Proposal - Violet forget-me-not

Series drabbles - A rainbow of love

 

“Where are we going Sehun ah?”

Luhan softly mumbled, hand gripping tightly on the younger’s arm as the latter escorted him to somewhere that he had promised to be the best surprise.

“Step!” Sehun carefully guided him and he heard a sound of elevator opening “You’ll know when you get there. Just a little bit more.”

He nodded his head, kept clinging to the other while many thoughts running through his mind. Luhan was preparing for his lecture tomorrow when he got a call for his boyfriend asking him to go with him to somewhere special. The word “surprise” made him tossed the papers aside and quickly went change. Since the first time they met, Sehun had found so many ways to amaze him and he never failed to make Luhan squealed in joy.

That’s why there he was, being blindfolded, taken to a mysterious place and his heart fastened its beating as every single minute passed by.

A noise of key clicking brought him back to reality, signaled that they actually got the final destination. He felt the cloth around his eyes was loosened, blinked his eyes several times to get his vision back. To his dismay, they were standing in no one but Sehun’s apartment and he couldn’t help but turning around to face the younger male, pouting.

“Why did you have to blindfold me when we’re just going to your place?”

Sehun kept a confident smirk on his lips, lifted his chin up a bit to motion what the latter should do next

“Calm down babe, this is a part of it. I hid pieces of my surprise in every room. It would be more fun if you find them yourself.”

“Really?”

Luhan gave him another questioning look before slowly scanned the whole apartment in one go. Sehun’s place was quite clean and neat so if there was anywhere possible for him to hide a gift, it must be the bedroom.

Without a second thought, Luhan started moving and opened the bedroom door. The first thing caught his sight was a new queen size bed placed at the corner of the room.

 

He went shopping?

 

His lips were tightened into a thin line.

 

Without me?

 

But when he got closer that thin line gradually turned into a frown. Not only that Sehun secretly went shopping alone, he already bought what Luhan wanted for his own bedroom as well. This was exactly the bed that he had showed the younger last month when they were passing by Barney Store. He still remembered the feeling of the soft mattress back then and it was the same as the one he was sitting on right now.

It took him a long minute to decide to let the bed issue aside and went straight to where he had thought that was the hiding place, the wardrobe. His draw dropped as he found nothing but half of Sehun’s clothes vanished without trace while his practice pants and underwear were folded tidily in an extra drawer.

He searched around one more time before gave up, almost losing his enthusiasm on this game. When he got back to the living room, Sehun was comfortably sitting on the couch, hugging a pillow tightly. But it’s not just a normal pillow, Luhan narrowed his eyes and dug deep into his conscience, it’s the pillow he had told Sehun that he wanted to buy because it had the Chinese patterns which reminded him of his homeland.

 

What the hell is going on? Is he trying to provoke me?

 

Swallowing the sticky anger lodged at his throat, Luhan crossed arms against his chest, wrinkled his eye brows and tried to keep his voice normal.

“So, I see you bought for yourself some new stuffs.”

“I bought it for you.”

Sehun corrected gently, patting the spot next to him on the couch but Luhan refused to move, making a face.

“Oh really? And you accidently let it shipped here instead of my apartment didn’t you?”

 

Crap, it sounds mocking

 

To his surprise, except for a small tilting head, Sehun was extremely calm, began to explain about the situation

“It’s because your place is smaller than mine and the traffic here is a lot better than your area, it will save us some extra time on bed in the morning. Besides, I don’t like your neighborhood. The guy three doors down from yours obviously checked you out whenever he had his chance.”

Luhan stood dumbfounded. One minute ago they talked about new furniture and now his boyfriend was complaining about where he’s living.

“I’m sorry but I don’t get it Sehun ah. What is your main point, really?”

For the very first time of the whole evening, the younger male seemed shocked. He slowly stood up, making his way to the other’s spot while his eyes examined Luhan’s face to see if there was any prank hiding behind that innocent look and strangely he got none.

“You don’t know what I was talking about?”

“No, I don’t.”

“Really?”

“Really.”

“You’re supposed to have a swift wit babe. You’re a professor.”

“HEY!! Don’t you dare insult….”

“I’m asking you to move in with me, silly.”

It looked like the time had stopped everything and inside Luhan’s head, that sentence Sehun had just said kept repeating over and over again. Was it a dream? Please tell him it was not because all the dreams would end right before the best part could even start.

Not until he felt someone’s arms were wrapping around his waist did he realize he was still in Sehun’s apartment.

“Co…could you say it one more time?” he trembled, didn’t believe it was true.

Sehun chuckled, took a quick peck on his lips and rubbed their noses together

“You’re too cute, babe.” then he stopped in the middle, moved his hands up to the latter’s shoulders, looked straight into that doe-like eyes and whispered clearly each word.

“Luhan, would you like to live with me?”

There was a silence in a split of second before an exploding mixture of laughing, clapping and squealing

“YES! YES! YES!”

 

Out of all the surprises Sehun had given him so far, Luhan truly thought this was the best of the best. And he couldn’t wait any longer to spend each day for the rest of his life with his beloved one, cherished every single moment together, until death did them apart.

 

Yes, until death separated them.

 

------------

A.N/ If you notice, you might see the prologue White light is actually the epilogue.