Chapter 2

TAMING THE MOBSTER

 

 

Dara didn't bother paying attention to her surrounding; her eyes were glue to the glass of ice water in front of her while her mind was somewhere else.

 

She kept on replying the event that took place earlier in her head. It was as if she couldn't think about anything else  beside that. Unconsciously her hands balled into a fist, she breathed heavily through her nose as her mind started working itself again.

 

Bom sat across from Dara and saw emotions flickered through her face, she wanted to reach out and bring the girl back to reality, but decided against it, it was best to leave Dara alone for now.

 

"Bom", Dara called out, surprising Bom.

 

"N-neh?"

 

"Who were those guys?" Dara's question caught Bom off guard. She wasn't expecting Dara to ask such question.

 

"I'm not sure, there are a lot of undergrounds and gangs around here Dara. But if I have to guess, I think it's YG."

 

Dara stared at Bom in silent, urging the her to continue. 

 

Bom sighed but continued nevertheless, "YG for several decades has been the unrivaled and unchallenged kings of the Mafia business empire. Besides owning huge successful businesses, they're also a big part of the underground world. Only YG is capable of doing something like that earlier and is able to get away with it."

 

Dara nodded, absorbing all of the newly information in. "And do you know where their main base is?" 

 

Bom's eyes grew wide as realization of what Dara was planning to hits her.

 

"No!" She exclaimed and adruptly stood up.

 

Dara rubbed he forehead with her fingers as she felt an incoming headache. 

 

"Bom..."

 

"Dara are you stupid? Crazy?" Bom asking in disbelief.

 

"You know I have to." 

 

"No you don't, there have to be another way." 

 

"Bom....let's talk about this later, neh?" Dara stood up from the sofa and walked toward the guest room of Bom's apartment.

 

"Ya! Dara get back here missy! I'm not done with you!" Bom shouted after her but Dara paid her no attention as she walked into the room and closed the door.

 

As soon as Dara was longer in the living room, Bom clicked her tongue. "Aisht. She has gone crazy. Definitely losing the last piece of her mind." 

 

 

~Oo~

 

 

Dara walked into the living room after her nap and upon seeing no sight of Bom, a frown appeared on her face. She wandered into the kitchen, searching for any signs of Bom. She spotted a yellow sticky note on top of the counter and reached for it.

 

Annyeong Dara,

 

By the time you read this note, I'll be at work. There are foods in the fridge if you're hungry. Don't go wandering off, stay inside of the house and I'll see you at 10 pm! 

 

Love,

 

Bom.

 

Dara pouted not liking the fact she has nothing to do till Bom gets home. She dragged her feet over to the sofa and slumped right down.

 

"What to do, what to do", Dara mumbled before her eyes landed on the remote.

 

Her eyes lit up upon seeing the remote on top of the table in front of her. * Might as well watch some television while I wait for Bom* 

 

 

~Oo~

 

 

"Daesung", G-dragon signaled one of his closest men to come over.

 

Daesung with his hands in his pockets walked over to G-dragon's desk.

 

"Yes boss", he said with hint of amusement in his eyes. 

 

G-dragon rolled his eyes, "Don't mess with me Daesung."

 

"Yes Jiyong!" Daesung saluted playfully.

 

Only with his closest friends do G-dragon let go of his ruthless cover and allowed himself to be Jiyong, not GD the next in line for his family business and Mafia's leader. But a man who care a lot about his friends and family. 

 

Everyone knew GD was his father's pride and joy and the only way to take down YG was to take down GD down, however no one has ever had the success to do so. GD was just that great.

 

"Hyung!" A voic shouted out as the doors to his office swung open and came walking in three men.

 

"Quiet Seungri", Top lazily said as he crashed onto the couch. 

 

He spread his arms out feeling relax for once. "Man you have one great office Ji", Top smiled in satisfaction.

 

"I know", GD smirked and turned his chair around, facing the windows that surrounded his entire office, giving him an amazing night view of Seoul. 

 

"Conceited bastard", Top muttered.

 

"Hey Daesung I heard you're in need of a secretary?" Taeyang asked while going through GD's mini fridge. 

 

"Hyung get me a beer!" Seungri called out as he also sat down on the couch.

 

"Hyung stop taking all the space!" He whined, trying to pull Top's left arm off of the couch. 

 

Top close his eyes, ignoring the whining man next to him. 

 

"Hyunggggggggggg", Seungri tugged harder onto Top's arm. 

 

"Aisht! This brat", wit his foot he kicked Seungri off the couch. 

 

"Both of you are so childish", Taeyang walked over holding two beers. He gave one to Seungri and helped the poor fellow up.

 

"Hyung I hate you!" Seungri dramatically said and stomped over to the other couch with Taeyang. 

 

GD sighed, not knowing why he was friends with them and if they were the same people that could kill fifty guys under twenty minutes. 

 

"Daesung, what Taeyang asked, are you really in need of a secretary?" GD looked over at him.

 

Daesung scratched the back of his neck once he realized he had been spacing out.

 

"Yeah I'm looking for one."

