***Christmas Special***

Babysitting the Playboy-Luhan

Christmas Special Chapter: It's the most wonderful time of the year

 

 

 

 

Im Jane's Point of View:

 

It was just a normal day for me. I sighed as I looked at the ceiling, the cool breeze touched my pale cheeks. Of course not! Christmas is tomorrow and today is my special day! I excitedly hopped out of my bed, fixing my bed then went to the bathroom. After brushing my teeth, I splash waters at my face to make me fully awaken. Everything was so peaceful, definitely this was a blessed day for me. *Thank God.* I sighed in satisfaction, but then, "Oi, ahjumma!!"a very annoying voice echoed in the empty space. *No it wasn't* and rolled my eyes. I looked at him with so much disgusting look I kept since the day of my birth. Destroying my peaceful morning. 

"What? Your mom asked me to call you, duh." he said and crossed his arms above his chest, maybe he thought that I got this disgusted look because he entered in my bathroom without asking to me first. Of course not! I got this because he existed in my life. Okay, but since it's Christmas and my Birthday I'll share a sweet smile at him. "Okay, and good morning..... midget." don't forget his name. "Yuck!" he commented after me giving him my rare sweet smile, this brat sure is unappreciative. Forget his attitude Jane. Still smiling like an idiot here. He blinked his eyes and after a minute he gave up and turned his back at me. 

"Whatever ahjumma, just go down stairs." he said and walked his feet outside the room. What is his problem? Oh, never mind.

After changing from my pajamas to my usual clothes, I walked to the kitchen and heard them laughing. I entered the kitchen, "Morning." and I sat on my chair, Luhan was sitting beside me. "Oh, Jane." Appa said when he noticed me, I raised my head and looked at him. "Jane-dear, do you have important things to do today?" eomma asked while preparing my pancakes and putting the honey syrup on the top of it. "Ah, none. I'm not that busy today." because this is my birthday, I'm going to have a day-off. I take a slice of my pancake then after I swallowed it I looked at her. "Why mom?"

"We're going to visit the grave of your sister." Oh, I forgot. Today was her death anniversary. When I turned 12 appa received a call that Im In-Na went to a car accident. And immediately appa together with eomma left the house, leaving me with just Siwan-oppa. Please don't be confused, the Im couple have three children; Im In-na, their eldest, second was Im Siwan who was 5 years younger than her and then it's me who was 4 years younger than my oppa. "You mean, I'm the only one left here?" I said a loud, no way! No freaking way! This is my special day, and yet my family never remember it? 

"Lulu will stay here, look for him while we're gone." Officially my day was now ruined. Eomma, appa, and oppa didn't remember my Birthday and now I'm left here with this midget.

***

"Take care." I waved at them good bye. "Don't forgot to lock the doors." mom reminded. Great, she never forgot to remind me that but she forgot her daughter's Birthday. She then hopped in the car. They are now gone. I closed the door and locked it. "Don't mess around. I'm going back to my bed." I said and walked pass him. "Hey, your mom ordered you to accompany me! So stay here." he ordered like he was the one who fed me. Still getting on my nerves, huh? "No way!" I shouted at him that took him to step back. Good. So I turned my feet to the stairs but then he blocked my way. "Not so fast ahjumma."

"You! Testing me?" I clenched my fists to scare him. And a rang on the doorbell stopped me from glaring him. I went to the front door, I saw Sooyoung's face in the camera. "Sooyoung!" Thank goodness she was here, and that means I will never be left alone with this annoying midget. 

"Hey!" I greeted as I opened the door. Sooyoung gave me her wide smile. Oh, maybe this was not a sad day for me, since my best friend was here. And I know out of them all, she was the only one who'll never forget about my Birthday. I smiled at the back of my head. We both entered, and I saw Luhan sitting at the couch watching television. Okay, that's good. I'm praying that he will not going to do something bad.

"Oh, it's Lulu." Sooyoung exclaimed and approached him. Really, did she visit me or him? "Coffee or tea?" I asked her. "Juice!" Luhan ordered, I glared at him saying; Shut-up!

"Oh, I want juice too!~" Sooyoung mimicked. 

"Okay, I'll get your juice." I answered.

"Put a lot of ice.... noona?" Luhan added with his puppy eyes, this guy, he know how to act. "Me too unnie." Sooyoung copied him again, I rolled my eyes to them both and left. It's so cold and yet, they want some cold drinks. I exited the kitchen with two tall glasses of orange juice with a lots of ice. "Here are your drinks." and laid it in the center table. "Thank you Jane-ah." Sooyoung was the one who talked first and get her orange juice. "Ooh, soo cold." her teeth gritted due to the cold drink. See? "Oh, I received a text from my eomma, she want me to go and buy her something at the convenience store." 

