Proposal

Sorry, I Can't Be With You

 

 

6 subscribers?! Yay! Thank you for subcribing and looking forward to your comments. and please be noted next will be rated so don't read if you don't like it.


 

After school I quickly clean myself before mom and dad yells at me for not getting ready. Dad told me that we will be having guests tonight. They just said it is for our future. My future, sorry. So, I properly dress up and waiting at the corner of the bed, staring at the mirror in front of me, looking up to down with a blank mind.

A moment after that, someone knocked on the door and revealed my little brother. “Nuna, they are here” he said. He was tidily dressed and I followed behind him. I slowly pulled up my dress so that I won’t step on it. Somehow, I don’t really like to wear this kind of dress because it was too revealing. I can see my back and… yeah you know, something…err… appeal? Okay whatever.

My brother offered his hand as I walked to the main hall. “Oh, they are here” my mom said. I looked up and look at the guests. ‘WT…H’ I mouthed as I saw Oh Sehun. Right in front of me. My eyes widened right the same as him. He looked shock after seeing me. I was about to shout and point at him but thinking of my family so I should behave myself.

“This is my daughter Sofea.” My mom introduced as I bowed to Sehun’s parents.

“Annyeonghaseyo, my name is Sofea”

“She’s beautiful. Right dear?” The lady in front of me said and eyed her husband.

“Yes darling” her husband replied.

“Oh wait, didn’t the two of you came from the same school?” his mom asked, looking at me then to Sehun.

“Errrmm, yeah” he replied and smiled bitterly to his mom.

“Wow! This is cool!” His mom shouted joyfully with a clasp.

“The two of you can make a good couple. Since, you came from the same school and we already knew each other for a long time. I think we can be a very good and happy family!” Sehun’s mom said again.

“N-ne?!” I and Sehun co-ed in the same time.

“Oh, I have forgotten. Today, we call as a proposal day for you guys. We decided to make you two together” My mom said.

“Umma, I’m getting married with him? Are you sure? Did I just hear the wrong thing?” I asked again.

“Ani. Your wedding day will be decided soon. So, today we will sent the two of you somewhere and get to know each other intimately.” My dad said as if he was mocking the two of us to..er…have a one night stand. Yeah, sounds like that.

“Sehun ah, I want you to propose her tonight at the place I have booked before and I just want to know that she already wears the ring proposal. No objection. Now, bring her to that place.” I heard Mrs. Oh whispered to him. I can see his bitter face and stood up from his seat.

He came to me and offered his hand. I was hesitating at first but then he eyed at me and I stand up so that our parents didn’t know that we had a bad encounter before. “Hwaiting nuna!” I heard my brother said it. Grrrr… I.Hate.This.Feeling.

I pulled up my dress a little so that I won’t step on it. When I was about to put on my high heels, Sehun kneeled down and put on like in the Cinderella story. He did it in front of our parents! Damn so embarrassing. Of course! Because I’m nobody to him and suddenly he has to act romantic in front of our parents. And…we…are..getting..married…soon. Tonight is the engagement day. What will HIS' fans say? Aren’t they are curious about his fiancée? And she is me. God, kill me now!

Sehun walked further from me and there was a driver waiting for us. He opened the door for Sehun but then he walked to the side waiting for me to go in first and he hoped into the car after that. The driver brought us to a new place where I don’t really recognise either. Until now I couldn’t make any conversation with Sehun. I’m not afraid or what but I just can’t accept that I’m going to be his fiancée. He just broke up and all was because of me. Why did they have to make an arranged marriage?

“I will pick you two tomorrow after lunch at two o’clock. Enjoy they night, young master and my lady” the driver said after closed the door.

Sehun didn’t say anything and walked into the villa. “Yah, aren’t you coming along?” he asked turning away; looking at me with his sharp eyes.

“Tch”

Then there is a lady came out, greeting us with a bow. “Welcome, young master Sehun. I hope you will have an enjoy night here” she said and showed us the way to our room.

“You may change your clothes here and we will be waiting for you at the beach for the next event” she said and walked out from the room.

“Eh? Jamkkaman.” She didn’t hear and closed the door. Then I heard a ‘click’ sound, wait? We’re being locked?! WTH!

“Yah, Sehun ah. Why am I here? Changing in the same room as you?”

“Shut up and just follow their orders.”

“What? Are you kidding me?”

