Fight - Yellow knot

Series drabbles - A rainbow of love

 

“Sehun….”

 

“Sehun ah, wait…”

 

“Seh…”

 

Luhan finally caught up with the said boy and grabbed his elbow but his hand was immediately shaken off brutally. Sehun stopped his pace and turned around to face the older one, eyes were flashing with rage.

“Am I not good enough for you?”

The Chinese was caught off guard by the sudden question, stepped back unconsciously and sputtered

“N..no, of course you are.”

There was nothing changed in the way the younger looked straight into his eyes right now as if he didn’t receive the right answer, his teeth was still grinded under smoky breath.

“Are you ashamed to be with me?”

“What? No, please don’t think it that way Sehun ah.” Luhan pleading, moved closer but it only made the latter jerk back to maintain a certain space from him.

“Then what with the panic on your face when you saw your colleagues previously?”

Sehun continued to confront with his cold tone and Luhan just stood there speechless. He opened his mouth and tried to give a good reason for his strange behavior but oddly nothing came out. The Korean gave him one final disbelieved look before walked away, leaving him frozen to his spot till all he could see was the silhouette of his boyfriend disappeared at the corner of the street.

He wandered around aimlessly after that, trying to think about what had happened thoroughly but it seemed like all of his cell-brains were sleeping, it didn’t work.

It’s not until the first drop of rain touched his shoulder was Luhan brought back to reality like a wake-up call. He quickened his paces and started running when the rain hit his face without mercy.

 

 

He bang his fists loudly on the door as soon as he reached the apartment, hearing someone’s cursing from the inside but he couldn’t care more. All he wanted to do was a chance to explain the whole thing and he’s willing to do it with the door closed if the other refused to see him.

Sehun’s jaw was dropped when he saw his boyfriend standing in front of him, dripping wet and shivering hard. He wished to jump out and wrapped an arm to warm up the older but seeing Luhan also reminded him of the anger boiling in his stomach before.

And his conscience defeated his heart.

 

“What do you want?”

“I want to tell you the reason why I acted like a jerk.”

Though Luhan swallowed thick before answered, there was not a small hesitation in his voice and it made Sehun a bit surprised but he calmly folded his arms against chest, eyes still fixing on the latter

“I’m listening.”

“I was scared the fact that we’re dating would come to your father’s ear.” Luhan honestly admitted, feeling his heart increased its beating race inside.

“You’re afraid to get fired?” Sehun arched his eye brow, never knew his dad would be an issue.

“No, I can always find a new job.” the Chinese softly smiled, his voice was full of concern “But I don’t want him know about us by rumor. You know, it’ll kill him.”

“Kill him?” Sehun choked out mockingly like it was the most ridiculous joke he’d ever heard “Hello, he kicked me out of the house right after I told him I didn’t want to continue studying law and would like to live with my dancing. His dignity is more important than me.”

“You’re still his beloved son Sehun ah.”

Luhan smoothly whispered but it seemed like a wrong move as the younger’s voice was raised emotionally

“Did you ever see us talking? Hell no because he didn’t care! We can’t even stand in a same place for a ing minute.”

“I’m sure he did. You’re just too stubborn to see it.”

There was something lodged at his throat made Sehun couldn’t say a word even though his mouth was already open. May be Luhan was right, maybe he was just too stubborn to admit it. But it didn’t change the fact that he was here, all by himself for the last five years.

 

 

“I don’t want to argue with you about this.” Sehun averted his eyes after a long minute, letting out a small sigh and Luhan knew it’s the time to drop the topic here.

“Alright alright, we don’t have to” he held up both his hands, tilted his head aside chuckling “Now can I come in?”

Sehun refused to move, seemed still be hurt from the incident but his effort was failed when the Chinese started puffing his cheeks and pouted. How he hated himself for not able to stand that doe-like eyes for more than ten seconds. Mentally groaned in frustration for his weakness towards Luhan’s aegyo, he gave the older one another sideways look before reached out to tug him into a tight embrace along with a soft mumble “God, you’re freaking freezing here, silly”.

Then again since Luhan could feel a small smile pressed against the skin of his neck, he guessed they’re at least even.

 

-----------

A.N/ I know the pic above is not involved in the title nor the content of the story but I couldn't help it. It's tooooooo cute~~~~~~ *squealing*