Shh! It's A Secret

{Discontinued} The Devil's Bride

 

Play: Black and White - G.NA

 

- - - - - 

 

"Luhan dear, I'll go order some food for us to eat later. Accompany Jangmi to your grandfather's room, okay?" said Mrs. Lu, giving a peck on Luhan's cheeks. She waved at me afterwards.

I harshly stepped on the flower boy's foot. "Cut the crap." The elevator 'ding-ed' open. 

Ugh, that horrible sound.

Both of us entered the elevator with no other person around. 

Me.

Luhan.

No one else.

"You know Jangmi, you're pretty good at acting." Luhan stated. I kept silent as always.

"It's not acting, bro. Its the real me. I just don't favor talking to people who blubber nonsense like those kids in our school, crappy rich people and you," I brushed a few fringes on my forehead.

Awkward silence filled the lift. Sometimes he would open his mouth to say some stuff but he wouldn't produce any voice.

I mean, what the hell Luhan. 

Do you even know how to speak?

Have your parents taught you that?

Do you even want to start a conversation with me?

Cause if you do. I don't.

I don't feel like talking to anyone specially you.

You don't make any sense. You always bully me (as if I care). Whatever action you do irritates me like I want to put a super sticky masking tape on your mouth and shove it off with your lips stuck on the tape.

Oh, and did I mention how I want to scoop those deadpan eyes out of their sockets? 

If killing Luhan wasn't a crime at all then he'd be dead the moment his filthy mouth opens again.

 

- - - - -

 

Luhan's grandfather doesn't resemble his grandson, at all. I mean it. 

His eyes were different from Luhan. I was also wondering why Luhan's face differ from both his mother and father. 

Maybe Luhan's features follow his grandmother or probably his sister, if he has one.

"Yoo Jangmi, is that you?" His grandfather asked. A simple nod was my reply.

Luhan sat beside his grandfather's bed. On all means, he was an unique gentleman.

He ignored me who was standing on the same spot with a pair of aching feet.

"So, the Yoo's have returned?" Grandfather sighed. Why am I calling him grandfather you ask? RESPECT.

Grandpa Lu leaned forward using all his might. But as a caring grandson Luhan is, he supported his grandpa to sit up straight.

"Grandfather, don't tire yourself." was all Luhan's comment.

Wow, impressive. Fragile in front of old people while stingy with girls? Double combo. A high score for you LuBrat!

"Where are your parents?" Grandpa Lu cleared his throat. Luhan gave a shrug. Too timid to answer his grandfather I guess.

Playing with his wrinkled fingers, Grandpa Lu hesitated to eye the both of us. "Since your parents aren't here, it's time to tell you kids the truth."

I sent Luhan a confused look while he didn't bother look at me in return. "I was the one who ordered your father to have an arranged marriage with one of the Yoo's." Luhan still had his poker face on. "It all started with a petty deal back in the day."

"Jangmi's ancestors were the most abundant among all of China. Our clan were envious of their riches that a Lu was bonded with a Yoo. One day, Xi (the name of the Lu who was bonded) assassinated the Yoo's one by one starting with her husband. She made their riches her own." Grandpa Lu told, catching our utmost attentions.

"So, your point is that your family are a bunch of psychos?" I indicated the obliviousness of the story. Grandpa Lu laughed then continued afterwards.

"Little did they know, a Yoo remained, hidden beneath the forest. He heard of the news and decided to marry Xi by changing his name. Xi fell madly in love with the boy and made a dozen children. Finally, the day came when the boy told the truth about his true identity. Xi apologized sincerely and he accepted it. Nevertheless, there was a twist." Granpa Lu cut the story. 

Our faces were so epic. I wanted to know what happened next like the an avid drama fan, which I am. 

If ever this were a fanfic, this would be one of the best slice of life fiction stories. Swear.

Grandpa Lu brought Luhan's chin up. His mouth nearly drooled because of the genuiness of the story.

And to think, it was our family history.

"A Lu and a Yoo must marry each other for the next 50 generations," Grandpa Lu reached for the glass of water which Luhan gladly helped him with.

I broke in to the story. "How could a Lu and a Yoo marry if you clearly stated that he was the last Yoo? You don't mean--"

"Their children were with each other."

My ears are definitely twitching. ? How could parents let their children be ? 

