Without You

Alone

Walking in the empty streets, Namsoon thought back to three weeks ago, when he and Heungsoo were still together. He still had his best friend, his other half, but now, he’s completely alone. He turns a corner and sees familiar faces.

“Go Namsoon, we have a score to settle with you.”

Namsoon smirks. ‘Perfect.’

Fists were thrown. Punches landed and kicks connected. The adrenaline rushed to his head, muffling the sounds and screams. When it finally stops drumming in his ears, it was over. He slide down to the ground, covered in blood, cuts, and soon to be bruises. He turns his attention to the group lying a few feet away from him.

“Next time I see you, you won’t be as lucky.” Namsoon spits out the blood in his mouth and gets up, leaving the wounded group alone. “Weaklings.” He scoffs with arrogance. “Nothing but a bunch of amateurs.”

The sun starts to rise, giving the sky a nice orange-ish yellow and red glow. Early in the morning, the only one present is the battered figure covered in cuts and blood walking down the street. An elderly couple steps away to avoid him as they pass, looking at him with disapproval and shaking their heads in pity. They know the motherless child abandoned by his father. They know where he’s staying, alone in a house by himself.

Turning the corner, Namsoon pulls out his keys. Standing at his door, he pauses before shoving the key in and turning the knob to the quiet house. Sighing, he tosses his coat, his school uniform, aside and plops down on the floor, spreading out and closing his eyes.

“I’m fine. I’m okay. Nothing’s wrong. Everything’s fine.”

When he opens his eyes, he finds the sun high up in the sky. He turns to his phone, noticing the lack of texts and calls. At this time three weeks ago, Heungsoo would have left countless messages on his phone if he wasn’t already trying to knock down his door. Picking himself up, he winces at the pain in his back. He walks into his room and throws himself in bed. He closes his eyes, trying to forget the memory etched in his head.

Namsoon ah, a scout saw me.” Heungsoo announces excitedly.

Really? That’s great.”

He said I have a chance to go to Seoul.”

Yah, if you don’t, then who does?”

You…” Heungsoo smiles. “You bastard…” He wraps his arm around Namsoon’s neck, pulling him into an affectionate hug.

“I’m fine. I’m okay.” Namsoon repeats. “I don’t miss him. It’s okay. Nothing’s wrong. Everything’s okay.” His eyes fall close and sleep claims him.

“We need to teach him a lesson.”

“How? He’s Tsunami. He’s going to kill us if we fight him.”

“Tsunami? Che. He’s just one guy. He can’t defeat us all.”

“I don’t want to get beaten up again.”

“Don’t worry. I have a plan.” He smirks evilly, knowing the plan would be perfect.

 

 


I know it's short. I'm still writing it, but I want to post a bit as I continue writing. Hope this makes you curious.