03 - Third

The Guardian - Kai [An Angel's Sin]

 

 

{One Month Later }

 

 



 

She slightly glimpsed to her right in hope to find something bizarre, but none. Just an old lady taking notes in a worn out diary and a boy wearing a black and white stripe t-shirt, jeans, and black chucks. He was looking at the sky through the glass window.



 

 

“Come on… Do it for me, hm?”

 

“I’ll miss you, little.”

 

“There’s something that I want you to try on.”

 

“Yura unnie!”

 

“I love you little!”

 

“Trust me…”

 

“Kai.”

 

  “Eh?” Yura shouted letting out a suffocating gasp. A tightening feeling in her chest made her air look limited, she tried to breathe, to gain her air and normal respiration back but those actions seemed worthless. A sweat drop rolled down her forehead as her head started to heat up.

She pulled the blanket down and sat on the bed. Her hands slowly travelled up to her eyes and rubbed her stiff eyelids, which are the result of a sleepless, heart painful, tearful night. She sobbed trying to not allow anymore tears collapse from her red eyes. She could still feel her sore throat, racing heart, puffy eyes from last night tears. Weakly, she rubbed upper arms in comfort. But nothing she would do could take her out of her crushed world. A month had passed yet she couldn’t forget her sister’s death. She couldn’t stop her tears at night, her newly acquired zombie personality, and the constant nightmares related to the horrific day. If only she had been stronger and fight the individual, somehow… somehow she would find her sister in time to rescue her…

Maybe.

Her sister was everything to her. Her only friend, her comfort and her shoulder. Losing her sister felt as if she lost a big part of her life and self. The two girls only had each other. They lived alone since their parents died in another horrific accident, twelve years before. When Yuhee had 10 years old and little Yura had 6 years old. Two little children unaccompanied in the big city of Seoul. They had no known siblings therefore they were adopted months later by an American couple.

Even though the substitute parents treated them well, they never felt home. Holding their pain with each other only and being there for each other only.

And now… She had no one.

Stupid, heartless, idiot stranger. Even stupider me for letting myself be captivated by him.

Now… not remembering his face…

 

Riiing

Riiing

Riiing

The phone call was ignored. Yura didn’t even bother to answer the phone on the nightstand beside her. The drugs that calmed her were placed beside the phone. She stretched her arm and grabbed them with her still trembling fingers. An open drawer caught up her attention. An old broken camera was inside. Then again tears…  Not even bothering on cleaning her wet face she stared at the drug pills on her hand. With a little effort she instantly swallowed them.

“Honey, tell me when you’re going to Seoul… please… Call me. We need to be together at times like these… Love, mom.”

--

“Eat well and sleep early…” A woman rubbed Yura’s arms and tears rolled down her face.

“Yes mom. Don’t worry…” Yura slightly smiled as a sign to show her mother that everything was going to be alright. She looked behind at the plaque and saw her flight time again.

“I have to go now. Bye mom. Bye dad…” She hugged them tightly, thanking them for taking care of her and her sister for so long. “Thank you for everything…”

With that she waved once more and made her way to the waiting room.

Even though her sister died, she couldn’t give up on going to Seoul’s University. The school was long time dream of their late parents. Yura couldn’t remember but Yuhee could. She told Yura about a trip they did around to the campus of Seoul’s University and their parents conversation about wishing that at least one of their child’s being accepted in that prestigious school. Yuhee never brought her hopes in entering that university since what she always dreamt was to be a Designer and study fashion in New York. Thus, Yura took the responsibility. She didn’t mind at all because she liked school, she liked to study and learn more. Even if that would mean to keep Photography as a hobby only.

“Calling passengers for flight 6738 to South Korea, Seoul. Calling passengers for flight 6738 to South Korea, Seoul.”

Tugging on a luggage handle, she moved across the big amount of people to get to the gates.

An unusual wind rushed towards her, crossing her body inside, making her uneasy. The odd sensation made her anxious. But the intriguing thing was that… it wasn’t that odd, it was familiar. The feeling was very known and it brought her bad memories. Those which she fought to forget.

She slightly glimpsed to her right in hope to find something bizarre, but none. Just an old lady taking notes in a worn out diary and a boy wearing a black and white stripe t-shirt, jeans, and black chucks. He was looking at the sky through the glass window.

No. Something is definitely wrong.

