Prologue - White light

Series drabbles - A rainbow of love

A.N/ Specially dedicate to my cutie Heero

For your stubbornness and keenness on criticizing my little Sehun.

Even so, I still love you sweetie <3.

 

---------------

 

 

Sehun stood nervously for a minute before inhaled a long breath and pushed the glass door open, stepping inside their favorite restaurant. He had done this many times already but just like the first time, his heart twisted a little bit more than his own good.

 

Come on, Luhan is waiting for you.

 

He pulled out a chair at the other side of the table and adjusted his seat comfortably before looked up, flashing a small smile at the waitress who was approaching his direction. Noticing it was him, she put back the menu into big pocket in front of her apron, fished out a note to take order.

“May I have two glasses of Pinot Noir 1983 please?”

The waitress nodded her head in return, wrote down on her note and took her leave.

Sehun gazed at the table-cloth, his hand caressed the surface a bit before averted his eyes towards the scenery outside the window. He tried hard not to steal a glance at the opposite seat because he knew he would break down if he saw what his heart didn’t want to see.

The table was placed perfectly near the window frame, had a full view of busy street in downtown area. Luhan always had good taste of choosing where to sit and this one caught his attention from the very first time they came here.

The silence invaded the atmosphere again after the waitress brought out two glasses of wine and mumbled softly, loud enough for Sehun to sense her sympathy.

“Just take your time.”

It began to snow when the young boy decided to do what he had planned before. With his eyes still glued to the outside, Sehun slowly swallowed and spoke up with his typical low tone.

“It’s just like the first time I asked you out, Luhan. I still could capture the image of you squealing in excitement, reaching out your hand to catch the little early snowflake. Your smile was so bright that I thought I was seeing a white angel, not a human being. I could feel the envy from people around when you laced our fingers together walking on the pavement. It was so perfect.”

There was nothing in response. He took a gulp of his wine, tightened his lips for a split of second, knowing that he would be the one who did the talking tonight.

“I don’t know we have been together that long. Three years with you was just like three months, so fast, so sweet yet I guessed I would never get enough of it. It never occurs to me that one day I have to say those words to you like this and pretend like I’m okay with it.”

Sehun lowered his head, locked his eyes to the beautiful, glistening red liquid in front of him. This was Luhan’s favorite kind of liquor even though the Chinese hardly handled any sort of alcohol beverage. He grabbed his slender fingers around the glass, a tiny sigh left out of his pink parted lips.

“I saw Jongin today. He’s opening another studio near Gangnam. It’s been a quite long time since our last meet. I’m kind of running away from everyone after your funeral, you know. It’s unbearable to see something that reminds me of you, although thinking about you every day is the only thing I’ve done so far. He said I needed to move on, that living with sweet memories of us did nothing good on me. I understand what he meant, but….I’m not ready Luhan ah. My heart is not ready to let you go.”

He stopped in the middle. This was too emotional for him to stay calm. His eyes got teary as for the first time of the night, he was brave enough to look straight to the empty chair at the other side of the table, the place where his Luhan used to sit and smiled lovingly at him, the place where his Luhan had bounced up and down in bliss when he found the hidden ring at the bottom of his wine glass. Cliché, he teased but Sehun could easily see the happiness in his eyes.

 “I really miss you, babe.”

Sehun mumbled and took the rest of his drink down his throat along with his tears, feeling the bitterness boiling up inside his stomach. He placed some bills on the table then stood up, fished out from his vest a blue rose and put down next to the untouched glass of wine on the opposite side as he walked by.

“Happy anniversary, Luhan.”