Cliché - Green arrow

Series drabbles - A rainbow of love

 

Dedicate to my girl Just4_YS

For your sweetness and craziness over my Hunnie lately

Happy early birthday to you dear <3

-----------------

 

Luhan bended down a little bit to check his hair through the reflection in the glass door of the cafe shop before pushing it open. He spotted his friends’ table immediately, well it’s almost like an instinct because that’s where they always hang out together for years.

The moment he reached his regular seat, all of five other boys’ eyes were staring at him with the same surprised expression on their faces.

“Woww, what happens to your usual style?”

Yixing tossed the magazine aside, jerked his head back dramatically and squinting at the said boy.

Luhan scanned himself from head to toe for a moment, wrinkled his forehead since he didn’t know if that question implied his appearance was good or bad. 

“Huh? Is it…”

“Oh, don’t worry” before he could say anything, Tao already cut off with a knowing grin “It’s a compliment ge.”

“What’s the occasion by the way ge? You look……stunning.” Jongdae officially joined the conversation, tried to find a right word for the older one.

 Luhan leaned back on his chair, couldn’t hold back a proud smile

“It’s our anniversary. I’m so excited, you know, I’ve never celebrated an anniversary with anyone before.”

Across the table, Kris put down his cup of coffee, started to have a little interest in the current topic

“Oh, really? So it was your first date, first kiss or first ?”

All eyes again dropped on the main character of the story who was pursing his lips thinking before lowered his head and scratched his neck in embarrassment, struggled to cover up himself from a teasing scene but failed.

“Err…..all? I don’t know, I don’t remember.”

“Wooo, Sehun is a fast beast, isn’t he?” Minseok hit him on the arm and a smirk was already plastered on the Korean boy’s face.

That earned several nodding head from other ones and blushing cheeks of Luhan. As much as he wanted to fight back that Sehun was nothing but all sweet and caring, he also needed this subject dropped right away, so he chose to shut up and pretended to enjoy his latte.

 “Where are you going for celebration ge?” Tao seemed to pay more attention to detail as always, crossed his arms and broke the silence.

Luhan quickly swallowed huge gulp in one go and shrugged

 “Seoul Ring.”

“The place with skating stuff?” Tao raised his brows as well as his voice then exchanged a suspicious look with Jongdae, who also scooted over when the word Seoul Ring brought to his ear.

“Uhm, what’s wrong?” the doe-like eyes boy asked innocently

Two of his dongsaengs hesitated a bit before one of them finally opened his mouth, almost whispered to the whole group

“There’s a big LCD screen where people like to do the proposal. Maybe we’re wrong but we think Sehun is gonna…”

The sentence was cut off as Luhan finally pick up what his friend was talking, exclaimed and waved off his hands vigorously

“Nope, nope you’re wrong. We don’t…He’s not…”

“Hi guys!”

This sudden voice snapped Luhan’s head toward the front door where his precious boyfriend was walking through.

“Okay, I gotta go! Bye!” He jumped out of his chair and dragged the younger along with him right when Sehun reached the table, didn’t leave him a chance to say anything else.

 

 

 

“Earth to Luhan?”

Sehun waved both of his hands in front of the other. It was the second time his Bambi out of place like this and the whole strange behavior was really poking his nerves right now.

“What are you thinking? You look dazed.”

“Nothing.” Luhan shook his head and quickly covered his distraction by a loving smile.

“Okay.” the Korean male chuckled, pulling the other’s wrist to so he could wrap an arm around Luhan’s waist as he leaned back against the ice-skating ring’s wall, dropped his chin on the Chinese’s shoulder, pointed the big screen afar.

“Do you know what they will do with that thing?”

The older could feel electric running down to his spine. He swallowed thick, thinking about what his two friends had informed him earlier and it completely freaked him out. So the next thing he knew, he was talking nonsense about whatever popped inside his head.

“Oh, I heard people would propose on that screen.”

“Yeah, it’s really…..”

“So not romantic.” he continued, stressed every word before Sehun could have a chance to comment “I mean, they have to put more effort into such a huge occasion like proposing to someone right? Besides doing what other people did is nothing special, you know.”

“But the feeling they have for each other is priceless.”

Even though the younger was just mumbling inside his throat, Luhan knew it’s time to shut his mouth because the sigh pressed against his skin was little bit longer than normal.

 

 

 

The waitress welcomed them with a big smile on her face. This was their favorite restaurant but the atmosphere here really didn’t help much to calm Luhan’s mood.

Noticing the nervousness still lingered at the corner of the Chinese boy’s eyes even though his wine and cake was already served, Sehun cleared his throat and dropped a tender look on the other.

“Point taken babe.”

“Huh?” Luhan was snapped back at the sudden statement, his doe-like eyes couldn’t get any bigger.

“I mean the whole proposal thing.” Sehun chuckled “I promise I will put all my heart and soul into it and frankly I think I still have a lot of time till that day. But it’s great to know what you really want though.”

With that, he had Luhan hit his head on the table and started giggling. It looked like the latter had just set free from tons of brick weighing on his mind for a long time.

“Oh thank God.” he grinned from ear to ear “I’m so scared at the thought you’re going to propose today. And the big screen thing or hiding the ring in a cake is so cliché. I wonder if they even consider whether there is any chemical reaction that might poison their beloved one.”

There was a time when you wanted nothing but putting your head through a wall because everything you prepared was ruined by just a simple saying from your lover and it’s exactly what Sehun was feeling right now. He buried his face into the table cloth in frustration. This was like the worst anniversary that he had ever planned.

Luhan squinted at his boyfriend for a split of second before exclaimed, realized what was going on

“Oh my God, you hid a ring in the cake?”

Finally revealing his embarrassingly red face, Sehun shook his head and pointed the glass of red liquor on the table. Contrary to what he had thought, Luhan’s face was suddenly covered with amused expression. His eyes sparkled in joy when the sight of the ring lying at the bottom of the glass caught his attention. He bounced up and down, urging Sehun to take it out for him because it would take a whole night for him to finish just a glass of wine.

“It’s beautiful.”

He uttered as contemplating the little shining thing placed perfectly around his slender middle finger. On the opposite side, Sehun was giving him a questioning look.

“But you just said….”

“Nahh, it’s okay.” Luhan flapped his other hand, eyes still glued to his finger “As long as it’s not an engagement ring.”

Sehun rolled his eyes at the weirdest theory that was just made up but he couldn’t care more. After all, this was what he wanted, celebrating their anniversary and spending the rest of the night with his Bambi, peacefully.

“Happy anniversary Sehun ah!”

Oh, and those things too, angelic voice along with sweet chaste kisses.