Easier

Heartbeats and Banters

The whole day, Maki was not at peace. Who would be from what Tomohisa said just a while ago.

“You know what Maki, it’s cause you’re an idiot.”

Maki scowled at what Yuya said. They were together inside the faculty room. Dismissal had just come.

“Thanks Yuya, that helps a lot.” Maki said sarcastically before dropping to a chair beside the voice instructor. She turned to Tomohisa’s place and realized that his things were gone. He must’ve left already.

“Well you already shouted to the winds that you like Tomohisa. Now that the guy also told you he likes you, why aren’t you together? Why aren’t you eating together or watching a movie or something?” Yuya stated.

Maki didn’t want to say it but at least she owed Yuya of sharing her thoughts. “I am afraid of love…”

“Ha? What do you mean by afraid?”

Now Maki was in deep thought, she wasn’t even looking at Yuya.

“It’s because… I saw how my dad left my mom. Otou-san isn’t a bad guy or anything like that. He just admitted he no longer loved Okaa-san. He left us. I saw how okaa-san sufferd. She told me that she was fine and she could put food on the table for both of us. Yes she could do that but she was still sad. That’s why I told myself I wouldn’t get into a relationship, I just might get hurt.”

When she lifted her head, Yuya was still looking at her. He spoke. “You know Maki, you are not your mother. You can take control of your own destiny. It not to experience love. More so when love is given to you and you won’t take it. Not all men are like your father.” This time Yuya was smiling at her. He stood up and gripped her shoulder comfortingly before leaving.

Maki knew that what she was worrying about was somehow not that deep to worry about. She wasn’t sure because Tomohisa would always have banters and then he would suddenly admit that he likes her. =o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=

Kumai’s was packed again that night.

“Kanpai!” Jin yelled. He was drinking together with Kazuya and Tomohisa.

Clink went their bottles before they gulped down on some much needed alcohol.

“Why didn’t we invite Ryo?” Kazuya asked while sitting down next to Tomohisa. It was evident that the latter tensed up.

“he might be busy.” Jin said.

But kazuya also got what the problem was and chose to shut up. If he mentioned Ryo’s name again Tomohisa might smash the bottle to his head.

They continued with drinking and had different stories to share. Tomohisa and Kazuya were both quiet when they were drunk. But Jin continued with being noisy.

“Your situation is hard ne Tomo?” Jin said, gulping more beer. “You already told Maki you liked her but why is she walking away from you?”

Jin felt someone nudging him in the gut and saw Kazuya giving a death glare.

Tomohisa quietly continued with drinking. “Maybe this is karma. Maybe because I never took a firl seriously.”

“But now you are serious?” Jin asked suddenly.

Tomohisa drank again. “Yeah man. It’s different. It’s different with Maki. I know we always fight and stuff but seeing her just makes me content.”

Jin and Kazuya looked at each other before the latter spoke up. “It’d be hard Tomo if she doesn’t like you back.”

=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=

Maki still hadn’t head on home. She was still at school even if it was getting dark and there were less people. But she was sure there was no ghost there .

Her piano echoed softly.

She turned when the door opened softly and she saw Ryosuke.

It looked like they were both surprised since they both stepped back. “Gomenasai sensei, I didn’t know you were here.”

“No Yamada-kun, it’s alright.” Maki said. She stood up and smiled. “Will you use the studio? I was just leaving.”

“Ah iie sensei, really, it’s alright.”

“It’s ok Ryosuke, don’t be shy.” Maki said smilingly. It seemed like she always saw this one. She didn’t know of he was maybe following her or what.

Even so, Ryosuke sat down on the sofa and took his guitar out. “I was just going to practice the ong I wrote.”

Oh, he wrote songs too. “May I hear it?”

“Hazukashii sensei.” Ryosuke looked down.

Maki laughed. Even her would feel embarrassed if a superior asked her to suddenly play. “Let’s make it this way, I’ll turn around so I can’t see but you have to let me hear.” She didn’t wait for Ryosuke to speak up. She faced the door so she wouldn’t see. A few seconds passed and she thought she wouldn’t hear anything but the familiar sound of the piano clicked through her ears.

Maki froze, still not looking even though she wanted to. Ryosuke was a good piano player, he made mistakes here and there but she could tell that the natural talent was there.

In a short while, the song was finished. Maki turned around only to see that Ryosuke couldn’t look at her.

“Nice song. But why not change the melodies a bit more?”

Before she knew it, she was helping Ryosuke with the song. They’d gotten half-through to it when Ryosuke finally admitted he was getting sleepy.

