Friends?

Alone

Namsoon sighs tiredly as he heads home. It’s been a month since he’s last been home. Walking up the stairs, he sighs, hoping to get back to his bed and sleep. A bowl of ramyun sounds nice too. Stopping, he turns to look over the scenery, thinking back to the first meeting with the strange girl. Meeting her at the convenient store was coincidence. Perhaps it’s to replace the emptiness or to have someone pull him back when things got too much, but he felt himself being pull towards her. He never expected her to send him to the hospital or care for him afterwards without asking questions for the entire month. Though he didn’t like how she took on the role of taking his attackers off the streets either.

“Go Namsoon.” A smirk appears on his face. “I heard you got a noona taking care if you now. How does it feel? To sell yourself for money.” The fist comes flying before he realizes it.

It was rage and perhaps the longing to dominate that propelled him to throw the first punch. The sound of his fist connecting with his target excited him. It made him feel strong again, like he can defeat nothing and everyone. A punch here, a kick there. He’s in his element and nothing can stop him. The fight went by in a blur and it ended with a sickening crunch. He blinks, trying to place the source of the sound. Pulling his fist back, he finds it numb. His opponent, lying at his feet covered in bruises and blood, is down for the count. “Che!” Spitting the blood from his split lip, he grabs his bag and heads home.

“I’m starting to like you covered in bruises and cuts. Is that a bad thing?” She snickers at the look of disbelief on his face. Pressing another bandage on his face, she fixes his messy hair.

“What? You want me to get beaten up?”

“I’m saying, it makes you look less like a child and more like a man.” She explains as she puts down the plate of food. “Why do you fight?”

“What’s with the question?” In the weeks he has known her, she had never questioned his way of life. Despite being different, she was similar to…him…in a way. He lowers his head, wondering how he can’t even say his name. He could still at first, but…

“Just curious. I mean, you wanted to rip my head off the first time I met you.” She picks up her vibrating phone, noticing the looking Namsoon’s face. “What do you want? …What? Why? …And if I say no? …I don’t work for you. There’s no contract between us. …What are you talking about? What contract?”

Namsoon watches as the girl, who he still doesn’t know the name of, shows a wide range of emotions, ranging from irritation to anger to wanting to kill someone.

“Alright! Alright!” She shouts in defeat. “I’ll do the stupid babysitting job.” She hangs up and slams the phone down.

“Babysitting?”

“Some idiot got into trouble in Seoul so the higher-ups are sending him here until things calm down and wants me to look after him.”

“What he do?”

“He beat up a kid that turns out to be a mafia member’s kid. Not only that, it’s one of the higher up’s kid. If the group finds him, he’s gonna end up fish food in the Han River.” She growls in irritation. “You’ll be fine by yourself?”

“Yeah, I’ll be good.” Namsoon grabs the plates and heads for the sink. “You don’t have to cook for me every day you know. I’ll take care of myself.”

“Nah, its fine. You helped me look for information the police could use so I should look out for you.”

“You should take up hyung’s offer.”

“Hyung?”

“Bryan hyung.” Namsoon smiles at the frown on her face. “Don’t tell him I said that. He’ll never leave it alone.”

“I have a sneaky suspicion you’re talking about me.” Bryan’s sits down next to Namsoon. “You still eating her stuff?”

“Ahjusshi, aren’t you doing the same? You’re no different. You come and eat her food too.” Namsoon scoffs, grabs his bag and heads out.

“Namsoon!” Grabbing the set of keys, she throws it towards the taller boy. “Don’t wait up for me. Just let yourself in if you’re coming over.”

“Don’t you have to babysit?” He looks at the keys in his hand, amazed at how trusting she can be. He could be a con artist or a criminal who hasn’t been caught yet for all she knows.

“Stay in the basement if you come over. It has everything you need.” A playful grin appears on her face. “Don’t sneak into my bed, okay?”

“If I don’t sneak into your bed, then whose do I sneak in to? Ahjusshi’s? I’m not gay. I like girls.” Ignoring Bryan’s screams, he pockets the keys and leaves the house.

After listening to Bryan’s complains for an hour, he finally brings her to meet the kid she’s going to be taking in. “You need to watch him until we can capture the head of that mafia, okay? Just be careful. That boss doesn’t like you either.” He reminds, thinking back on how the short, fat man looked when his partner charged in like a typhoon.

“Yeah, yeah. Whatever!” Waiting boredom in the car, she growls at the knock on her window. Seeing a group of people approaching, she gets out with a sigh, bowing in greeting.

“This is our top officer, Bryan and his partner, Typhoon.” The chief introduces. “Your brother will be stating with her during his protection period.”

“T-Typhoon?” The girl, probably the sister, turns to 'Typhoon' with a frown. “Don’t you have someone older?”

“Sorry for being young.” She apologizes rudely.

“YAH!” The chief turns to her with a scowl.

“What? I don’t have to do this. Should I just go?”

The chief smile apologetically, moving over to her. “She’s giving you a compliment. It’s good that you look young, right?”

“I don’t know if it’s good or not, but if you don’t move away, I’m going to punch your lights out, got it?” She turns to the kid, a tall boy towering above her

with wide shoulders and masculine features, unlike another tall boy she knows. “Get in.” She sighs at the lack of movement, walking over to the other side to open the door. “Your royal highness, please get in and I’ll take you to my place of residence so I may do the guarding of the body and the sitting of the baby.”

Bryan stiffens a laugh with the back on his hand as the chief fumes. He can see the smirk on her face, knowing how much she enjoys the short, hopping mad chief while aware he can’t do anything to her.

The boy glances up front at the two officers, especially at the girl he’ll be living with. Ever since his departure months ago, he never though he would return so early, especially because of what he did. “What would Namsoon say about me now?” He mumbles to himself.

Glancing back, she decides to make the most of it. “What’s your name? My driver here is Bryan. I’m Typhoon.”

“Typhoon? Is that really your name?” The boy asks with curiosity, turning his attention to her as if she has grown another head.

“It’s Conis. Typhoon is what people call me because of the things I do.”

“Yah, kid.” Bryan glances back via the rear mirror, air in between his teeth. “I don’t know if I should be happy or relived you got assigned to this ahjumma.” He teases, earning a smack to his head.

“Weayo? Is something wrong?” Heungsoo asks, curious above all.

“She’s violent and aggressive. Make sure you not get her angry, okay?”

“Bryan, shut up.” She growls. “Drop me off at the convenient store.”

“Why? I’ll take you to the supermarket. You need to cook instead of buying instant food.”

“I’ll turn you into Swiss Cheese if you don’t drop me off at the convenient store.” Conis growls at the man in irritation. Turning back, she waves to grab the boy’s attention. “Bryan will drop you off at my house. When you’re done looking around, come look for me at the store, okay? You can hang around with me or walk around the place to get yourself comfortable with the neighborhood.”

“Are you crazy? What if those gangsters show up? What are you going to do then? And what you mean look for you at the convenient store? Are you doing something without telling me?” He stops the car and turns to her with a frown. “What are you up to?”

“I need to work because you’re an who only calls when you have trouble catching criminals and the money can’t do for me.” She pushes the car door open, glaring at the man on the driver side.

“Are you feeling okay?” Byran frowns at his partner’s language.

“Just peachy.” She slams the door close, walking over to the back seat and knocking on the window. “I don’t have a room ready for you yet so you’ll have to put your stuff in the living room. When I get back tonight, I’ll try to clean it up for you okay? If not, then tomorrow. I hope we’ll enjoy our time living together.”

“Okay.”

“I’m sorry for the interruption before. I still don’t have your name.”

“Park Heungsoo.”

 

 


So...Heungsoo and Namsoon possibly will be in the same house together. What's going to happen now? Will they get the chance to meet? Who wants them to meet? Tell me and I'll see which choice I should make.