Luhan counted his fingers intently. He was dead serious about the story. 

"Yeye (grandpa), over 49 generations already passed, not including you. You're the last generation to tie a knot with a Yoo. Then why do I have to marry this kid?" Luhan spoke, examining my 2003 fashion sense.

"Because I escaped it. I travelled to Korea to escape that insane arranged marriage. I thought it was all over when I went here but I was wrong. Misfortunes kept visiting me. When you're father was in College, he had the courage to come in Seoul and start up a bussiness though he only had little money to begin with," Grandpa Lu smiled as he reminisced the memories.

"As they say in the ancient times, the closer you get to your goal, the luckier you will get. You're father became the richest man in Korea. I thought the goal was to start a bussiness but I was wrong."

"It was you, Jangmi-ah. You were the goal. If you exchange vows with my grandson then all the bad lucks in your family, as well as mine, will completely vanish forever. You have to keep the deal made years ago. You have to break this curse. Only you and Luhan can break it or bad omen will take over every Lu and Yoo." Grandpa Lu finished. 

His eyes were directly staring at mine waiting for my respond.

My heart was palpitating very fast as if it were to jump out my chest any moment.

Thoughts and reasons started popping inside my head.

I felt pity for them, for us; my brain was arguing with my heart.

One wrong move and I can mess this whole thing up. What am I gonna do? What am I gonna reply?

 

"I'm sorry grandpa, I can't do it." I faced the cold marble floor of the hospital room. "It would be better if our families are left untouched."

Right at that moment, the heart monitor made deafening beeps. Slowly, the lines jumped up then would sink their way down.

The weak old man's body agitated, almost making him fall out of bed.

Luhan ran as fast as he could to call the nurses. He was trying to catch his breath the time he entered the room with all the medical staff dashing towards his grandfather's bed.

I tried to exit the momentum. I really did. But this thing hindered me from doing so.

Behind the door was a huge rectangular full-body mirror, I stared at my own reflection.

I gave my best to stop gazing at it but my motions were doing otherwise. 

My reflection smiled at me lovingly then another reflection stood beside mine. It was a boy reaching out his hand to me. 

His hand was out of the mirror. I stepped cautiously backwards. His hand was full of scratch marks by a blunt knife.

"Help us," The girl mouthed, still her smile lingered on her red raspberry lips. "Marry him."

I was breathing short breaths. There were no space left when I backed up.

The two reflections walked their way towards me. Their eyes defined danger.

"MARRY HIM!!!" The girl, now with white colored eyes, screamed right in front of my face. Her hands entangled around my neck, strangling me to death.

The boy boomed an ear-piercing screech. His nails dug through my skin. Red blood oozed out of my thin sheathing. 

I'm going to die.

 

"I'LL MARRY LUHAN!!!" I shrieked, coughing blood out of my mouth. My eyesight faded leisurely. 

Everything my eyes sighted became blurry and the colors of the objects dulled. 

I heard my name being called before my body dropped on the heartless floor. 

The color black filtered  my eyesight. 

I out.

 

 

 

- - - - -

 

Annyeong readers! ^^ It's Luhan's saeng-il (birthday)! 

I personally thank his parents for giving birth to such a perfect human being on the date of April 20, 1990.

I can't believe he's 23 now when in truth he looks like a 12 year old kid. ;~; He's so freakin' adowable. Btw, he's my #1 bias. :D

/le party/ 

So yeah. I know I fail at writing scary stuff. I admit it. I didn't intend to make it scary anyways. Instead, I want to reach out the message by those hallucinations Jangmi had. :)

Yeah, you'll find out later on. 

Oh, and to those who plan to unsubscribe. I don't care. -_- Unsubscribe if you want. I didn't do this for the fame. I'm doing this cause I like writing, I like making stories about my idols and I'm making this for my own fun and I just want to share them with other fans out there. :P

Throw flames at me if you want. I'll accept it. It'll make my writing better, I guess.

To those who's currently subscribed, thank you from the deepest of my very heart. <3 More twists will come~ Nyenyenye~ /insert batman theme music/

SARANGHAEYO MAH LOVIES & HAPPY 23RD BIRTHDAY TO OUR XIAO LU, LUHAN! <3 <3 <3

 

xoxo, --shootingstar