Chapter 1

Candidus Academy: Angel Tainted

 

Taemin, an innocent boy of age 16 was walking home after going to numerous places trying to find a job. His parents died 6 months ago and he had been trying to survive with his younger brother, Jongin. He was only 8 so he still needed to go to school, but with barely enough money to buy food, Taemin usually had to skip lunch and sometimes dinner. By the time Taemin got home, his brother had just finished his homework and was waiting for Taemin to cook him dinner.

                “Hyung, what’s for dinner tonight?” Taemin looked at Kai and ruffled his hair, even though he was only 8 years old, he knew that their parents are gone.

                “Sorry Jongie, for dinner tonight we only have two slices of banana bread. Hyung promise tomorrow I’ll get you something good, ok?” Kai nodded and the banana bread, he placed the other slice back in Taemin’s hands.

                “Hyung, we can share. Jongie likes to share food with Taeminnie hyung” Jongin took a big bite out of his piece and went off to play. Taemin looked at the bread in his hand and slowly raised it up to his lips. He felt so useless that he couldn’t even give his brother a normal meal. If only his parents didn’t die then he wouldn’t have to drop out of school. He looked at the mail and saw that most of the bills were almost due, and then the last one finally broke him down.

                It was an eviction letter, they have one week to pay the rent or they would be forced to leave. Taemin sat down on the chair and began to cry, they had nowhere else to go. Before Taemin had an aunt that used to love them very much, but once Taemin asked if they could move in with her, she kept on making excuses and in the end avoided all contact with them. Taemin couldn’t blame her, who would suddenly want to take in two kids that wouldn’t be able to help with anything. Before going to sleep, Taemin ripped his piece of banana bread in half to give the other to Jongin for breakfast tomorrow. He took one last look at the newspaper and he froze. He had missed one listing since it was surrounded by all these other ads that Taemin would like to ignore.

Tutor wanted

                                                 Candidus Academy

Salary: $150,000

If interested, please contact xxx-xxxx

 

                Taemin wanted to jump for joy; he still had one more chance. Back when he was still a student, he was the top of the class and teachers always wondered why he didn’t enrol into Candidus academy. He quickly snipped out the article and wrote down the number on a piece of paper. Candidus academy was the most prestigious schools out there, they only accept the best of the best, but Taemin had heard that some rich parents would help their children buy their way in. He didn’t mind as long as he gets paid and would be able to feed his little brother.

                The next day, Taemin woke up early and gave Jongin the half of banana bread that he had saved, he sent his brother to school with some bread and little amount of jam that he had. He didn’t have to worry about him since everyone at school thought Jongin was cute, especially the girls. Every lunch they would share their lunch with him so he wouldn’t starve. After sending him to school, Taemin rushed in and called the number.

                “Hello? Yes I saw the listing on the newspaper and I’m interested. You mean today? Ok, I’ll be there at 11:00” Taemin hung up and wanted to scream for joy. The person on the other line told him to go in for an interview, Taemin looked at the clock and it was 8:30. He estimated the walk to be around 45 minutes so he immediately ran to take a shower and tried to find an appropriate for an interview. Taemin found a simple blue blouse and black fitting dress pants that his parents had bought for him. He looked in the mirror and thought about his parents, Taemin tried to control himself and went to get the documents, school reports and such. When Taemin left the house, it was almost 10:00, it was better to be early and make a good impression.

                After walking for half an hour or so, he looked around the houses and saw that it was nothing like his. Everything looked like mansions and Taemin was pretty sure he saw a pool in one of them. When he found the appropriate house, he stared at it. It was easily the biggest house on the block; Taemin went up and rang the doorbell. Someone opened the door and Taemin immediately bowed.

                “Good morning, my name is Lee Taemin and I am here for the job interview” Taemin looked up and saw an older man.

                “Hello Mr. Lee, please follow me and I’ll bring you inside” Taemin nodded and followed the man; he looked around and saw maids and butlers running around cleaning and getting the food ready. Pretty soon Taemin was led to a room, the man opened the door and Taemin was surprised. There were almost 20 people waiting inside, he stepped in and the door closed. Taemin walked towards the groups of boys and they all greeted him.

                “So you’re here for the interview also right? Have any of you seen who’s the student?” all of them shook their head, they were just shown into this room and that was it. They all continued to talk and Taemin started giggling since someone was telling them a joke, suddenly a voice was heard over the speakers.

                “Please line up in a single file please” all the boys stopped talking and slowly stood in line. After a few minutes, someone came in and walked towards them. The mysterious man walked behind them and slowly observed them, Taemin heard the footsteps getting closer and closer, suddenly he felt someone and squeeze his , making him squeak out. Taemin wanted to turn around but before he could, blindfolds were placed over their eyes. They were all led to different room and when Taemin had his blindfold taken off, he was in an office. Standing in front of him was a man in a suit; he was smiling warmly at Taemin and offered him a seat.

                “Do you know why you’re here, Mr. Lee?” Taemin looked around the room; it looked like a normal office but almost twice as big as his living room. He nodded and said it was for a tutor positions. The man smiled and handed Taemin a contract.

                “My name is Shim Changmin and I’m the young master’s assistant. He had just chosen you to be his ‘tutor’ so once you sign the contract, you can get started right away” Taemin didn’t even bother to read to contract before signing his name onto every page. Changmin then went to the built in rooms and took out an outfit, he handed to Taemin and watched his expression as he examined it.

                “Why am I wearing a maid outfit?” Taemin thought he had given him to wrong one but Changmin just gave him several more of the same style outfit.

                “This is going to be your uniform, as stated in the contract; the ‘tutor’ job was in fact to help young master relieve his ual frustrations so he would be able to focus on school. That is your job from now on” Taemin couldn’t believe it, how did he get tricked into this?

                “Sorry, but I don’t think I would be able to take this job” Taemin dropped the uniforms on the floor and was about to walk out when Changmin stopped him.

                “I think you didn’t read the contract properly, Mr. Lee” he showed Taemin the contract and there was a fine print.

 

                Job description:

·         ‘Tutor’ is required to attend Candidus Academy with student.

·         Relieve master’s ual frustration

·         Follow master’s instruction and let him dominate your body

·         in public places may be required

o   Examples: classroom, washroom, cafeteria

·         If refusal after contract is signed, a fine of $500,000 is required

 

Taemin’s eyes widen, how could he not read the contract before signing it?!

                “If you want to leave, fine, but please have $500,000 ready for tomorrow” Taemin wanted to cry, he couldn’t be in debt, and he already had no money to pay for rent and food.

                “I know the situation that you’re in right now Taemin, if it helps, you could move in with your little brother. All you have to do is to follow young master to work every day and help him ‘solve’ his problems” Taemin had no choice but to agree to it, he didn’t want Jongin to be taken from him because he couldn’t provide for his little brother. He was the only family he has left.

                “So basically I’m a slave now” Taemin pouted and he started to cry, he didn’t expect his life to turn out like this.

                “Don’t think of yourself as that, for someone like you to be chosen by young master is a great honour. Not that you’re not cute or anything, I think everyone here’s going to find you adorable, I suppose that is what young master wants, someone adorable and innocent. I saw your information and I assume you’re still a ?” Taemin nodded, the only time he had contact with another boy was holding hands, and that was it. He didn’t even have his first kiss yet.

                “I’ll have someone drive you home, just pack whatever’s important and we’ll pick up your brother along the way” Taemin nodded and followed a butler who had appeared at the door. Taemin got into the car and watched as the houses changed from mansions to his normal looking ones, he got into the house and took out two suitcases, he just packed simple clothes and most importantly a family photo of the four them. It was taken 2 months before their parents left them, Taemin looked at them and for once was glad that they weren’t alive to see what Taemin was doing. After stuffing a few of Jongin’s favourite toys into the suitcase, he brought them out to the front and allowed the driver to carry it to the trunk. They then drove to Jongin’s school and it was good that he was just done school.

                “Jongie, we’re going to live at my friend’s house, but you must promise hyung to be a good boy. You must be polite and don’t talk back to all the noonas and hyungs” Jongin nodded and climbed into the spacious, he greeted the driver who smiled and waved back. After 20 minutes, they reached the house and Taemin ran to the back to get the suitcases but someone had already started to carry them into the house.

                When Taemin and Jongin stepped into the house, all the maids and butlers greeted them.

                “Welcome home, Mr. Lees” they bowed, Taemin and Jongin bowed back. Changmin chuckled as he saw the scene.

                “You must be Jongin, I’m your hyung’s friends. Come, I’ll show you two your rooms” Changmin offered his hand and Jongin immediately grabbed it with his left and grabbed Taemin with his right. Changmin showed them two rooms one for Taemin and the other for Jongin.

                “Young master might call you in the middle of the night so just in case, if you don’t want to wake up Jongin, you can sleep in your own room” Taemin felt his heart drop but nodded and said he understood.

                “Do you like this house, Jongie?” Jongin nodded and started to explore the room, there was a queen size bed in the middle of the room with a walk-in rooms for their clothes. Taemin started to hang up the little clothes that they have and then went to lie on the bed. After a few minutes of Jongin running around the room, someone came and knocked on the door.

                “Excuse me Mr. Lee, Mr. Shim said dinner would be ready in half an hour so if you want you can go downstairs” Taemin thanked the maid and went to get Jongin.

                “Jongie, dinner is almost ready so what should we do first?” Jongin ran towards Taemin and dragged him to the washroom.

                “You too hyung, we have to make them squeaky clean” Jongin said as he the water and started to rub both of their hands together. They spent 5 minutes playing in the washroom before finally going down for dinner. When they arrived, it was only Changmin seated in the table for 10.

                “Young master is busy with work so we’ll just eat dinner without him today” Taemin helped Jongin into his seat and took his own. It was the first time both Taemin and Jongin was able to eat a full dinner. After the main course, the maids brought the desserts and Taemin was happy that Jongin was able to eat happily. Once they had finished everything and was about to head back to their room, Changmin gave Taemin a letter and told him to open it when he was alone in his room.

                After Jongin had tired himself out for doing his little homework and getting Taemin to play with him, Taemin tucked him in. Pressing a kiss to his forehead, Taemin brought his suitcase back to his own room and sat down on the bed. He took out the letter and read it.

Please be dressed in the appropriate uniform at 9:30. Someone would come pick you up. Young master requires some assistant tonight.