"Oh." I dropped my look. "Merry Christmas." she said and gave me a peck in the cheek. She left immediately. I gave up, no one rembers my Birthday. Ugh, I know. Because they are busy. I sat beside Luhan. "Something's wrong?" he asked, I looked at him. Nope, even though we are classmates since we're first year high school, it's still not possible that he know my Birthday. Because he is a player, and I bet he doesn't know the girls who are flirting with him too. I shook my head, telling that 'nothing', yeah, it's nothing. "Hey, if you feel bad. You can tell it to me. I'll listen." he said seriously and without looking at me, I smiled at my mind. He is not that mean at all. "That's nothing. Thanks.." I said with a low voice but I never thought that he will hear it and smiled a little. "Want to watch something good?" 

"Really?!"

"Hey, don't get your hopes up. I don't have a y video." I teased, he rolled his eyes. I inject my flash drive at the side of the flat screen television. I sat again beside him. Then I picked the 'Disney Frozen'. "Don't tell me, you'll make me watch that?" he pointed at the screen. "Why? It's so good! And Olaf is so cute." I cuddle a pillow imagining it.

The movie started. I keep my eyes glued in the screen, in the edge of my eyes, I saw Luhan yawning but he also keeps himself awake to finish the video. I'm happy with that.

My favorite scene....Then the movie ended. I hate endings. I stood up while stretching my arms. I saw Luhan stares at the screen like a child. Well, he is a child, I giggled at myself. I went to my room and get my cardigan with a bonet, scarf and a pair of winter gloves. "Want to go and create an 'Olaf'?" I asked cheerfully. He stood up and nodded.

***

It's already four in the afternoon when we stopped making our Korean version of 'Olaf the Snowman', Luhan went inside while I'm left and polishing our snowman. "A carrot will make it more real." Luhan said at my back, I grabbed the carrot and put it in. "Now, it's Olaf II!" I exclaimed and put my scarf to him. But then someone threw a snowball on my head. "What th--" another snowball landed on my face. It was the little Luhan. Oh, you're testing me huh? I grabbed a snow and shaped it circle. I threw it at him, he tried to escape but because of his little legs he fell and the snowball hit his head. "Hahahah! Gotcha!" I laughed, and a big snowball threw to my opened mouth. "Yah! You!" now I'm pissed. 

We have a long snowball fight. We grabbed a snow and threw it in the air never thinking if we hit someone or not. Hahah, it's Christmas! Just have some fun. Then it went dark. As I said, I really hate endings. We went inside before we catch a cold. I gave him a warm cup of chocolate. Eomma texted me, but not remembering my Birthday, instead she said that they'll come home late and we should eat dinner alone. 

After having a dinner, I have a nice warm bath. Then I told Luhan to take a bath too.

It was already nine in the evening, still no signs of them. I the television. Breaking News! It was an accident, a car lose control and went straight to the sea. Oh my, that was near here. They said; the car was containing a three members of the family; the father, the mother and their son. I immediately stood in my feet, tears were threatening to fall. Oh, no. It should be a happy day for me, and Christmas is tomorrow. No, not again. I'm okay, even though they forgot about my Birthday but please, don't leave me completely. Little by little my tears are now shedding to my cheeks. 

"Eomma.... Apppa.... Siwan-oppa." I said, almost like a whisper. Luhan went to me, he saw the news and was a bit shock. "I have to go there!--" before I ran to the door, Luhan grabbed me, with his small yet warm hand. "Stay... calm." he said, how can he order me to stay calm when we both know what just happened. I fell on my knees, my shoulders were trembling while crying. "How can I calm down when my only family!--" he hugged me. "Don't say that.. All is well." he whispered. In some reason it makes me calm down. 

The doorbell rung, *Oh no.* I felt jelly in my knees. I don't have the strength to approach them. But then Luhan opened the door. It took them a long time so I went to see what's going on.

"Wha--"

"Jane-dear!" Eomma cried out and went to give me a bear hug. "Ma, why are you here?"

"Last time we checked, this was our house." Appa answered, I pulled myself to that hug. "But I thought, you were caught in an accident." the three of them looked at each other. "What?" Eomma asked a bit confused. How silly, I thought that-- never mind. "Thank God you are all safe."

