immediately, Minho went to his side and asked him how was Taemin’s condition.

                “The bullet didn’t injure Mrs. Choi too badly. It just grazed his sides but we managed to stop the bleeding before the blood loss could harm the fetus” Minho froze at what the doctor said.

                “T-The fetus, doctor? So you’re saying that he’s pregnant?” Minho could feel his heartbeat quickening; he shouldn’t have allowed Taemin to come with him.

                “That’s correct. We did an ultrasound on him to check for any other damages to his body and we found the results, we also ran some test to make sure and that’s why it took a few minutes longer. Other than that, Mrs. Choi should wake up as soon as the anaesthesia wears off. Just a quick reminder, his wound isn’t deep but it takes time to heal. Tell him to take it easy and after a few days, he should be able to take the bandages off” Minho nodded and thanked the doctor before going back to Jongin and Kyungsoo.

                He was about to give them the good news until he saw that both of them had fallen asleep. Kyungsoo was resting his head on Jongin’s shoulder and Jongin was resting his head on Kyungsoo’s. It was actually quite heart-warming to see them resting after what has happened today. It’s was good that both of them were quite tiny, especially Kyungsoo, so he carried the both of them to Taemin’s room and gently placed them on the couch. He walked over to Taemin’s bed and took his hand.

                “Minnie, can’t believe both our wish came true. There is another bundle of joy growing inside you right now” Minho gently kissed Taemin’s hand before placing it back under the blanket. It was after 2 hours that Taemin had woken up. He looked around him and was confused as to where he was until he saw a doctor and nurse standing beside him.

                “You’ve finally awoken Mrs. Choi. It appears the anaesthetic had a longer effect on you than we thought. Your husband went to the food court with the two children so they should be back shortly. Now, I want you to stay calm and listen to what I have to tell you” Taemin nodded as he tried to sit up but the pain from his side prevented him from moving too much. The nurse came over and adjusted the bed so he could sit more properly.

                “Even though it hasn’t been too long, we found out that you are pregnant Mrs. Choi. It is still too early to tell since you had a miscarriage before, but if you try to be careful with everything you do and take all the vitamins we are going to prescribe you, we believe everything is going to be fine” Taemin began to tear up. He couldn’t believe there was another little being growing inside of him.

                “So I’ll just have to be extra careful and come for regular checkups and we should be fine?” Taemin’s hand unconsciously went to his tummy. After what had happened before, he would do everything in his power to protect his child. Taemin’s thoughts went to how Minho would react once he hears the news.

                “We can only hope for the best but we will do everything in our power to keep you and your baby healthy. From now on, no more stress, extreme exercise, or putting yourself into dangerous situation like today. As long as you come regularly for check up, we will do everything to prevent another miscarriage.” Taemin nodded as the doctor explained to him what is happening right now. He understands that everything the doctor is telling him is for his and the baby’s benefit.

                “I understand doctor. I will keep myself away from harm and healthy. Thank you so much, I will put both our lives in your hands.” Taemin smiled at the doctor and gently rubbed his tummy again.

                “Does my husband know? I want to give him a surprise.” Taemin asked but the doctor said Minho was already informed before he had woken up.  Taemin pouted, he wanted to give Minho a special surprise. After making sure that he wasn’t in any pain, the doctor and the nurse left the room. Taemin closed his eyes and began to imagine how their baby would look like. Big eyes, adorable button nose, and supple puffy cheeks. Taemin could feel a smile growing on his face as his imagination went a bit wild. Before his imagination could get the better of him, he heard the door open and felt two small bodies land against the bed.

                “Hyung, are you awake?” Jongin lightly tapped his hand, waiting for a response. Minho could tell that Taemin wasn’t actually sleeping but the two younger ones didn’t need to know that. He watched as Jongin and Kyungsoo continued to poke and tap Taemin, wanting to wake him up. Minho walked over and gave Taemin a light kiss on the forehead.

                “Wake up Minnie, Jongin and Kyungsoo won’t stop if you don’t wake up” Taemin giggled and opened his eyes.

                “Did you guys miss me?” Taemin tried to sit up and winced as his side was starting to throb. Minho immediately went over and adjusted his posture so he could sit up more comfortably.

                “We did hyung! All we saw was blood and then you fell asleep! I thought you weren’t going to wake up but Minho hyung’s kiss broke the curse! You really are a princess!” Minho chuckled as he saw Taemin’s face turn red at Kyungsoo’s words. Jongin nodded his head in agreement.

                “You are like sleeping beauty and hyung is your prince.  If something happens to you kyungie, I will kiss you awake!” Jongin hugged Kyungsoo tightly while the smaller one reciprocated the action. Taemin cooed at the scene in front of him. It was then he remembered what happened to Kyungsoo’s parents and looked at Minho, the same thought going through both their heads.

                “Kyungsoo, your parents are no longer here. Do you know if you have anyone else to go to?” Minho gently asked Kyungsoo and knelt down to his level. Kyungsoo wasn’t dumb, he knew that his parents are never coming back but he shook his head and tried to stop the tears from falling but failed. Jongin carefully wiped the tears away and held tightly onto Kyungsoo’s small hands.

                “It was always the three of us, umma, appa, and Kyungie. No one ever visited us.” Taemin sighed sadly. It was just like Jongin and himself before Minho came into their lives. Taemin touched Minho’s hand to grab his attention.

                “Hyung, can we take Kyungie in? I don’t want to leave him in an orphanage or foster home. Who knows what’s going to happen to him. Besides, Jongie seems to really like him and he is really adorable.” Taemin eyed the two kids as they both whispered something to each other and quietly giggling.

                “I’m sure we can do something about that. In the meantime, I can prepare a room for Kyungsoo to sleep in or he can sleep with Jongin if they want to. We will need to follow the proper procedure and see if we can adopt Kyungsoo into our family to ensure that no one takes advantage of him again.” Taemin looked at Minho who was thinking so deeply. That was one thing that he loves about the older, he always know what to do and always make him feel safe.

                “You should get some sleep Minnie. I’ll bring Jongin and Kyungsoo back to our house first and will come back once everything is settled. Don’t worry, get some sleep and I promise you I will be here when you wake up.” Taemin smiled as he nodded his head and gave both Jongin and Kyungsoo a kiss on the foreheads before letting them leave the room. The two youngest didn’t really want to leave but after a few persuasion of sleeping in the same room and ice cream, they reluctantly left the room with Minho. Taemin sighed, it seems like all the nightmares that has been happening is finally over. With all that had happened, Taemin didn't remember that he forgot to speak with Minho about the baby.