Typhoon

Alone

“Are you ready?” He turns to his partner, noting at how she wraps her fingers around the gun nervously. “Relax.”

“I can relax if you’ll just let me put the gun away.”

“I know you rather use your fists, but this is dangerous. They have guns. This isn’t a fight between high-schoolers.”

“I can still take them on.”

“How’s the kid?” He asks, changing topics to calm her down.

“Not now, Bryan.” She urges, gripping her gun tightly. “Later.”

“The kid is important. Everyone is trying to recruit him. He’s dangerous. If the groups get their hands on him, we’ll be in trouble.”

“Shut it!” She hisses angrily, her finger on the trigger twitching.

“Yah! Watch where you’re going!” A voice screams echoing in the otherwise quiet alleyway. “You can’t afford to pay, even if you have a hundred lives!” He scolds the five men as they move the objects to a van.

“Freeze! Police!” A voice shouts from behind Bryan, causing him to curse under his breath.

The men flinch and slam the van door close. Three other men, standing at the door of the building, starts running, the items in their hands falling to the floor. They run down the alley and turn into the busy streets.

“Go after them!” The idiot team leader shouts.

Without another word, the team scatters, returning to their cars for the chase. Without waiting for her partner, she rushes down the alley.

“Yah! Typhoon!” Growling, he gets into his car and starts chasing…his partner. “That idiot is going to get herself killed one day.”

Running down the street, she shoves her gun back into her holster. Glancing for cars, she rushes into busy streets, grabbing one of the fugitives by the back of his shirt. With a jab and a knee to the stomach, she successfully cuffs him to the metal railing in less than two minutes. Running after the two others, she corners them dead ends street. Cracking her knuckles, she prepares for a fight. The two men charge at her much smaller form. She twists the first punch, kicking his knee from under him and flipping him painfully onto his back. The second man rushes towards her with a metal pipe in his hand. She grabs the pipe, knees him in the stomach and brings down her elbow on his back. She ends her attack with a forceful kick to his stomach. Cuffing them, she grabs them by the back of their jackets and pushes them into the busy street, towards their partner in crime. “You’re dead, got it?”

“Couldn’t you wait?!” Bryan asks with concern all over his face. “What if you got into trouble?”

“I’m fine. You’re too slow.” She smiles at her worried partner. “A typhoon slows down for no one.”

Bryan chuckles as the other officers shove the three men into the van. “Where you heading now?”

“Home.”

“Want a ride? I’ll take you.”

“I’ll be fine.” She urges with a wave of her hand. “I’m not really part of this whole teamwork thing. I know I’m supposed to, but I rather be by myself.” She smiles tiredly at him. “You understand, right?”

“Be careful then. Call me if something comes up.” He sighs as his partners leaves, waving without looking back.

 

 


If she's Typhoon and Namsoon's Tsunami, what's going to happen once they meet?