“Okay okay, we’ll stop for now.” They both moved away from the piano, preparing their things so they could both leave.

“What made you pursue music then Yamada-kun?” Maki asked as she grabbed her bag.

Ryosuke actually stiffened at first but then faced his instructor. “My father sensei. He’s a great musician.”

“Oh… happy to hear that then.” Maki said. But somehow, the way Ryosuke shared it got her thinking about her own dad.

=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=

Slow were Maki’s steps as she walked back to her apartment. Now that she wasn’t doing anything, her thoughts returned to Tomohisa. Maybe she really was an idiot. Maybe Yuya was right.

Her own feet brought her upstairs. BThe elevator doors opened and what was in-front of her was not what she expected.

“He’s so heavy!”

“You’re bigger than me you can do it!”

“What are you guys doing?” Both Jin and Kazuya had to turn to Maki while still carrying the passed out Tomohisa.

Immediately, Kazuya spoke up. “Maki! Do you have a key to Tomo’s apartment? He’s drunk. We can’t talk to him.”

“H-ha? I don’t have his keys.” Maki approached her friends. They had no choice. He was already here. “Bring him to my apartment.” She didn’t wait for the other two to speak up. She opened the door to her apartment while Jin and Kazuya carried their friend inside.

“Really, how many bottles did he drink?”

“We’re drunk too, I have no idea.” Jin said. It was obvious that he was tired too since he deposited Tomohisa on the sofa as if the man was a mere sack of rice.

“Is it alright if he sleeps here?” Kazuya asked while massaging his aching arm.

Maki couldn’t leave the man outside. “It’s alright, leave him to me.”

“Whoo! Arigato Maki! I really want to head on home!” Jin bid goodbye while Kazuya apologetically smiled at Maki before following Jin outside.

Maki sighed as she looked at Tomohisa. The guy was already sleeping peacefully on her sofa but she couldn’t leave him there. She needed to transfer him to her bed. Maybe she shouldn’t have let Jin and Kazuya leave yet.

“Tomo.” Maki carefully tapped the man’s shoulder.

“Mmm….” He answered, half asleep.

“Tomo, wake up first, rest in my bed.”

“Maki…?” Slowly, the man’s eyes opened.

“Can you standTransfer to the bed. Your body will ache there.”

Tomohisa immediately stood up which he shouldn’t have done. His world spinned and he would’ve fallen on the floor if it wasn’t for Maki.

“Oh, take it easy!” Maki said, holding on to the man’s arms.

Tomohisa shook his head. It felt like a hammer was pounding endlessly and his world was spinning. “Maki, I’m going to puke!”

“Ookay wait! Let’s get you to the bathroom!” Quickly, Maki helped Tomohisa until he was face to face with the toilet bowl and allowed him to empty everything into the bowl. It wasn’t much, just alcohol.

“You didn’t even eat anything.” Maki said as Tomohisa continued retching. She patted his back in a soothing manner.

A few more retches came until Tomohisa felt too tired to even hold himself up.

“Okay that’s enough.” Maki lifted him up carefully and brought him to her bedroom. She helped him and deposited him into her bed, taking his jacket and his shirt off for him. This was so awkward. It was a good thing he was inebriated.

“Tomo, I’m going to remove your belt alright?”

“Okay…”

He was too wasted to even care. Once he was settled in, Maki grabbed a few blankets and wrapped it around him while he fell back to sleep. She didn’t sign up for this but she’d gladly be of help to Tomohisa.

“I guess you won’t be coming to school tomorrow.” She whispered. The man was now fast asleep. The whole night Maki tended to the man. Putting on socks for him, checking his temperature, placing a wet towel on his forehead. When she couldn’t do anything anymore, she sat beside him on the bed and just took the time to look at his face. God must’ve spent a little more time on Tomohisa since he looked near perfect. Maki especially loved his nose and his full lips. And when he opened those deep eyes, she felt as if she was drowning in them. Argh, look at her; admiring a man while he was passed out drunk on her bed.

At least the breeze coming from the window helped. She felt at ease and she was sure that it would bring Tomohisa to a certain serenity too.

“You’re not making this any easier Tomo.” Maki whispered. With a sigh, she leaned forward and kissed Tomohisa’s cheek. She pulled away a little emarassed and was glad to find out that the man was still asleep. Pulling the blankets over, and to cover those delectable abs of his, she moved away and closed the door. She wasn’t able to see Tomohisa slowly opening his eyes and grinning like the Cheshire cat.

=====================================================================================================================

AN: I'm back!! Sorry it took so long! Something very very good will happen in the next chapter ohohohoho :D please comment ne! and thank you to those who are reading! :D