Rebellion and Fights

Alone

Following the strange girl, he didn’t expect to be led to a house. Watching her walk up the stairs, he hesitates nervously. “Aren’t we getting something to drink?”

“We are. It’s more comfortable indoors. Come on. I won’t bite.” Shivering once more, she pushes the door open. “If my cat runs out, I’m going to blame it on you!” She screams from inside.

He slowly walks up the stairs frowning as a cat peaks out from inside. Namsoon quickly grabs the cat, watching as another stare at him, turning and running away while a third speeds away like he’ll eat the poor creature. He closes the door behind him with the cat in his arms. The cat successful runs away after struggling the moment it’s picked up. Turning his attention to the house, he finds it neat and comfy, unlike his. He walks into the kitchen, where the sounds of things moving echoes in his ear, and sits down on one if the stools.

“Can I have your phone?”

“Eh?”

“Your phone.” She watches as he hands over his phone, slightly hesitating. Taking it and turning it around in a single swift motion, she turns it on and puts in her number. “Call if you need anything. I’ll drop everything and rush over to you, okay!”

“W-what?” Taken back, he finds himself speechless. Ever since Heungsoo’s departure, he’s been alone.

“I’ll put you on top of my list. No matter what happens, where I am or what I’m doing, you’ll come first. No questions asked.” She places a mug of hit chocolate.

“You seem like the kind to get really attach to someone to the point of falling apart once the other disappears.” She sips her drink. “It’s fine though, I’m the same. I get attached really easily, then fall apart when I’m left alone.”

“Do you live by yourself?”

“Yup.” She turns her attention towards the other. “Why? You planning to do something to me?”

“Aniyo.” He glances away nervously. “I’m just curious.” Thinking about his living arrangements, he gets curious. “Don’t you get lonely?”

“Living alone has its benefits, but also its problems.” Her phone starts vibrating and she quickly grabs it. “Hello?” Leaving the kitchen, she takes the call in hushed tones.

“Am I bothering you?” He shifts in his chair, wondering if he should leave.

“It’s fine.” She quickly grabs her keys and jacket. “I’ll be back in a bit.” She quickly gets out if the house before he could say a word.

Namsoon awkwardly sits in the house alone, waiting for the owner to return. He turns his eyes towards the chubby grey striped cat, noting at how it seems to glare at him. The second, the one he picked up previously, jumps up on the kitchen counter, watching Namsoon as if he’s a thief. The third, watches Namsoon from under the couch.

“Sorry. I had to pick up something.” Entering the kitchen, she turns to the cat in the counter. “What?” She watches as the cat walks over, leaning his face close to hers has if wanting a kiss. “You hungry?”

Namsoon watches as the girl hold a one-sided conversation with the cat.

“Get down, shoo.” She pushes the cat off, moving her pile of document to the table. “They had to bother me on my day off, those idiots.” She mumbles.

“Maybe I should go. I don’t want to bother you.”

“Don’t. Stay here.” She practically demands. “Sorry. I have a bunch of stuff to do so I’ll be busy.” She bites her lips nervously. “Can you help? I’ll pay you.”

“Pay?” He wonders just how much the girl makes to be able to ‘pay’ him.

“You know, I’ll cook for you.” She frowns at the look on his face. “Never mind. I don’t want to bother you. It’s just that…it gets lonely when I’m here by myself.” She turns away from him, avoiding his gaze. “Forget I said that. Sorry.”

“Yah, Go Namsoon.” Kang Joo stands in front of his desk, a hand on her hip and looking irritated. “Are you going out with that girl?”

“No.” He quickly gets up and leaves the class room.

“Go Namsoon.” The teacher stops him with a frown. “Where were you last night?” She asks with concern for her student’s well being. With the lack of an answer, she pushes. “Someone told me they saw you dragging a girl away then following her home. You’re not getting into any trouble, are you?”

“Aniyo.” He chuckles, slightly amused at the teacher’s trail of thought. “Weayo? Do you want me to tell you how I followed her home and attacked her?” He laughs at the paling face and leaves.

“Go Namsoon, we need to talk.” With a metal pipe in his hand, he walks over to the startled boy. “We need to settle the score with you.”

“Only you?” His grin fades at the rustling of feet and the large group surrounding him. It’s been weeks since his last real fight. With the changing of schools, he’s by himself now, but beating the boys that hung out with him was the real reason.

“You’ll pay for beating me up.”

With the clenching and loosening of his fists, he can feel his heart pumping, his muscles tensing, his feet shifting and his entire body screaming for him to start moving. He’s excited, he knows that. Fighting helps him forget. It’s something that doesn’t require him to do with someone else. It’s something he feels free and said nothing matters. Physical pain is better than emotional pain, much better.

With a scream, he lifts the pipe and charges forward. The sound of fighting echoes in the alleyway. A body goes down, then another and another. Like a fight with wild animals, it continues into the night.

 

 


Namsoon ah, are you trying to drown yourself in physical pain? Heungsoo isn't here to stop you or help you get out of trouble. What are you doing? >_<