My Angel And My Devil

Ad Infinitum
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I rechecked her schedule with her secretary and I was confident I could pull off the surprise successfully. Setting up a dinner for two in the balcony of her apartment, I knew it was something she would love. I even cooked and I was proud how everything turned out.

 

Her apartment smelled divinely of all the fresh rose petals I scattered all over the place; especially, on her bed. The candles should be lighted a little later after I called her. The wine was in the chiller. I should reheat the food once she couldn’t come earlier than expected.

 

My gift was hidden under her pillow.

 

It was a silver infinity bracelet studded with diamonds with the inscription ‘ad infinitum’.

 

Ad infinitum. Always and always.

 

She— my infinity

 

I couldn’t wait to see the sparkle in her eyes when she sees it.

 

I was an excited little boy on Children’s Day.

 

It was only after an hour that I got to call her.

 

“Hyun, where are you? I thought you’d be home by now?”

 

“Oh, I’m sorry. I forgot to tell you. Kyuhyun Oppa’s mom invited me over. Let’s do the dinner tomorrow night. Okay?”

 

My energy sank. Not only because she was with someone else.

 

“Hyun, I can’t… tomorrow night. I’ll wait for you here.”

 

“Oppa, I can’t leave yet. I’ll be home much later.”

 

“Then I’ll wait.” I wanted to remind her so bad that it was our anniversary, in case she has forgotten.

 

“Hmmm… okay, but I’ve eaten dinner already. Just eat by yourself.”

 

“Okay, I love you…”

 

“Me too…”

 

“Can’t you say it?”

 

“Say what?”

 

“Nothing. Just drive safely on your way home.”

 

“Yes, okay… see you!”

 

She ended the call just like that.

 

I ate my dinner in silence— in the balcony where we were supposed to celebrate our special day. After I cleared everything, I drank the bottle of wine… every last drop of it, and then I climbed on her bed.

 

The next morning, I was awoken by that soft caress by my left ear. I opened my eyes to see her watching me closely. Her elbow plopped on her pillow and her hair dropped near my face.

 

She smelled wonderful in the morning.

 

“Good morning, sleepyhead.”

 

She greeted warmly, the bracelet glistened on her wrist. “Good morning, gorgeous,” I replied as she dropped a kiss on my forehead.

 

I felt like a baby.

 

“I thought you’d wait for me last night.”

 

Her po

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter