Romance - Blue rose

Series drabbles - A rainbow of love

 

Dedicate to my favorite dongsaeng FanNMinh

For your eternal love to Hunhan

Luv ya sweetie <3

----------------

 

There were two things that could enlighten Sehun’s mood immediately: one was dancing and two was Luhan’s blissful laugh.

He didn’t fall in love with dancing in the first place like his best friend also his co-worker at the studio, Jongin did. He had started practicing some simple moves in junior high school and then found it more interesting every single day. Before he knew it, he ended up dancing passionately until his legs couldn’t stand properly and crashed down on the cold woodened floor of the practice room. Dancing brought him the truly happiness and inspired him so much that he couldn’t imagine how to live without it. But dancing also pushed him far away from his only family.

Luhan’s blissful laugh was another story. The first time he heard it was when he decided to surprise his boyfriend by showing up in front of the university gate, waiting for the Chinese male. And from that day, he mentally swore he would spend the rest of his life to find a way to surprise Luhan so that he could hear that angelic sound again and again. Luhan had gradually turned him into a freaking romantic guy without even knowing.

That why it’s not a weird thing for Sehun to push the glass door of the flower shop not far from his studio on the way to his date after work. He didn’t go here often because to be honest, he thought flower was way too feminine for their style. But today was special, today he found something perfectly symbolized for their love and he’s so sure that Luhan would do nothing but jump up happily when he saw this. He might reward him later at his apartment, who knew.

“Hi noona.”

“Oh, hi Sehun” the shop owner welcomed him with her brightest smile “Your order is ready. Just wait a minute.”

With that she disappeared to the back of the shop and came back with a bouquet beautifully wrapped in glazed paper. It looked more stunning than what he pictured in his mind and he couldn’t help but grinning from ear to ear when contemplated it.

“Do you want a card?” the florist cut off his day dream and it took him a few seconds before nodding his head in reply.

 

*********

 

“What took you so long? I’m starving…”

Luhan pouted right when he opened the door of his apartment to find Sehun standing there but his eyes almost at once saw something was being hidden behind his boyfriend’s back. He tilted his head aside curiously, eyes tried to caught a glimpse but no success. 

“What is it?”

Sehun stepped inside the room and kicked the door close, a smirk already curved at the corner of his lips. Luhan was always like that, childish and impatient.

“Remember the legend of blue rose I told you a week ago?”

“Hmm? The ugly gardener’s love for the princess?” The Chinese boy tapped his chin thinking “Oh, I also told that story to my class yesterday. They really love it. But why….”

His voice trailed off as he saw a hint of sparkle in the younger’s eye smile and in no time a bouquet of blue roses was brought out in front of his eyes. He felt his heart skipped a beat at the beautiful thing few inches from him and slowly reached his hands to catch the flower.

“Wow….” he uttered after a long minute glued his attention to every single petal, earning a soft laugh from the latter.

“You can say more than that, you know. Like I love youuu for example.” Sehun added many extra “u” teasingly.

Luhan laughed in joy, buried his face into the bouquet to inhale a long breath. It’s so fresh and sweet like the bliss-soaked feeling running through his body right now. He noticed a small card stuck inside and a contented smile found its way to flash on his face.

Gently placed the flower along with the card on the table nearby, he slowly moved closer to Sehun and threw his arms around his boyfriend’s neck, winked mischievously

“So, are you telling me that you’re an ugly gardener?”

The dancer chuckled, pressed their forehead together and whispered

“Only if you agree to be a princess.”

“You wish!”

That was the last coherent word Luhan could say for the rest of that night when they skipped the dinner and went straight to the bedroom.

On the table, the card was still open with Sehun’s handwriting all over it.

 

“Where true love reigns, all things are possible.”

 

I love you

Sehun

 

------------

A.N/ Just so you know, the legend of blue rose in Vietnam is quite different from the one from China I found on internet. And since I read the Vietnamese version first, I wrote it based on that idea.