Chapter 6

Candidus Academy: Angel Tainted

 

                Taemin had just arrived home and Changmin came out and carried him inside. He gently placed him on the bed and placed the covers on top of his body.

                “Chang min hyung, please don’t tell Master that I’m hurt, I don’t want him to worry” Taemin felt the tears flowing down his cheeks and wiped it away, he didn’t want to trouble anymore people.

                “What happened, Taemin? I thought Minho was always by your side, how could he let this happen?” Changmin saw Taemin as a little brother so it pained him to see him lying there like this.

                “Sorry hyung, I don’t want to talk about it. If Master asks for me, please don’t let him see me like this, tell him that I’m sick or something. I don’t want Jongin to see me like this too, it would make him sad” Changmin nodded and told Taemin to get some sleep and he’ll get the maid to make him some food since he missed lunch because he was looking for Minho. After a few hours, Taemin woke up and he saw a tray of food by his bedside, he finished them and took the pain medicine before falling asleep again. When the guy slapped him, his head must’ve knocked against the wall, his head and cheek was throbbing right now. Downstairs, Jongin had just come home and was about to run into Taemin’s room after hearing that he was in his room but was stopped by Changmin.

                “Jongie, your hyung is sick right now. Don’t you want him to feel better? Then he needs to sleep a lot and we can’t bother him. Come on, Changminnie hyung will play with you” Jongin pouted but allowed Changmin to bring him downstairs, after a few minutes, a huge smile was on his face as he played a video game and Changmin was letting him win every game. Pretty soon, Minho had come home with no knowledge that Taemin was resting upstairs.

                “Changmin, where is Taemin? He wasn’t in school after lunch, did he come home?” it might be because he’s been with Minho for a long time, Changmin felt that something was off. There was something different about the way Minho was saying Taemin’s name.

                “He felt sick during lunch so he came home. He’s in his room sleeping after taking medicine, even though you’re above me, I am still your hyung so I am telling you to stay away from Taemin tonight. He doesn’t feel well so I don’t want him to give you whatever he has” Minho was about to protest but seeing how Changmin used his hyung stance, it would be best to follow his orders and not rebel. That night, both Jongin and Minho went to sleep alone, only Changmin was allowed to enter room. He brought some cream for his bruises and more medicine for the pain, Taemin looked so vulnerable and innocent right now, it’s just breaking Changmin’s heart to know that someone would do this to him.

                “Please Taemin, tell me what happened. It’s worse if you keep it inside, tell me and I could probably help you” Taemin knew that Changmin would really be able to help him so he told him what happened. By the end of it, Changmin was shaking in anger, how could Minho just leave Taemin alone? He was almost in the washroom!

                “Taemin, we have to tell Minho this! What if those guys come back and try to finish the job? You need Minho protect you” Taemin shook his head; he didn’t want to bother anyone anymore. If Minho didn’t want him anymore, it didn’t matter. What matters the most now was that Jongin wouldn’t have to live on the streets and be able to continue to go to school.

                “I think Minho’s gotten tired of me, I think it’s better if I leave him alone, but please I beg of you! Please let Jongin continue to live here, I don’t want him to suffer. Please hyung, promise me that you’ll take care of Jongin” Changmin didn’t understand, last time he saw them, they were playing around at the dinner table and suddenly Taemin said he wants to leave.

                “Why do you think Minho doesn’t want you anymore? Did you even ask him?” Taemin shook his head, he didn’t have to. Changmin sighed; he knew there was no other way to convince him otherwise so he promised that he would take care of Jongin.

                “I have a little apartment on the other side of the city you could live there. You don’t have to worry about rent and here, take my card just in case you need to do groceries” Taemin tried to refuse but Changmin forced him to take it.

                “If you want to pay me back, write me a letter every week telling me how you have been. I see you as my little brother, Taemin. Besides, I need someone to look after it so that’s your job from now on. When are you leaving?” Taemin decided to leave tonight, when he was alone in his room, he had already packed his luggage and was just waiting for Changmin to come to his room.

                “Before I leave, let me say goodbye” Changmin said he’ll wait for him downstairs and left Taemin alone. He first went to Jongin’s room and saw his little body sleeping on the bed. He bent down, pressing a kiss on his forehead, pulling the covers up before leaving the room. Next, he went to Minho’s room, he made sure he was deep asleep before daring to step in. Taemin hesitantly walked towards Minho and kneeled beside his bed. He gently touched the hair from Minho’s eyes and looked his eyes, just before he left; he leaned down and lightly kissed his cheek. Taemin felt tears flowing down his cheeks and quickly wiped them away before running out the room. Little did he know, he missed one and it fell onto Minho’s hand.

                “I’m ready to leave hyung” Changmin nodded and carried Taemin’s luggage into the car, he watched as Taemin’s eyes lingered at the house before stepping into the car. The drive took about 30 minutes and they stepped out, a tall building was facing them.

                “Hyung, which floor are we stopping at?” Taemin looked at the buttons and there were a total of 10 floors.

                “It doesn’t matter, I own this whole building so you can choose” Taemin’s mouth dropped, there were probably over 200 units here and it all belonged to Changmin.

                “Why is it all empty? Why don’t you rent it out to people?” Changmin chuckled as he saw Taemin’s expression as he got off the 7th floor and looked around.

                “I was planning to rent it out later this year since it just finished last month, I guess you’ll be the very first resident here” Taemin smiled at he stopped at a certain door, 0718.

                “It’s my birthday hyung, July 18th” Changmin opened the door and they stepped in, there was a small couch, tv and a bed already in the apartment.

                “Do you have furnitures in all of the units?” Changmin shook his head.

                “I was hoping that you would pick this one so I already told people before we left to move some of the furniture from the model unit into this one. Don’t worry, everything’s new” Taemin giggled as he took a little tour, it was just his style.