“Why would I do that?” he said and started to his shirts.

“Yah..y-yah. Take a room to change if yes so” I stuttered and shifted my gazes.

“Haha, just it. Why do you have to be shy about it? Isn’t this you are waiting for?” he said and ed it slowly. Teasing me eh…

“YAH!!” I ran to the bathoom while covering my face with palms and slammed the door.

“Ppalli! We only have 15 minutes from now!” he shouted from outside.

Gosh, what is he trying to do? I know that he still likes Ha Ae but why is he doing this to me? Stop this crap out Sofea! He just ed his shirts! Not trying to you or something! Man…

After 10 minutes passed…

I walked out from the room with the dress that have prepared for me earlier and Sehun tilted his head, looking at me. He observed from up to down and back to up again as if he is aiming for….something…

“Yah.. Stop looking at me like that. Now what are we going to do? We are locked up in this room” I said.

“We are using the windows here” He said and pointed at the opened window. Eh? Since when the window is widely opened?

The two of us walked out and we followed the candle light of path. The path was surrounded by the candle and how romantic it is to be with the love ones. It is. Somehow, I’m stuck with this jerk. Omg, why is this dress so revealing? More than the previous one that I have already worn it.

When we reached the table, it was really at the beach side and it was so beautiful. They put a lot of candle and some petals around the table and on it. The waiters pulled the chair as I still admired around it and took a seat. They started to serve and suddenly the waitress that I met at the entrance earlier came with a tray of a couple rings. She placed the velvet box in between us and all the waiters and waitresses walked away, just the two of us alone.

Then, there was a piece of paper under the wine cup. I opened it and…

    This is the ring for your engagement. This ring is symbolized for the two of you already owned each other. If any of you breaks the engagement, a bad luck will happen. Nothing will ever stop this ring from doing it. More or less, it is like a magical ring… .

    Sincerely, your grandfather

“Tch, what crap did they have made until I have to sacrifice for this?” Sehun blurted.

“Then, I don’t want to wear this ring” I said and put down the paper.

“Didn’t you get it? We have been cursed. There are our names stated on the rings. They are controlling us” Sehun said. Suddenly, he moved by himself. Something was pulling him.

“Eh? Why I’m moving on my own? Something is pulling me! Sofea, help me!” He called.

“I can’t. I can’t move. Something locked me” I said.

Sehun then took out the ring and my body turned around facing him. He was kneeling in front of me and we were still shock at the movements. Something is controlling us. Sehun then gave up and just followed the orders. I stopped struggling as well and something let us go. He took my hand and put on the ring on my ring finger. I then took the other ring and put on his.

“We have no choice but just follow.” Sehun said and I can hear disappointment in his voices.

After we finish with our dinner, we walked back to our room and I have to share the same room with him. While walking, suddenly there was a force pulled me and our hands clutched onto each other. I tried to pull back but as if it was locked.

“If you force, it will locked us like this until we stop disobey them” he said again.

The window closed by itself and everything was locked up. We can’t do anything but just stayed in the room by ourselves. Sehun took two cups and a bottle of wine.

“Wanna join me?” he asked, pouring the wine skillfully.

“Okay” I took a seat opposite him and was expecting for the force to pull me to sit next to him but then nothing happen. Glad for that.

“Can I ask you something?”

“…?”

“How long have you been together?”

“None of your business” he replied sternly.

“It will be mine soon.” I replied.

“Haih... This year will be the fourth year” he said.

“Wow, the two of you must be fated together. I feel so guilty for butting in between the two of you”

“You should. Because of you I have to break up. Because of you I have to wear this ring. Everything was because of you.” He said sarcastically, turning the glass in front of his face.

“I never asked for this. Who ask your grandparents to make such a stupid will? It destroys my future for a jerk like you. I want to marry someone that I love not forcing but willing with full of love.” I nearly burst into tears and poured the wine and drank them in one shot. Suddenly, I felt so dizzy and all what I see was Sehun drank all the wine in a sip.

Narrator’s POV

Sofea got drunk because she drank almost half of the bottle. She stood up and sat next to him while Sehun just look at her walking towards him. They look at each other and suddenly there was a strange aura between them.

“Since they asked us to do this, why don’t we just do as what they wanted?” Sofea said in a y tone. She rubbed the back of Sehun’s head and they looked into each other as they are madly in love.