DAMAGED

Misunderstood

 

Monday came too fast for Tiffany. She didn’t want to live through what she had this past week. She returned to her locker but found no new notes. A sigh of relief escaped her lips and she got her things for her morning set of classes. She closed her locker only to be startled by a face staring at her.

 

“What the heck Yuri? You scared me half to death,” yelled Tiffany.

 

“I’m sorry Fany but I just had to see you. I missed you so much this past week. We won the tournament! It was such a blast. The coach took us out to eat and everything,” Yuri animatedly said.

 

“That’s really nice Yuri,” Tiffany said less enthusiastically.

 

Yuri tilted her head to the side and asked, “Is something wrong?”

 

“It’s nothing Yuri. Let’s just go to class okay,” said Tiffany and she walked away to class.

 

“Fany,” Yuri said to herself and chased after the girl.

 

When they entered class and took their seats, Tiffany could hear the whispers. She knew that the class was talking about her. She couldn’t ignore it any longer. Yuri was completely oblivious to this, seeking Tiffany’s attention. Slowly, the whispers were getting to her. Before she reached her boiling point the teacher came in and began class. Luckily for Tiffany, this calmed her down a bit. She left for her next class immediately without saying anything to Yuri leaving the girl behind confused.

 

When her math class was over Yuri was waiting outside of it. Tiffany couldn’t escape Yuri this time. Packing her book in her bag, she walked up to the door. Yuri gave her a big smile and all she could do was look at the taller girl.

 

“You ready for lunch? It’ll be my treat since I haven’t seen you for so long,” Yuri said with a grin. Just when Tiffany was about to say something a girl walked up to the two of them.

 

“Hi Yuri”

 

“Hey there,” said Yuri smiling at the other girl.

 

“Hi Tiffany”

 

Tiffany looked at the girl and she ran off to her friends giggling. The memories of last week couldn’t escape her mind. The only thing she wanted to do was escape. Her body moved without her thinking and she started to walk off fast. Yuri called her name but she only walked faster. When she was about to reach one of the school’s exits a girl approached her.

 

“Hi Tiffany”

 

Tiffany immediately stopped in her tracks. She couldn’t take this anymore. It was not normal and she had enough. “What the hell are your problems? I am not some living goddess! I am just a normal person like the rest of you! Stop randomly coming up to me and giggling off! Stop placing me on your high pedestals before I come back and smack you upside the head with it! Now get the hell out of my way,” she screamed and stormed off.

 

Yuri could only stand there and watch what just unfolded, mind blown. The girl was in shock too. Yuri looked back and approached the girl. “Please excuse Tiffany. Something has been bugging her all day. She didn’t mean to yell at you. Okay,” she said. The girl being shocked a second time that the goddess Yuri spoke to her nodded her head with vigor. Yuri smiled and the girl squealed. She then watched the girl run away and meet up with her friends jumping up and down. Yuri smiled to herself seeing the reaction she caused. That smile was short lived as she remembered that she had to find Tiffany.

 

Tiffany was in the back of the school where she usually had lunch with Yuri. She was sitting on one of the benches when she heard someone approach. Looking up she saw that it was Yuri. Yuri kneeled down in front of her and held one of her knees.

 

“Please don’t do this Yuri,” Tiffany pleaded.

 

“Do what? What did I do Fany? Tell me what’s wrong,” said Yuri.

 

“I can’t do this anymore Yuri. I can’t take it. I can’t continue being your friend anymore.”

 

Yuri’s mouth dropped. “What did you say,” Yuri asked in a whisper.

 

“I’ve had enough Yuri. I can’t handle this any longer. My life was so much better before you came into it! I didn’t have to deal with this. I could go about my day and not care about anything! I want my old life back. I can’t be around you anymore,” shouted Tiffany.

 

Yuri could only watch Tiffany stand up and leave her. She wanted to call out but the pain inside was too great. She couldn’t understand what went wrong. Everything was fine before she left for the tournament. A lone tear fell followed by another and another. She laid her head down on the bench and wept.