The airport was empty.

Where did all those people go?

Odd.

Yura tilted her head to the side in confusion, trying not to trust her instincts.

“Calling passengers for flight 6738 to South Korea, Seoul. Calling passengers for flight 6738 to South Korea, Seoul.”

The woman’s voice interrupted her thoughts once again.

“I’m not going to miss this plane…” She grabbed her hand luggage and tried to rush to catch the plane. With only two steps she stopped. She slightly bit her lower lip before turning around to give a last glimpse at the old lady and the boy. Slowly she turned her head a little anxious.

“What?” She let out a small gasp surprised. Her stomach began feeling heavy and her eyes couldn’t stop blinking.

They disappeared. Both.

A flood of people rushed in her direction and hit her, almost making her loose her balance.

The people suddenly appeared.

She looked around to see if there’s any trace the two, but she could find nothing. Yura even wanted to deny her suspicions, but she couldn’t figure out an excuse for their disappearance. They were only strangers, okay, but… There was something about them…

Yura sighed in attempt to decrease her heartbeat pace. With her long and slender fingers she brushed her beautiful long straight black hair back from her eyes. Wonders about whether she was turning into a psycho person muddled inside her mind. Her sister death matter still hunted her, and the more she would think about it the more she would be swollen into depression. Yeah, she was seeing things because of the drugs.

Side effect. Yeah… that must be it.

 

--

 

People loudly blabbering, flight attendants flirting, babies crying and the strong smell of coffee. That’s the credit of an economics class ticket. While Yura walked down the aisle to her seat, people constantly blocked her. She kept her head down, her hair slightly covering her pale face.

A man around his forties stood in front of Yura, blocking her way. He was helplessly trying to fix a broken zipper of his hand luggage. The luggage was ridiculously crammed with alcoholic drinks.  It was really heavy: cans and glass bottles were filling the luggage. As he furiously grumbled and fought against the zipper, people behind Yura started complaining and pushing. Yura often lost her balance but she could always hold onto the seats. But a heavy curse coming from the older man’s mouth made Yura slowly lift her glance to the luggage. It was gradually slipping from its spot ready to hit her head hard, seriously hard.

“!” He couldn’t control its heaviness and feared the worst for Yura. Yura as well couldn’t do anything as it was too fast for her to know how to react or to figure out how to escape since her passage was blocked in both possible way: front and back. She forced her eyes to close and gulped in her dry mouth, desperately praying for any help.

Unexpectedly, a hand pushed her head down.

And she felt nothing hitting her and making her senselessly in pain.

But a gasp and a nervous laughter opened Yura’s eyes slowly.

“Thank you, young man… Uh… This is quite impressive…” The man blinked several times in shock. The guy that the statement was destined to shyly smiled and bowed a little with his head. With the only hand that he was holding the heavy luggage he managed to pull it back with no problem. Everyone behind and seated were watching the scene and were completely surprised by his strength.

“H-How… could you..?”

“I work out a lot…” He quickly answered with a following cough.

“Ah… Hello? Are you okay?” The older man talked to Yura who was still bending down.

The boy’s eyes slid down nervously to Yura. Yura nodded, slowly standing up again. Rapidly her head turned around to see who’s the “Superman”. Her eyes widen at the glance. Not knowing why, she perceived a familiarity feel from him. Her head tilted a little as she stared at his face curious, perplexed and frustratingly confused. The boy helped her standing up and he flashed a sweet smile towards her.

“Yura are you okay?” He asked, his eye smile was ridiculously adorable.

“Ch-Chanyeol?” She finally recognized the freakish tall boy. It had been a year since she last saw him. The main thing she first thought about was his absurd height. Last year he wasn’t this tall, she was sure of it. They met when they were only seven years old back when they first started to attend Korean Language and Culture Classes and English Classes. In view of the fact that both were Korean, their parents only thought the best about applying them into courses about their language and culture, therefore they wouldn’t forget their true home. Their friendship bonds grew bigger two years later when Chanyeol was enrolled in the same Elementary School as she was. Over years together they were separated later when Chanyeol had to move out of town. Pretty coincidence finding both in the same airplane. But intrigued Yura the most was the boy’s clothing. He was wearing the exact same outfit has the boy back at the airport. The one who freezes time and cleans the people away in a sweep of time.

“23B! I guess we’re mates!”