 

"Make sure whoever you're going to hire is safe", GD warned.

 

Daesung nodded, he knew whomever he hire to be his secretary couldn't be a traitor. They couldn't afford any traitors since they already had enough things to deal with.

 

"Make sure she is hot too hyung!" Seungri interjected, earning him a smack behind his head.

 

"Ow! Hyung what was that for?!" Seungri shouted while glaring at Taeyang. 

 

"Stop thinking with your d!ck", Taeyang pointed his bottle at him.

 

"Let me know if you need help, I have a lot of ladies", Top wiggled his eyebrows suggestively at Daesung. 

 

"See! Hyung is thinking with his d!ck as well!" Seungri exclaimed, looking swiftly between GD and Taeyang. 

 

"Taeyang", GD said tiredly.

 

"Got it man", Taeyang stood up and made his way over to Top's side. Before he could do anything, Top pulled out his gun and aimed it at Taeyang, making the guy froze on his spot. 

 

"Try anything and you'll lose an arm", Top threatened.

 

Taeyang held his hands up in defeat and looked over at GD, "Sorry man but I cherish my arm."

 

"Why do I even bother with you idiots?" GD asked no one in particular.

 

Daesung laughed while shaking his head.

 

"It's because you loveeeeeeeeee us!" Top said in a singsong voice. 

 

 

~Oo~

 

 

"BOMMMMMMMMM!" Dara shot up from the sofa and ran toward Bom like her life depends on it. 

 

"You're home!" She hugged Bom using all of her strength.

 

Bom looked down at her in surprise, "I can't breath."

 

Dara immediately let go hearing that, "Sorry."

 

"What did you do today?" Bom asked while walking toward the living room.

 

"Absolutely nothing, I was so bored", Dara trailed behind Bom like a lost puppy.

 

Bom reached inside her bag and pulled out an envelope. "Here", she gave it to Dara.

 

"What's this?" Dara looked at the envelope in her hands curiously. 

 

Bom sat down and patted the spot next to her.

 

"You should open it first", she told Dara once the other girl was seated. 

 

Dara carefully opened the envelope, her eyes widen as soon as she read the first line.

 

"You want me to apply for a secretary job?" Dara asked in surprise. 

 

Bom nodded, "This is not just any secretary job, you will be working for Daesung, an important memeber of YG." 

 

Dara's mouth formed an 'O' , so this was why Bom gave her the form.

 

"But Bom there's something I don't understand, how did you get this?" There was this nagging feeling inside of Dara, she was aware that Bom knew a lot about YG but she never gotten around to ask until now. 

 

"I work for Daesung", Bom said.

 

"What do you mean by working for him?" 

 

*Was she part of the Mafia as well?* 

 

"I work for him in his company. Beside being part of YG, Daesung owns a pretty big company", Bom explained.

 

Dara nodded now understanding everything. "But you were against me of-" 

 

"I did", Bom cut her off.

 

"Why?" Dara questioned. 

 

"Because..." Bom sighed heavily, "It's dangerous. Once you are involved with YG, no matter if you're working for them in their companies or in their underground's trade, you're part of YG. And anyone that want to get to YG could easily hurt you."

 

Bom wanted to keep Dara away from YG because of that very reason, even though she knew Dara's soulmate was a mobster, she didn't want Dara to be involve with them yet. However, after thinking about it at work, Bom knew it was not her place to stop Dara, Cupid sent her down here for that reason and Bom had no right to intervene with fate. She looked at Dara, whom was so busying herself filling out the form. 

 

If Dara was able to get into YG then she was closer to finding her soulmate. YG knew a lot of big and small gangs and they held meeting with them quite often too. This was the only thing she could do for Dara beside watching over the girl.

 

"Bom, I'm scared", Bom was brought out from her thoughts and back to reality when she heard what Dara's said. 

 

Dara was holding the hem of her shirt, her knuckles turning white. Bom saw that and reached over to pat her shoulder lightly. 

 

"It will be okay", she tried to comfort her. 

 

"I don't know if I could do this. What if I fail?" Dara asked, turning to look at Bom.

 

Her lip trembled and her eyes red, "I don't know if I'm strong enough." 

 

"You are. Cupid chose you for this, believe in him and you can't fail at finding your soulmate. I might not have been Cupid's assistant but I do know nothing can keep soul mates apart", Bom said with confident. 

 

Dara genuinely smiled after hearing what Bom said. She totally forgot who she really was. She was Cupid's ex assistant. She was Sandara Park. She was not weak. She was stubborn and strong-will and she will get through this. She will definitely find her soulmate and make him fall in love with her. 

 

"Right. Fighting!" She pumped her fit in the air. 

 

"Fighting!" Bom also pumped her fist up.

 

The two girls looked at each other and started laughing. This was great, they had each other to get pass anything. 

 

 

______________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

Woot! How do you like the update???

I heard about the typhoon in Philippines....

and I just want to let you know, you're in my prayer. Be safe everyone and you will get through this!

To all of my Filipino subscribers, you guys are strong and

I hope everyone are safe! 

Much love from author-nim <3