Tell Me

{Discontinued} The Devil's Bride

 

Luhan's Point of View

 

"Jangmi! Hey, this is not funny!" I half-shouted while shaking her lifeless shoulders. This girl spells trouble all over.

I might be suitable enough to marry, but I want to marry a modest woman. Not a tomboy-ish girl.

A woman, not a girl. 

The nurses by grandfather's hospital bed subsided as they came to accompany me with Jangmi's unconscious body.

I looked over grandfather's side. Phew, he's in a good condition now. How about the troublemaker? What are the nurses going to do with her?

The doctor in charge instructed the nurses to place Jangmi in another room and not in a stuffy couch.

I walked to the man in an all white suit. "Is she okay?" My voice sounded concerned but deep inside, I wasn't.

Hey, isn't it normal to put a facade every now and then?

He shot me a serious look. "Do you have any idea why she fainted, mister?" I shrugged my shoulders. 

Like I care.

"She was about to exit the room when she started moving back till she bumped her head on the wall," I pointed at the exact spot she fainted.

With a curious expression on the doctor's face, he walked towards the place where Jangmi fainted. 

He crouched, his fingers placed under his chin one by one. Then his gaze went straight to the mirror hanged behind the wooden door.

His mouth formed an 'ah' before marching back beside me. The eyes behind his eyeglasses meant serious bussiness.

The doctor removed his glasses and wiped it with a small cloth. He said, "I'm afraid the girl has catoptrophobia."

"Catoptrophobia is the fear of mirrors. Is she, somehow, afraid of her own reflections too?" He asked, putting back his glasses on.

I shrugged. "She's not a family member of mine. She's only a visitor."

"But the tone you produced awhile ago says otherwise," He replied, smirking playfully. I rolled my eyes.

This guy is something.

Before I could even reply, a loud bang was heard from the door. My mom and dad stood there, frozen and speechless of my grandfather's state.

Mother dropped the bag of plastic she held and hurriedly ran to my grandfather's side.

"Is your grandfather alright? Where's Jangmi-ssi?" Mother bombarded me with consecutive questions.

I sighed. "Grandpa's in a stable condition. Jangmi... well, let's just say, she out."

My mother's face was turning red the moment she heard the three last words of the sentence.

Does she mean so much to my mother?

Why does she mean so much to my family?

That girl is nothing but a goody two shoes who wants to steal our family's hard earned money.

Not to mention, more trouble for me.

Of all the people, why Jangmi?

Why her?!

 

- - - - -

 

My got stuck beside Jangmi's sleeping figure on the bed. Disappointed glances from my parents were thrown here and there.

I just hate you, Yoo Jangmi. 

"Jangmi might not be your bride-to-be, but at least care for the girl." Mom's strict voice tingled in my ears.

Dad shook his head, crossing his arms in the process, "I am very disappointed of your actions, young man."

Oh, so I'm the bad guy now. Interesting. Very interesting.

"I guess it's a need for a family talk now, dear," Mom nodded, rising from her chair.

I followed them until we were led outside Jangmi's hospital room and into the quiet hallways.

I fiddled with my fingers, intentionally avoiding their death-like gazes. My toes playing a familiar rythm.

The rythm echoed through the deserted hallway. 

Dad pinched the bridge of his nose. "Luhan, you clearly know that you are a part of our family. We're doing our very best to make you grow into a fine young man."

Every single time I do something wrong even if it wasn't my intention, they would always bring up those family matters. 

What pains my heart most is the not the fact that they turn their attentions at my mistakes, but the reason why they always have to bring up the family stuff.

Deep inside me, I know I'm not a part of their goddamned family.

I was never a part of it to begin with. 

"You don't have to rub it in my face." I said, eyeing both of the adults in front of me.

Father returned a confused expression. "What do you mean, Luhan?"

"Ever since I left that hell of an orphanage, I knew that in your eyes I would only be an adopted child of yours. And that thought was already stamped in my heart so there's no turning back."

This family treated me well better than my original parents. They acknowledged me as their very own son. 

But the thing is, why do I feel that I'm being used for their bussiness purposes?

Why do I feel extraneous whenever I'm with this family? I know for the fact that I'm not their biological son.

But why do my senses tell me that I have another calling other than being a part of them?

Mother captured me into a tight embrace. "Son, if you think that you're benefit in this family is being a bridge to other companies, then don't. We love you too much."

I pulled away from the hug. I sighed deeply. "Prove it."

Without any more words spoken, my feet dragged me inside Jangmi's room only to find out that she was wide awake.

Her back straightened on the headboard of the bed. Jangmi sent me a pitiful gaze. "I..." Her voice trailed off.

Then her fierce look covered her eyes and slapped the back of my head, hard. "Yah! Don't be so rude to your parents, you jerk!"

"You heard?" I asked, widening my eyes. "Yoo Jangmi, you brat. Why did you eavesdrop?!" Jangmi slightly jumped in her place but recollected herself quickly.

She pointed her finger at me, "If you think your parents were using for bussiness, just stop."

I neared my face towards her. A few more centimeters and our lips would instantly lock. She gulped hard, avoiding my gaze.

"Yoo Jangmi. Look at me."

She refused. She shook her head.

"Stubborn, eh? Wait a minute, I think I brought a compact mirror." I mentioned, searching for my clutch bag jokingly.

Her eyes quickly grew like saucers. "Yah! Okay. Okay! I'll look at you!" We returned to the said position, only this time a swift movement would make our lips brush.

"If what you said awhile ago was true, then I'll marry you." I said, leaning a little bit closer to her. 

 

 

 

- - - - -

 

Heyo! ^^ Miss me? 

Sorry if I just updated today. -_-" Our internet was crappy for the past few days. 

And I was on vacation in our province so no internet. /le puffs/

Anyways, how's the chap? Boring. I know. 

Comment. Comment. Comment, and all is well. :D

Luv ya~ <3

 

xoxo, --shootingstar