"Of course, we don't want to miss your Birthday." Oppa answered.

"Siwan!" Eomma scolded as oppa told me the truth. Agh, I get it. While my brows are wiggling. "Oh, and why you guys are so messy?" waiting an answer from them, they look at each other again.

"The car stopped in our way home, so we just walked and tried to find a cab but there was a heavy fall of snow."

"That explains everything." I laughed, they blinked in confusion but then joined me laughing. I gave them towels and then oppa, lit a birthday candle in the top of a cake? Well, it was a little bit messy. I bet he was the own who carried it all along. "Hey, do you call that a cake?" I teased, but before I blew the candle Sooyoung entered. "The door was open so I let my self in." she said and saw me with the cake, "Oh, so you're going with the program without me?" she played like she was hurt. Yes, I know she was one of them. She kissed my eomma's cheek then my appa.

"Okay, let us proceed!" she said while waving her camera in the air. The cake was now put on the top of our table. "Okay, you blow the candle. In the count of 1... 2..." then she signaled three, but before I blew my OWN candle, Luhan who was standing in the chair beside me blew it first. "Yah!" They all laugh.

"Oh my, Lulu. That's your unnie's candle." eomma corrected while chuckling. 

"He got excited seeing a cake." Sooyoung laughed. I rolled my eyes. Of course he wants to ruin my Birthday. Eomma sliced a cake and gave one big part to the midget. "That was my cake!" I protested.

"This was Lulu's reward." Eomma smiled.

"What? Don't tell me, he was part of this plan?"

Eomma and appa chuckled. "This was his plan." Siwan-oppa stated and I turned at him. Plan? His? Then I looked at Luhan he gave me a cute grin.

"My original plan was, baking you a cake the same as last year. But this cute little Lulu, suggested that we should have a new kind of celebration."

"Oh, I see now. So that is why, you guys are all laughing earlier."

"Yeah." Appa answered while running his hand under his chin.

"Our Lulu, is so smart." Sooyoung complimented. 

"Okay, I know he is smart." Please note the sarcasm. "This is my special day so."

"Happy Birthday dear." eomma greeted and gave me a kiss in my right cheek, she gave me her gift. "Thanks."

"Happy birthday Jane." appa said after eomma and kissed my forehead. He handled me a box, it was not wrapped so I saw it. An IPhone 5. "Thank you appa!"

"Okay okay, Jane blow your candle alright?" Oppa called, he lit a candle again. And this time, the cake is decorated as a snowman. How cute. I took my new phone and shot a picture. I remembered Olaf. This was my oppa's gift. "Oh, and don't forget my gift!" Sooyoung interrupted and gave me a huge wrapped gift. I opened it and a very cute 'Piplup' I love penguins~ I went to hug her.

I can't stop myself but to laugh, earlier I thought they forgot my Birthday, showing my tantrums. I looked at Luhan, I know even he doesn't have a gift, still he was the one who planned it. And I appreciated it. Maybe letting him to stay at our house is not a bad a idea at all. "Thank you again, everyone." But before I blew my cake again, nope, Luhan never blew it himself. We heard a fireworks and everyone in the neighborhood shouting; "Merry Christmas!!" And when we all looked at the wall clock. It was past twelve. My Birthday was already ended. Ugh, I hate endings!

We all laugh. But then I blew my candle. I'm a year early for my next Birthday, I smiled. We all went outside and watch the fireworks, different colors scattered around the sky. I closed my eyes and prayed; *Please, bless me more this year.* I opened my eyes and smiled, still, my family members were busy watching the fireworks. I looked at Luhan who was standing beside me. The lights were reflected inside his eyes. Maybe he is praying for something. *Lord, please help him find the one who cursed him and return him to his original state.* I know, he felt broken, now that he can't come home to his family to celebrate the Christmas. So I promise, I'll be a kind noona for him. I'm preparing myself for this job, giving up is not in my vocabulary, I'm going to baby-sit the playboy Luhan. I smiled. Merry Christmas.

 

Author's Note:

Annyeong Babysitters (My Dear Readers) !!! This chapter is my gift to you this Christmas!~ Please forgive my errors. Christmas is the season of giving and receiving. Just please remember the true meaning of Christmas, the birth of our Lord Jesus Christ, He is the only way the Truth and the Life. He was the symbol of God's love for us, so share that 'love' with your loved ones and those people around you. MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAVE A PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR!!! :)

 

____________________***The End Of The Special Chapter***____________________