02 - Second

The Guardian - Kai [An Angel's Sin]

 



“Please, turn yourself in. Let the hostages leave safely!”



 

 

   “Everyone get out!” a husky brute voice yelled out of the blue.

Gunshots, horrific screams, and slamming doors filled the scene's background.

“Kill everyone who won’t leave the booths.”

 

 

***

 

 

The sounds have gotten more intense. Now you can hear evident cries. Someone was shot. No… scratch that. Two people were shot.

An attempted robbery attack…

Terrified tears rolled down Yura’s cheeks. Fear took over her body and mind. She trembled like a little kid. She wanted to open the door so badly. She wanted to escape and see her sister, Yuhee. Before her own life, she could only think about Yuhee’s.

She tried to fight the stranger’s arms, but that only made his grip on her tighten.

“Don’t leave…” he whispered in her ears. His warm breath came in contact her neck, making her body freeze. It was a bizarre feeling. His voice… His breath… His touch… They made her weak again. They made her feel oddly safe.

“This door won’t open!” a man growled furiously. It was their booth door. He tried to take it down.

“Destroy the door and kill whoever’s inside.”

Yura, frightened, stared at the door which was about to be shattered. She changed her glance to the stranger. He firmly glanced at her back. When their eyes came in contact, it was as if deadly daggers pierced through heaven.

He lifted her chin slowly, his gaze changed and he began carressing her cheek with his tremulous fingers. He tenderly eyed her thin red lips before gradully lowering his head until his lips met her's.

The booth door was brusquely opened.

The man looked inside and growled angrily again.

No one’s here!!”  He was about to leave when he looked inside the booth again. “Wasting my time...”

He left.

Yura and the stranger…

What happened you may ask?

As simply as the sun rising each day to welcome, as purely as it setting down saying goodbye… the two disappeared.

 

 

***

 

 

“Please, turn yourself in. Let the hostages leave safely!” The police outside the shopping center demanded.

The main entrance of the shopping center was packed with dozens of police cars, hundreds of inquisitive people and few network channel workers, such as reporters and camera operators. Everyone gathered here to witness one of the greatest robberies in the history of the city. Doubtless, it was going to become a big story, running in international’s channels live, titled as “Breaking News.”

The whole building was locked, not allowing escape. Built-up men armed with guns, faces hidden with black masks, surrounded every little corner of the construction ready to mercilessly blow the heads of any who dared to run off.

No one had the idea of who they could be, or their purpose. The big number of terrorists in the mission terrified the police and the residents.

“We will only leave when we have accomplished our duty,” the head terrorist declared through the shopping’s telephone.

“What are your purposes?!” The police chief asked, his voice coated with fear.

“You will know soon.” He huskily chuckled with his lips breaking in a malefic smirk.

“Sir, the state senator’s daughter and wife are locked inside!” a lowly police attendant stated.

The chief’s heart incresed its pace while his eyes widened in shock.

 

***

 

 

A small and weak cyclone of sparks formed at the building's exit stairs.

Two embraced bodies appeared out of now where. Two hands strongly gripping on each other. Other gently touching a chin, and the fourth was squeezing a white cotton t-shirt.

The only thing that didn’t change was the unexpected lip lock.

By safety choice, he pulled out slowly, sending a last shiver to his and her heart. She looked up afflicted, perplexed and overwhelmed. He changed his glance to the floor stunned, disoriented, and regretful.

“At this rate we will succeed.”

The boy looked down and saw a group of masked men crawling up the stairs. He quickly grabbed Yura’s elbow and ran the stairs up to the rooftop.

Yura kept questioning in her head. Why?

Why was he trying to save her? Why didn’t he run by himself and escape?
But more importantly… How in hell did they get here? Just now… just a second ago, they were inside the fitting room booth ready to be assassinated!

How? When? Why?

The more she thought about it, the more she became scared and traumatized.

“W-Who are you?” Gasping for air with dry mouth, her voice trembled. She had no answer from him. “W-What about my sister?”

Reaching the rooftop the boy, distressed, ran, dragging Yura and hid behind a corner’s wall. Panting, Yura brought a hand to her chest, gripping her shirt and looking for air. The boy turned back and warily took a glimpse behind the wall. Four men of robust and excessively muscular bodies came into sight, walking cautiously with hand pistols prepared to shoot the two.

“…” The boy cursed, biting his lower lip tensely. He pulled his hair back and scratched his head nervously.

Yura flinched from the boy, trailing back slowly. Her arms barely managed to stand firm then they faltered as she tried to flee. Something about that guy was wrong, and it scared her. Her bewildered mind couldn’t come to a point about what to think about him. Outlandishly he made her feel safe and that was what scared her the most! How could a person that she had never seen before in her life bring such sentiment to her? His sudden appearance was intriguing. As if he knew that the shopping center was going to be attacked… As if he appeared only to save her… No… She shook her head harshly trying to throw that selfish and unbelievable thought off her mind. There was absolutely no way that he was there to save her and far less predict the attack.

As she slowly crawled back, the boy looked back at her. His eyes pierced hers making her stop and her arms fail, she slipped and scratched her right arm. The boy let out a small gasp.

“Yura!” He muttered with a shaky and halting voice as he rushed towards her.

Even though it wasn’t loud, the noises were enough for one of the beastly men to hear.

“There!” He demanded the others and prepared his gun.

Hearing it, the boy pulled his hair back uneasily again and drew something on his hand. Yura puzzled stared at the crazy boy’s action. A small thread of light lit up his hand. The girl’s eyes grew bigger in disbelief of what she had just seen.

 

Impossible.

Not natural.

Miraculous

 

“W-Who on earth are y-you? No… w-what are you..?”

He wiped the light with his thumb and smiled at her.

“Trust me…”

Gently, he drew a small cross on her forehead and whispered a little prayer.

“W-What…” She entered in a panic state. But before she could say another word a wind of light surrounded both. It was strong and cold. Every little piece of particle started flying in a hurricane above them.

“Kai.”

And everything went blank.