She’s The Devil’s Angel

Ad Infinitum
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A/N: the italized are flashbacks

 

.................................................

 

 

 

 

We had another break before, but it was only a month or so.

 

The daughter of my boss came back to Korea, she was one of the girls I dated when Seohyun and I had our longest break.

 

The woman invited me for lunch and out of courtesy I agreed but feared Seohyun would know about it. It was another random event that I could not possibly inform her right away so I just got on with it hoping it would be another usual event.

 

We were just about to start eating when she focused her attention on the farthest end of the restaurant, “Oh, Yonghwa-ssi… that’s Seohyun, isn’t it?”

 

My mind went blank for a second that I followed her gaze and she was right. My Seohyun had occupied a seat a few tables away from us but she was facing us directly. She slightly bowed and smiled for she knew the woman I was dining with. I stood and excused myself.

 

“Hyun,” I bended over to kiss her but she moved slightly that I missed her cheek, “Hyun, I…”

 

“Your date is waiting.” She said casually.

 

I learned from experience to never explain to her especially when she sees me with other women. “Yes, she’s my boss’ daughter.”

 

“I know,” she said as she leafed through the menu book.

 

I swear to god my secretary contacts her for my whereabouts.

 

I sighed and fixed my coat.  “Okay, after this I will drive you back to your office.” I waited for her to answer but she didn’t give me any, instead she looked up at me with a blank expression so I just went back to my table.

 

I explained to the other woman that Seohyun is my girlfriend and she was good enough to suggest that she would talk to her but I said no. We ate in silence but in the corner of my eye, I was watching my girlfriend eat.

 

Her movement always captivates me. She’s refined and poised despite that tumultuous feeling she carries. Those feelings I keep on causing her without fully understanding them.

 

I don’t know how to stop hurting her without even the intent in doing so.

 

We just got back together after a few months that time and I was scared that we would have an argument because of it. I promised myself that I would never give her the reason to doubt me but she has become cold.

 

She has become a different person since then.

 

I looked over my shoulder when the woman across me motioned for me to do so. Hyun stood gracefully and without even looking at me, she walked away. I rushed outside and got hold of her wrist. She looked at me then gently took my hand off her skin.

 

That was the last time in almost two months that I would see her— and touch her.

 

~~~

 

For the second painful time, she shut me off. She wouldn’t accept my calls. She changed her pad’s password. She even requested her company to move her to another branch. She lived in the same house but travelled two hours every day. She refused to attend our common friends’ special events and I never spotted her on the restaurants, shops and cafes she would frequently visit during our time together.

 

She totally shut me off— again.

 

One day, I was having a rough day at work that I stayed in my office and bury myself t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter