Encounter - Red code

Series drabbles - A rainbow of love

 

A.N/ Specially dedicate to my cutie Gin Chan

For all of mature and immature masks you have been trying on yourself

I truly love you my little dongsaeng <3

-------------

 

It was a typical Monday.

The hallway of the university was supposed to be peacefully silent except for frustrated groans from some students who had just received bad result of their latest exam.

The atmosphere was supposed to be fresh as the cold breeze was playing with some skirts outside the campus, signaled the coming of winter around the corner.

Luhan was supposed to be satisfied and happy after a long weekend.

But everyone in the building this morning could tell something was wrong in the steps of the Chinese professor made from afar. His familiar angelic smile was replaced by a disgruntled pout. His sparkled eyes was narrowed in annoyance and kept focusing to the front as if they were searching for a prey. A pile of books was tightened against his chest, white knuckles.

There was just one and only one conclusion: he was pissed off, by someone.

Luhan fastened his paces when he spotted a brown head facing back at the principal’s office. He grinded his teeth and almost pumped into a bunch of students on the way there. His target seemed to end a conversation with someone when he approached nearby and turned around just in time as the biggest book in Luhan’s hand hitting him right in the face along with a sulking accusation

“You!!!! How dare you ditched me with that girl, after I helped you doing the report. Did you know I was bothered dead....”

His voice was trailed off as the latter slowly removed his hands after rubbing his poor face in pain, cursing under his breath.

“What the hell...”

“OH MY GOD, who are you?”

Luhan stepped back and exclaimed in surprise, covering his mouth while his doe-like eyes couldn’t get any bigger.

The stranger kept groaning, threw him a fretful look gruntingly

“You should ask first before attacking someone like this.”

It took him at least ten seconds to realize his previously dangerous action and reached out a hand instinctively to check the other’s condition but withdrew it almost at once as if his used-to-be target would bite if he touched him.

“Ar...are you alright?” he finally sputtered “I’m so sorry. I thought you were my colleague. You two have the same look, I swear. I didn’t mean to. I...”

“Alright, alright” the stranger held up his hand and cut off Luhan’s endless explanation “I got that a lot.”

“You got hit a lot? Why?” Luhan blinked curiously

“No, mistake for my brother” the latter gave him a last disbelieved glance before combed his messy hair by hand, then bended down to pick up the book and handed it to Luhan “But among all of those people, you’re the most violent one.”

Receiving his property, the Chinese male couldn’t help but blushing, mumbled a sorry again before arching his brow questioningly

“Brother? So you’re Minho’s younger brother?”

“Yep” the said boy shrugged his shoulder

Now that Luhan noticed, this boy was a little taller but skinnier than Minho whereas his pink lips was curved into a small smirk as he was talking showing that he certainly had some confidence in his low voice. However, stood out of all was his eyes smile, cute and attractive at the same time. And those eyes were gazing at him right now with glistening mixture of interest and joy, made him scratch his neck bashfully, trying to find something else to talk.

“Oh what are you doing here by the way?”

There was a little hesitation in the younger boy’s response but he quickly covered it by another smile, pointing his thumb backward to a particular door.

“I just dropped by my dad’s office.”

A small ah let out of Luhan’s mouth as he remembered hearing somewhere about the principal’s family issue.

 

So this is the rebel one.

 

They stood in awkward silence for a moment and Luhan took it as the perfect timing to excuse for his leave. But just when he was about say a proper goodbye, the latter stepped ahead to pull out a little dry leaf stuck on his hair for God knew how long and Luhan swore his heart skipped a beat in reaction while pink color dusted both of his cheeks.

He didn’t think it was love at first sight.

But he did believe in something called “A bad boy always has irresistible charm.”

 

*******

 

“So you just gave him your number without even thinking?”

“Er...yes.”

“Did he promise to call you?”

“Er....no...I don’t think so.”

“Unbelievable!! Ge, you’re so….. Urghhh, what’s his name again?”

“Sehun. Oh Sehun.”