Real or Fake

The Bet

 

Yuri laid in bed, groaning at her bruised stomach. Yuri had told her parents that she got into a sports accident, not wanting them to overreact if she told them she got beaten up.
 
"Yuri-ah! You have a guest! I'm sending her up to your room!" Mrs. Kwon called out.
 
Yuri began to slowly sit up.
 
"Don't sit up, you pabo!" Jessica ordered, running over to Yuri who seemed like she was in pain. Jessica put her hands on Yuri's shoulder, making the taller girl lay down again.
 
"Jessica?" Yuri called.
 
Jessica frowned because Yuri hadn't called her 'Sica', but she knows not everything is going to be the same.
 
Jessica nodded, "Yep, that's my name, don't wear it out."
 
Yuri rolled her eyes at her childness, "Why aren't you in school?"
 
Jessica shrugged, "I wanted to visit you."
 
Yuri frowned, "As much as I'm touch that you came to visit me, you shouldn't skip school."
 
Jessica pouted, "One day isn't going to kill me."
 
Yuri sighed, "Alright, but I can't really do anything, my stomach is such a pain. So, find a way to entertain yourself."
 
Jessica bit her lip, "Is it really that bad?"
 
Yuri nodded, "Yea.."
 
Jessica lowered her head, "Sorry.."
 
Yuri sat up, ignoring the pain in her stomach. She put her finger on Jessicas chin, lifting her head. Jessica was startled at the sudden contact.
 
Yuri smiled warmly, "Why are you sorry? It wasn't you who beat me up."
 
Jessica frowned, "But it's my fault, if I never agreed to the bet this wouldn't have happened."
 
Yuri thought about it, "But, if you never agreed to the bet, you wouldn't have met me, and I wouldn't have met you. Is that what you want?"
 
Jessica immediately shook her head, making Yuri giggle slightly. Jessica realized that she had answered the answer fast, so she blushed.
 
"Hehe.. Cute.." Yuri said, poking Jessica's cheek.
 
Jessica smacked Yuri's hand away making the younger girl laugh softly.
 
"Yuri! I'm going to work now! Take care!" Mrs. Kwon called out.
 
"Alright!" Yuri yelled back before she heard the front door close.
 
After a moment of silence, Jessica spoke, "Are you mad at me?"
 
"Mad?"
 
Jessica nodded, "For not telling you about the bet."
 
Yuri began to think, "I'll only be mad if you tell me that all the feelings involved were fake. So, tell me honestly, were the feelings real or fake?"
 
"Feelings?" it was Jessicas turned to be confused.
 
"Feelings. Happiness, sadness, loneliness. Were they real or were they fake?" 
 
"They were ... Real.." Jessica answered.
 
Yuri smiled widely, showing off her white teeth, "Good, that means I'm not mad at you anymore because my feelings are real to !"
 
Jessica giggled at the suddenly happy Yuri.
 
The two girls spent the day chatting, watching tv, and joking around, as if the bet never happened.
 
----
 
 
"STOP!" Taeyeon managed to yell out in-between the kicks that were being given to her.
 
The boys, who were surprised by the sudden out  burst, stopped kicking and looked at Taeyeon.
 
Taeyeon spit out some blood, "You guys are pathetic, beating up a girl."
 
"Dude come on, someone is coming!" the look out called.
 
Taeyeon was given one last kick in the stomach before the group of boys ran away, leaving the short girl on the ground, outside the school.
 
The school door opened and out walked Tiffany. Tiffany saw a body on the ground. As she got closer the body became familiar, it was Taeyeon! 
 
Tiffany began to run to the girl who cuddled herself into a ball.
 
"No more kicks!" Taeyeon called out, hearing the foot steps.
 
"Taeyeon?" Taeyeon heard the familiar voice which instantly calmed her down.
 
Tiffany noticed the blood on the ground that was next to Taeyeons head, "What happened?"
 
Taeyeon groaned, "Too much pain."
 
Tiffany bent down, "I'll call the ambulance."
 
Taeyeon nodded as Tiffany quickly called the ambulance. About 10 minutes after the call, Taeyeon was put into the red and white truck, along with Tiffany who sat beside the girl.
 
'Please be okay..' Tiffany mentally prayed.
 
---
 
"Sorry!" Sunny called out as she bumped into someone in the hall. Sunny looked up and saw the familiar girl.
 
Sunny immediately began to walk away when Sooyoung held her wrist, "Wait."
 
"What?" Sunny asked icily, turning around.
 
Sooyoung was surprised at the cold Sunny, she bit her lip, "Want to..."
 
Sunny raised an eyebrow.
 
"Eat lunch with me?" Sooyoung finished quickly.
 
Sunny bit the inside of her cheek, should she accept?
 
"Sure."